Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is there an Instant Pot recall? Company says some products are melting

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/368722002/
or
http://tinyurl.com/y9un62uj
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/368722002/
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/y9un62uj

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5053c01fc827

"Everyone take a deep breath. Your Instant Pot pressure cooker has not been recalled.

By Becky Krystal February 23 at 10:00 AM

Last weekend, Instant Pot shared a post on its Facebook page about some of its products potentially melting and asked customers to stop using them. The story started gaining traction online, seemingly kicked off by the venerable, reliable Consumer Reports on Wednesday, but there are two things to keep in mind.

First €” and a very big first: This has nothing to do with the companys pressure cookers, the whiz-bang, do-everything devices that have gained a cult following.

REPEAT: Your Instant Pot pressure cooker is not a safety hazard.

Second, there is no official recall (yet) on the affected appliance, a multicooker that does not have a pressure-cooking function (it does, however, have settings for baking, steaming, roasting and slow-cooking, among others)..

According to the post from Instant Pot, €œWe have received a small number of reports of the Gem 65 8-in-1 Multicooker overheating, resulting in localized melting damage to the underside of the product.€ Owners are asked to look on the silver label on the underside of the cooker; if the batch code is 1728, 1730, 1731, 1734, and 1746, Instant Pot wants you €œto immediately stop use of the product.€

The company said it is working on coordinating replacements for customers with the affected models. We have reached out to Instant Pot and will update as new information is available.

Feel better?

Now, carry on with your pressure cooking..."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2018 10:59 PM, Steve 'Julie Bove' Wertz wrote:
> U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/368722002/
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/y9un62uj

> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5053c01fc827
>
> "Everyone take a deep breath. Your Instant Pot pressure cooker has not been recalled.
>
> By Becky Krystal February 23 at 10:00 AM
>
> Last weekend, Instant Pot shared a post on its Facebook page about some of its products potentially melting and asked customers to stop using them. The story started gaining traction online, seemingly kicked off by the venerable, reliable Consumer Reports on Wednesday, but there are two things to keep in mind.
>
> First €” and a very big first: This has nothing to do with the companys pressure cookers, the whiz-bang, do-everything devices that have gained a cult following.
>
> REPEAT: Your Instant Pot pressure cooker is not a safety hazard.
>
> Second, there is no official recall (yet) on the affected appliance, a multicooker that does not have a pressure-cooking function (it does, however, have settings for baking, steaming, roasting and slow-cooking, among others).
>
> According to the post from Instant Pot, €œWe have received a small number of reports of the Gem 65 8-in-1 Multicooker overheating, resulting in localized melting damage to the underside of the product.€ Owners are asked to look on the silver label on the underside of the cooker; if the batch code is 1728, 1730, 1731, 1734, and 1746, Instant Pot wants you €œto immediately stop use of the product.€
>
> The company said it is working on coordinating replacements for customers with the affected models. We have reached out to Instant Pot and will update as new information is available.
>
> Feel better?
>
> Now, carry on with your pressure cooking..."

I blame This Is Us.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steaming without pressure? Shame shame.