Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Twilight Zone Dinner tonight

"Casa del Sol naciente" wrote in message
news

Lol, next up my rhapsody to the Triumph Herald!

https://betterparts.org/images/trium...ld-1360-14.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...d_1250_(1).jpg

Sharp, sharp...oh so sharp!

===

Yep! I had one of those too I seem to remember we talked about the cars
we'd had before did we not))

My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was .. *sigh*

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was .. *sigh*
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to the engine would be just awesome.

The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed by it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4 adults so handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car with a transverse engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife that one day all cars would have this drivetrain - and the rest is history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/22/2017 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was .. *sigh*
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to the engine would be just awesome.
>
> The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed by it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4 adults so handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car with a transverse engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife that one day all cars would have this drivetrain - and the rest is history.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY

Your predictive side is active, innit?

And wow does she learn fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc

%-0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:30:53 PM UTC-10, Casa del Sol naciente wrote:

> Your predictive side is active, innit?
>
> And wow does she learn fast!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc
>
> %-0

The car came with a suspension that used liquid filled balloons instead of springs and shocks. Each wheel was connected to the one on the same side.This resulted in a car that was very loose around the pitch axis but allowed for almost zero roll during cornering and loading. Very unusual!

When I bought the car I had never driven a 4-speed before. The look of apprehension was probably very similar to that young girl. By the time we got it home, a couple of miles away, I had it figured out and was ready to drag race VW Bugs. Hee hee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/22/2017 4:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:30:53 PM UTC-10, Casa del Sol naciente wrote:
>>
>> Your predictive side is active, innit?
>>
>> And wow does she learn fast!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc
>>
>> %-0

> The car came with a suspension that used liquid filled balloons instead of springs and shocks. Each wheel was connected to the one on the same side.This resulted in a car that was very loose around the pitch axis but allowed for almost zero roll during cornering and loading. Very unusual!

Citroene-like even...

> When I bought the car I had never driven a 4-speed before. The look of apprehension was probably very similar to that young girl. By the time we got it home, a couple of miles away, I had it figured out and was ready to drag race VW Bugs. Hee hee.

James Dean watch out!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa del Sol naciente" wrote in message
news
On 12/22/2017 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was ..
>> *sigh*
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so
> radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to the
> engine would be just awesome.
>
> The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed by
> it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4 adults so
> handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car with a
> transverse engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife that one
> day all cars would have this drivetrain - and the rest is history.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY

Your predictive side is active, innit?

And wow does she learn fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc

%-0

==

I think I might have had a Marina but definitely not the Allegro.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/23/2017 4:47 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Casa del Sol naciente"Â* wrote in message
> news >
> On 12/22/2017 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire.Â* Maroon it was ..
>>> *sigh*
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so
>> radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to
>> the engine would be just awesome.
>>
>> The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed
>> by it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4
>> adults so handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car
>> with a transverse engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife
>> that one day all cars would have this drivetrain - and the rest is
>> history.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY
>>

> Your predictive side is active, innit?
>
> And wow does she learn fast!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc
>
> %-0
>
> ==
>
> I think I might have had a Marina but definitely not the Allegro.

I shall advise Clarkson to cease his snotty critiques!

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de venganza servida FrÃ*a" wrote in message
news
On 12/23/2017 4:47 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Casa del Sol naciente" wrote in message
> news >
> On 12/22/2017 3:18 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was ..
>>> *sigh*
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so
>> radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to the
>> engine would be just awesome.
>>
>> The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed by
>> it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4 adults so
>> handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car with a
>> transverse engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife that one
>> day all cars would have this drivetrain - and the rest is history.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY
>>

> Your predictive side is active, innit?
>
> And wow does she learn fast!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJfbunHVuc
>
> %-0
>
> ==
>
> I think I might have had a Marina but definitely not the Allegro.

I shall advise Clarkson to cease his snotty critiques!

;-)

==

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> My favourite in those days though was my Spitfire. Maroon it was ..
> *sigh*
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

A most wonderful design! It took a lot of guts to put out something so
radical. I liked that clamshell hood too. Having that much access to the
engine would be just awesome.

The only Brit car that I ever had was a BMC 1100. I was most impressed by
it. There's probably no other car ever built that could seat 4 adults so
handlily on such a small wheelbase. I had never seen a car with a transverse
engine and front wheel drive before. I told my wife that one day all cars
would have this drivetrain - and the rest is history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LpDxLZdiY

==

Ahhh I didn't know what a BMC was. That is the Austin 1100 I never had
that one

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 1:54:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ahhh I didn't know what a BMC was. That is the Austin 1100 I never had
> that one
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I said BMC because the car was sold under a wide range of marques in the British Motor Corporation, including MG, Morris, Vanden Plas, and Austin. I had the Austin America.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 1:54:26 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Ahhh I didn't know what a BMC was. That is the Austin 1100 I never
> had
> that one
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I said BMC because the car was sold under a wide range of marques in the
British Motor Corporation, including MG, Morris, Vanden Plas, and Austin. I
had the Austin America.

==

Ok

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

tonight's dinner Storrmmee General Cooking 10 19-10-2011 02:52 AM
Dinner tonight Ozgirl Diabetic 31 23-09-2011 05:31 AM
Dinner tonight maxine in ri General Cooking 25 18-06-2008 04:25 PM