Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food: Hurricane Quiche!

Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different cheeses:

https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg

Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sun 10 Sep 2017 06:36:40p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different cheeses:
>>
>> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>>
>> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> It looks delicious, Jill. Did you happen to add any onion or garlic?

I added onion, no garlic.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2017 6:36 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different cheeses:
>
> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>
> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>
> Jill

Looks good. Any chance you have a picture of a slice (cross section)
you can post?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hurricane Quiche!

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different cheeses:
>
> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>
> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>
> Jill

Looks really good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 8:36:53 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different cheeses:
>
> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>
> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>
> Jill

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have slice, please.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2017 12:41 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 10-Sep-2017, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different
>> cheeses:
>>
>> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>>
>> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>>
>> Jill

> Yum; I've not had broccoli quiche before; but, I'd dig into that
> in a flash.

The original recipe for broccoli quiche called for that elusive american
"Swiss" which some poster finds difficult to find. I added a lot of
different cheeses.

Quite tasty! I'm just sitting here watching a hurricane blow through my
neck of the woods. There is a hummingbird who refused to leave. So I
put the feeder back out for her. Kudos to her for weathering the storm!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-11, jmcquown > wrote:

> The original recipe for broccoli quiche called for that elusive american
> "Swiss" which some poster finds difficult to find.

As a huge quiche fan, I gotta ask: did you first saute the broccoli
until it had given up most of its liquid moisture?

I find that NOT sautéing the veggies leaves a lot of moisture in the
pie, which will cause it to "weep" considerably, upon cooling. You
would not think it, but even mushrooms have quite a bit of moisture
that must first be cooked out. I usually accomplish this by
sautéing/sweating any veggies --including onions-- to decrease this
moisture.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 12:53:31 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/11/2017 12:41 PM, l not -l wrote:
>> On 10-Sep-2017, jmcquown > wrote:
>>
>>> Yep, I did it. Broccoli quiche with a variety of different
>>> cheeses:
>>>
>>> https://s26.postimg.org/l3luvo749/hurricane_quiche.jpg
>>>
>>> Smells wonderful. Looks pretty good, too.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Yum; I've not had broccoli quiche before; but, I'd dig into that
>> in a flash.
>>

>The original recipe for broccoli quiche called for that elusive american
>"Swiss" which some poster finds difficult to find.

Not hard at all. It's any cheese with holes in it, as seen in
cartoons, that has not been made in Suisseland, an island in the
Pacific.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/11/2017 2:11 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-09-11, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> The original recipe for broccoli quiche called for that elusive american
>> "Swiss" which some poster finds difficult to find.

> As a huge quiche fan, I gotta ask: did you first saute the broccoli
> until it had given up most of its liquid moisture?
>
> I find that NOT sautéing the veggies leaves a lot of moisture in the
> pie, which will cause it to "weep" considerably, upon cooling. You
> would not think it, but even mushrooms have quite a bit of moisture
> that must first be cooked out. I usually accomplish this by
> sautéing/sweating any veggies --including onions-- to decrease this
> moisture.
>
> nb

It was frozen broccoli florets so I heated them in a steamer basket over
simmering water to get rid of the ice crystals and to soften it a bit
more than tender crisp (I don't want crisp veggies in a quiche); then
let it drain in the sink. No problems with the veggies weeping. I'm an
old hand at this, too much moisture has never been a issue.

Jill