Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jamaican White Overproof Rum

On Wednesday, December 22, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Fudge wrote:
> I have been given a bottle of Wray & Nephew White Overproof rum by a
> gentleman of the Jamaican persuasion. The label says "Guaranteed Full
> Strength" but the actual proof or % alc is not given. I suspect it is close
> to 90% Alc/Vol. It has an oily smell like Victory Gin in Orwells 1984.
> Probably a liver disintegrator in large volumes. It might be usefull to
> flambe deserts etc but what shall I do with the stuff?
>
> Farmer John
>
> Veni, Vidi, Velcro
> I came, I saw, I stuck around.

It's a very important spirit. Some consider it to have the fragrance of over ripe bananas hence "over proof". It is definitely a required taste. One day, when you are feeling brave, have a shot and drink it straight! Bottoms up!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

http://www.belize.org/marketplacebelize/rum
> >> Two BZ dollars = One US dollar

> >My favorite rum is Barbancourt. It's from Haiti. You can taste the sugar cane, it's not sweet but the flavor is wonderful.

> You'd better stock up on it, I'm afraid.

I first tried Barbancourt after Haiti was ravaged by that last hurricane. I read a news story that talked about the pepole helping rebuild the distillery to keep the rum and jobs flowing. I bought it as a contribution to the Haitian economy and liked it so much I keep buying it. If the distillery is damaged again, they will rebuild. And I'll keep buying it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

>>> My favorite rum is Barbancourt. It's from Haiti. You can taste the sugar cane, it's not sweet but the flavor is wonderful.

>> You'd better stock up on it, I'm afraid.

> I first tried Barbancourt after Haiti was ravaged by that last hurricane. I read a news story that talked about the pepole helping rebuild the distillery to keep the rum and jobs flowing. I bought it as a contribution to the Haitian economy and liked it so much I keep buying it. If the distillery is damaged again, they will rebuild. And I'll keep buying it.

Yep, most of the islands make OK rum. But none of the women
on those islands have gigantic breasts like the belize
women. And, their tits don't shrink away, when taken to cold
northern climates, like noo yawk or lung guyland

Jamaican White Overproof Rum [email protected] General Cooking 0 07-09-2017 07:06 AM
Jamaican Food Tara General Cooking 5 27-04-2014 06:02 PM
Jamaican Rum Fruitcake International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 26-01-2008 02:25 AM
Jamaican Fruit Bread International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 26-01-2008 02:17 AM
Steak Jamaican [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-01-2007 01:19 AM