Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My 600 Pound Life - Who Pays?

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:31:31 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/26/2017 8:38 PM, wrote:

>>> Plain ramen is a little calorie high but cheap to buy. The new trend is
>>> to add lots of veggies to it. Not a new trend though as I've always
>>> added things to it.

>> I eat doctored raman about once a week with all kinds of veggies added
>> and meat and eggs too... I don't believe anyone can blame ramen for
>> weighing 600 pounds... even if I ate a packet of ramen once a day I'd
>> not gain weight, I'd probably lose weight. I'm positive if I ate
>> nothing else but a doctored packet of ramen three times a day for
>> three months I'd become a 90 pound weakling.
>>

>The difference is, you're active. You're always out doing something in
>your yard or garden. People who get up to 600 lbs. are obviously not
>moving around much.

But then it's not the ramen, they would be eating triple portions of
bacon and eggs. I think it would be difficult to weigh 600 pounds on
a diet of ramen... more likely they'd be pigging out on pizza,
burgers, fries, and ice cream... with a dozen donuts for dessert
washed down with gallons of full sugar soda.

So far today I had two mugs of black coffee, then a half hour ago I
ate a turkey sandwich. Dinner tonight will be one of my 12 oz home
ground lean burgers, no roll but a mess of caramelized onions, but I
drain them well by setting the pan on a slant,
and serve them on a double paper plate to suck up more oil. I made
up ten burgers yesterday, top round was on sale and it looked very
good, I trimmed away any exterior fat and fed it to the crows, I've
never seen any obese crows.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I eat doctored raman about once a week with all kinds of veggies added
>>> and meat and eggs too... I don't believe anyone can blame ramen for
>>> weighing 600 pounds... even if I ate a packet of ramen once a day I'd
>>> not gain weight, I'd probably lose weight. I'm positive if I ate
>>> nothing else but a doctored packet of ramen three times a day for
>>> three months I'd become a 90 pound weakling.
>>>

>> The difference is, you're active. You're always out doing something in
>> your yard or garden. People who get up to 600 lbs. are obviously not
>> moving around much.

> But then it's not the ramen,

No, it's not. That was merely an example of junk food, quick fix stuff
that people who tend to get overweight might eat. Not intended to be
taken literally.

> So far today I had two mugs of black coffee, then a half hour ago I
> ate a turkey sandwich. Dinner tonight will be one of my 12 oz home
> ground lean burgers, no roll but a mess of caramelized onions, but I
> drain them well by setting the pan on a slant,
> and serve them on a double paper plate to suck up more oil. I made
> up ten burgers yesterday, top round was on sale and it looked very
> good, I trimmed away any exterior fat and fed it to the crows, I've
> never seen any obese crows.

I haven't either!

Jill