Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Muslim man sues Little Caesars - and other pesky customers

On 5/29/2017 5:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>> Muslim man sues Little Caesars, claiming 'halal' label on
>> pizza was a lie
>>
>> <https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/05/26/muslim-man-sues-little-caesars-claiming-halal-label-pizza-lie/102192152/>

> In my restaurants we have menus and signs that clearly say, "We
> explicitly deny serving any food that is vegetarian, vegan, lacto
> vegetarian, ovo vegetarian, lacto ovo vegetarian, pollotarian,
> pescaterian, flexitarian, gluten free, organic, dairy free, low fat,
> low sodium, all natural, cage free, free range, antibiotic free, grass
> fed, wild caught, humane, hormone free, dolphin safe, fair trade,
> halal, kosher, pesach, parve, or certified-anything. All foods may
> contain any and all known allergens. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you don't
> accept this then get out now because we don't want your pampered
> whiney asses in here. If you ask your server for any of the above we
> will physically kick your ass out, and the horse you rode in on. And
> we appreciate your business!"
>
> -sw

Some minimum pizza maker screwed up. You don't think that is worth
$100million? Any settlement should be in cash delivered in pig skin
satchels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2017 6:49 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

>> Some minimum pizza maker screwed up. You don't think that is worth
>> $100million? Any settlement should be in cash delivered in pig skin
>> satchels.

> Pepperoni, by law, MUST contain pork. Anybody who is refraining from
> pork for religious reasons should know that if you're eating
> pepperoni, it's PORK. Duh. Ignorance of the laws of the United
> States is not a defense.
>
> It doesn't sound like the customer ever inquired as to the ingredients
> of the product. Then goes ahead and orders a pepperoni pizza assuming
> it doesn't contain pork.
>
> Case closed and issue him a felony trespass warning for Little
> Caesars.
>
> -sw

The article I read said it was supposed to be halal pepperoni. It does exist
http://www.midamarhalal.com/Product/...Pepperoni.aspx