Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 10 signs you're a pretentious foodie

https://tinyurl.com/l6g58lz

>> They grow wild everywhere and are easy to collect; our grandchildren
>> love to go blackberrying. Last autumn they made blackberry pie, apple
>> and blackberry Eve's pudding, and also had raw blackberries on yoghurt
>> and on porridge. Lots of vitamin C
>>
>> Janet UK

>Oh, I know full well what blackberries look like - they are a constant
>weed in my yard.

In Tasmania everybody was always cursing the omnipresent blackberry
weeds, but at the same time supermarkets were selling blackberries for
$5 a punnet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-06 1:03 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 17:58:24 +0100, Janet > wrote:

https://tinyurl.com/l6g58lz

>> They grow wild everywhere and are easy to collect; our grandchildren
>> love to go blackberrying. Last autumn they made blackberry pie, apple
>> and blackberry Eve's pudding, and also had raw blackberries on yoghurt
>> and on porridge. Lots of vitamin C
>>
>> Janet UK

> Oh, I know full well what blackberries look like - they are a constant
> weed in my yard. I'm just saying that the briars by my childhood
> house in Michigan had no redeeming value to them... no berries
> what-so-ever. There are thorny plants that don't produce berries and
> that briar patch was one of them. Don't ask me what it was, because I
> don't know. I can only tell you what is wasn't.

I think I know what you are talking about. There several types of
thorny pain in the ass plants that grow wild around here. There are
blackberries with a reddish coloured cane and small barbs. They are
unpleasant to the touch, but not really dangerous. Then there are the
blackberries, which have a slightly ribbed cane and larger, sharper
canes. Then there is something similar to the blackberry. They have a
similar shape of cane, but they never seem to bear fruit. The ribs in
the cane are more pronounced and the barbs are longer and sharper.

I am constantly waging war with the wild roses back there. They are
downright invasive. I like to cut back the brush on the trails, but
cutting back roses just seems to make them grow more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 May 2017 09:10:58 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Then there is something similar to the blackberry. They have a
> similar shape of cane, but they never seem to bear fruit. The ribs in
> the cane are more pronounced and the barbs are longer and sharper.

That sounds like it, thanks. I was little, the briar patch was big
and those thorns were spikes.

How to tell if a restaurant is pretentious... Peter Lawrence Coffee 3 16-03-2011 05:44 AM
Pretentious Tempranillo (Good QPR) responder[_2_] Wine 0 20-01-2011 03:12 AM
Foodie Finds from Foodie Weekend koko General Cooking 2 22-08-2010 05:47 PM
Beer Signs Russ Beer 0 30-07-2005 01:19 PM
pub signs 4 you Nostalgia Beer 0 15-01-2004 11:52 AM