Old 20-01-2011, 03:12 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pretentious Tempranillo (Good QPR)

On 1/17/2011 2:13 PM, Joseph Coulter wrote:
Found at local Costco. Anciana Gran Reserva 2000 (aged 10 years)
Valdepeñas. Bottle has netting around it sort of like some Riojas. All
in all promising more than any $7.99US wine could muster, but if we
cut back to the cost we find a good sturdy every day wine that
delivers above its price point. I find it similar to and smoother than
most Rioja Crianza (all that aging counts for somthing) and
approaching many more expensive Spanish reds.

Joseph Coulter
J&B Journeys
www.josephcoulter.com

904 685 5317

I went to Costco and purchased a number of bottles of this wine.

Aside from the great price, I found the wine quite interesting. The
tannin is very smooth and I decanted one of the bottles and it opened up
very nicely. I will buy some more.
Thanks for your post..

10 signs you're a pretentious foodie graham[_4_] General Cooking 42 07-05-2017 06:09 AM
TN: Tempranillo Night DaleW Wine 1 24-09-2012 05:56 PM
How to tell if a restaurant is pretentious... Peter Lawrence Coffee 3 16-03-2011 05:44 AM
TN: Costieres white, Argentina Tempranillo, and an appelation called Maurice? DaleW Wine 1 10-11-2005 04:01 AM
Spanish Tempranillo. Mat Wine 3 04-04-2004 07:01 AM