Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New cups marked correctly.

Got the last of my new measuring cups today. For future reference, not all
things ordered from Jet come in a day or two. Apparently other vendors ship
through them and they can take longer. Anyway...

All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when they
started making the cups like this again but me likey!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:01:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when they
>started making the cups like this again but me likey!

LOL, the correct side. I know what you mean though, although for me I
want metric on the 'correct' side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2016 6:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Got the last of my new measuring cups today. For future reference, not
> all things ordered from Jet come in a day or two. Apparently other
> vendors ship through them and they can take longer. Anyway...
>
> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

Not for us lefties.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:38:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/13/2016 6:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Got the last of my new measuring cups today. For future reference, not
>> all things ordered from Jet come in a day or two. Apparently other
>> vendors ship through them and they can take longer. Anyway...
>>
>> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
>> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

>Not for us lefties.

I thought McCarthy had you all sent to the gulags?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:38:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 7/13/2016 6:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
> > they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

> Not for us lefties.

You, too?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2016 7:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/13/2016 6:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
>> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

> Not for us lefties.

Oy! I remember the table seating order as a child, one of my brothers
was a leftie. At school they even tried to force him to write with his
right hand. What a ridiculous idea. Not the table seating, so much.
Stop poking me with your elbow, use your other hand... nope just swap
seats.

I'm pretty sure my brother can read a measuring cup no matter which side
it is printed on.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/13/2016 8:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/13/2016 7:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 7/13/2016 6:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
>>> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

>> Not for us lefties.

> Oy! I remember the table seating order as a child, one of my brothers
> was a leftie. At school they even tried to force him to write with his
> right hand. What a ridiculous idea. Not the table seating, so much.
> Stop poking me with your elbow, use your other hand... nope just swap
> seats.
>
> I'm pretty sure my brother can read a measuring cup no matter which side
> it is printed on.
>
> Jill

Though left handed, I do a lot of things right handed. I learned by
watching others and copied what the did. Wife and I are both left so
that makes some things easier.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:01:59 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
>>they
>>started making the cups like this again but me likey!

> LOL, the correct side. I know what you mean though, although for me I
> want metric on the 'correct' side.

I guess it's only correct for right handers living here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:09:22 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/13/2016 8:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Not for us lefties.

> > Oy! I remember the table seating order as a child, one of my brothers
> > was a leftie. At school they even tried to force him to write with his
> > right hand. What a ridiculous idea. Not the table seating, so much.
> > Stop poking me with your elbow, use your other hand... nope just swap
> > seats.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure my brother can read a measuring cup no matter which side
> > it is printed on.
> >
> > Jill

> Though left handed, I do a lot of things right handed. I learned by
> watching others and copied what the did.

Me, too. I bat, knit, and use scissors righty. I'm pretty
ambidextrous, which is useful when using tools or when my
left gets tired. The thing that devils me lately is that
dishers are pretty much righty-only, and I manage to do
some wild things with one. When we get a watermelon, we use
a (looks like about a quarter-cup) disher to portion it out
into containers. Sure, it's not as good as freshly cut
watermelon, but we can "grab and git" on our way to work
in the morning.

I naturally gravitate to the left-hand seat at a long table,
just to avoid troubling my neighbor.

> Wife and I are both left so
> that makes some things easier.

DH is rightie, so we have a little trouble in the kitchen. Sometimes
he jokes when I put the kettle on the stove for him that, "You used
the left-handed kettle!"

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 05:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:09:22 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > Oy! I remember the table seating order as a child, one of my brothers
>> > was a leftie. At school they even tried to force him to write with his
>> > right hand. What a ridiculous idea. Not the table seating, so much.
>> > Stop poking me with your elbow, use your other hand... nope just swap
>> > seats.
>> >
>> > I'm pretty sure my brother can read a measuring cup no matter which side
>> > it is printed on.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Though left handed, I do a lot of things right handed. I learned by
>> watching others and copied what the did.

>Me, too. I bat, knit, and use scissors righty. I'm pretty
>ambidextrous, which is useful when using tools or when my
>left gets tired. The thing that devils me lately is that
>dishers are pretty much righty-only, and I manage to do
>some wild things with one. When we get a watermelon, we use
>a (looks like about a quarter-cup) disher to portion it out
>into containers. Sure, it's not as good as freshly cut
>watermelon, but we can "grab and git" on our way to work
>in the morning.
>
>I naturally gravitate to the left-hand seat at a long table,
>just to avoid troubling my neighbor.
>
>> Wife and I are both left so
>> that makes some things easier.

>DH is rightie, so we have a little trouble in the kitchen. Sometimes
>he jokes when I put the kettle on the stove for him that, "You used
>the left-handed kettle!"
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Lol David was ambi and we hit that one too

I watched a PBS programme a couple of weeks ago 'The 9 Months that
made You' and they pointed out there is a stage (before birth) where
it is clear whether this foetus will be right or left. They have
decided that since it had uses, for instance in hand combat, that's
why it didn't get evolved out. Since clear left handed prints on
caves are apparent, they reckon the same proportion of the population
has always been left handed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-07-14 8:50 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> Though left handed, I do a lot of things right handed. I learned by
>> watching others and copied what the did.

> Me, too. I bat, knit, and use scissors righty. I'm pretty
> ambidextrous, which is useful when using tools or when my
> left gets tired. The thing that devils me lately is that
> dishers are pretty much righty-only, and I manage to do
> some wild things with one. When we get a watermelon, we use
> a (looks like about a quarter-cup) disher to portion it out
> into containers. Sure, it's not as good as freshly cut
> watermelon, but we can "grab and git" on our way to work
> in the morning.
>
> I naturally gravitate to the left-hand seat at a long table,
> just to avoid troubling my neighbor.
>
>> Wife and I are both left so
>> that makes some things easier.

> DH is rightie, so we have a little trouble in the kitchen. Sometimes
> he jokes when I put the kettle on the stove for him that, "You used
> the left-handed kettle!"

I am ambidextrous to some degree. I paddle a canoe left handed, much to
the relief of right handed canoeing partners. I can swing a baseball bat
or an axe equally left or right handed. I can write left handed, though
not as quickly. I can do most kitchen chores left or right handed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/14/2016 7:04 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 05:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> Though left handed, I do a lot of things right handed. I learned by
>>> watching others and copied what the did.

>> Me, too. I bat, knit, and use scissors righty. I'm pretty
>> ambidextrous, which is useful when using tools or when my
>> left gets tired. The thing that devils me lately is that
>> dishers are pretty much righty-only, and I manage to do
>> some wild things with one. When we get a watermelon, we use
>> a (looks like about a quarter-cup) disher to portion it out
>> into containers. Sure, it's not as good as freshly cut
>> watermelon, but we can "grab and git" on our way to work
>> in the morning.
>>
>> I naturally gravitate to the left-hand seat at a long table,
>> just to avoid troubling my neighbor.
>>
>>> Wife and I are both left so
>>> that makes some things easier.

>> DH is rightie, so we have a little trouble in the kitchen. Sometimes
>> he jokes when I put the kettle on the stove for him that, "You used
>> the left-handed kettle!"
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Lol David was ambi and we hit that one too
>
> I watched a PBS programme a couple of weeks ago 'The 9 Months that
> made You' and they pointed out there is a stage (before birth) where
> it is clear whether this foetus will be right or left. They have
> decided that since it had uses, for instance in hand combat, that's
> why it didn't get evolved out. Since clear left handed prints on
> caves are apparent, they reckon the same proportion of the population
> has always been left handed.

How sinister!
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

Default JULIE SEZ HER "New cups marked correctly."

On 7/13/2016 3:01 PM, Julie BovINE wrote:
> Got the last of my new measuring cups today. For future reference, not
> all things ordered from Jet come in a day or two. Apparently other
> vendors ship through them and they can take longer. Anyway...
>
> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

Julie, I just wanna say how happy I am for you..... And now, girl, letz
get cookin'!

Posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2016 7:13 AM, Mr. Smartypants DoW #4, Supreme ****head wrote:
> On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 8:02:53 AM UTC-6, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
>> On 7/13/2016 3:01 PM, Julie BovINE wrote:
>>> Got the last of my new measuring cups today. For future reference, not
>>> all things ordered from Jet come in a day or two. Apparently other
>>> vendors ship through them and they can take longer. Anyway...
>>>
>>> All cups have the ounces marked on the correct side. Yay! Not sure when
>>> they started making the cups like this again but me likey!

>> Julie, I just wanna say how happy I am for you..... And now, girl, letz
>> get cookin'!

> The way that girl snarfles down the grub she needs measuring cups marked in GALLONS.

OH! LOL!!