Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MY CREDIT SCORE IS 800

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:57:22 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:45:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>
> > On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 12:38:57 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > >
> > > Excuse me now, I have to go PAY OFF my Discover balance this month, again IN FULL!! I get the Cashback Bonus for FREE too!! Free money! :-)
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> > >

> > Mine are paid off in full each month, too, and I get
> > cash back as well.

> Pretty cool being a deadbeat, eh? :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

It sure is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PJohn Kuthe > wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:05:13 PM UTC-5, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

>>> You momma gimme good head, little feller.
>>> LOL
>>>

>> The dividing line falls at 799. Anything above is "exemplary" credit.
>> That's me and not U.
>> LOL

> And WHAT precisely does an "exemplary" credit rating get you? Besides
> specious bragging rights?
>
> John Kuthe...

Jobs, for one. Also housing (both mortgaged and rented) and better auto
insurance rates.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 10:59:14 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> On 13/06/2016 9:52 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> >
> > It is 825.

> I have absolutely no idea what that means! Just as "batting a 1000" is
> alien:-)
> Graham

If you checked your credit rating you'd know that is
excellent. It also means he can get credit if he wants
to buy something on time in a flash. The lower your credit
score is the harder to get credit and good interest rates.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:02:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> You wouldn't have much credit history then but it likely wouldn't be bad.

If someone doesn't have much credit history then it is
hard for them to get credit. If nothing shows up on a
credit report they assume you are not credit worthy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2016 2:13 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
> PJohn Kuthe > wrote:

>> And WHAT precisely does an "exemplary" credit rating get you? Besides
>> specious bragging rights?

> Jobs, for one. Also housing (both mortgaged and rented) and better auto
> insurance rates.

I just had a chat with my new college graduate niece, told her she
has to pull her credit report to make sure it's in good shape
before she goes job hunting, because they will check.

I put her on one of my credit cards, so her score should be
okay in that regard.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 4:03:42 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> I don't know what my rating is and I have never known! Does that make me a
> braggart too?

No, it just makes you stupid as usual.

If you've never worked outside the home at a job then
you probably don't have beans for credit. Any credit
worthiness you may have is determined by your husband
working.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.war.vietnam,alt.usenet.kooks

Default BOUT MY CREDIT SCORE, WHICH IS 800

On 6/14/2016 11:27 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/14/2016 2:13 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
>> PJohn Kuthe > wrote:

>>> And WHAT precisely does an "exemplary" credit rating get you? Besides
>>> specious bragging rights?

The best revenge is living well, I always say. Which is exactly wot I do.
But to answer yer question, dearheart, it really just means that I'm
better than you.

Any more questions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.war.vietnam,alt.usenet.kooks

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:04:39 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
> wrote:

> On 6/14/2016 11:27 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> The best revenge is living well, I always say. Which is exactly wot I
> do.
> But to answer yer question, dearheart, it really just means that I'm
> better than you.
>
> Any more questions?

yeah, i have a question...

good luck buying shit you couldn't have afforded otherwise.

LOL

--
ga·ble
'gab?l/

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/phot...213138,00.html
Gable
Gabled roofs are the kind young children typically draw. They have two
sloping sides that come together at a ridge, creating end walls with a
*triangular extension*, called a gable, at the top. The house shown here
has two gable roofs and two dormers, each with gable roofs of their own.
The slant, or pitch, of the gables varies, an inconsistency that many
builders try to avoid.

LOL

-

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

Oohoohooh oooh

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

Unlucky in love, least that's what they say
He lost his head and he gabled his heart away
He still keeps posting though there's nothing left
Staked his heart and lost, now he has to pay the cost

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on cryin'

"Fag. LOL", he smiles and says
Though this RMS is driving him crazy
He don't show what goes on in his head
But if you watch very close you'll see it all

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on cryin'

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Now tell me have you heard about the lotusLoser

-

LOL

well i guess if we went to:

http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/color-summarizer/

and gave it the URL to the image THAT YOU POSTED IN POST:

<http://i.imgur.com/gchDiBs.png>

I took that on my way to eat lunch. I tried to make an index card with
backward writing so the SPANKY-SPANKY! reflection would show up with
frontward writing, but apparently I can't write backward legibly, so
you gets what you gets."

it would say "definitely not green", right???

http://i.imgur.com/1CkNIDC.png

D'OH!!!!

*SPNAKITY-SPNAKITY*

-

"People didn't cause the Great Depression, Liberal ko0kTarD. Governmental
policy did." - Fakey in MID <7880b90ad2ecebe35ba01b4557597d80%40dizum.com>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes...eat_Depression
"The initial stock market crash triggered a "panic sell-off" that made the
stock market go even lower."

so... so the "government" panicked, snickers?

funny that a bona-fide conservative horatio alger hero type would want the
government stepping in to save the stock market.

"Current theories may be broadly classified into two main points of view
and several heterodox points of view.

First, there are demand-driven theories, from Keynesian and institutional
economists who argue that the depression was caused by a widespread loss
of confidence that led to underconsumption. The demand-driven theories
argue that the financial crisis following the 1929 crash led to a sudden
and persistent reduction in consumption and investment spending.[1] Once
panic and deflation set in, many people believed they could avoid further
losses by keeping clear of the markets. Holding money therefore became
profitable as prices dropped lower and a given amount of money bought ever
more goods, exacerbating the drop in demand.

Second, there are the monetarists, who believe that the Great Depression
started as an ordinary recession, but that significant policy mistakes by
monetary authorities (especially the Federal Reserve), caused a shrinking
of the money supply which greatly exacerbated the economic situation,
causing a recession to descend into the Great Depression. Related to this
explanation are those who point to debt deflation causing those who borrow
to owe ever more in real terms."

wait? what? no major "third" konservative k0okTheory blaming the
government for everything mentioned?

odd, that. eh, lotusLoser?

-

the never-ending saga of fakey's "lotus"...
https://web.archive.org/web/20160408...om/e3OrQSq.png

-

"sines, sines, everywhere there's sines
blocking up the snickerTurds, breaking his mind"
http://i.imgur.com/Z4p1Z55.png

-

FNVWe attempts to rewrite physics texts in Message-ID:

">>let's not forget that mine also had the correct applied mathematics
>> equations unlike fakey the supposed know-it-all:
>> phase A: 120*sin(2*pi*60*x)
>> phase B: 120*sin(2*pi*60*x+pi)
>> voltage difference between phase A and phase B at any point x in time:
>> 120*sin(2*pi*60*x) - 120*sin(2*pi*60*x+pi) = 240*sin(2*pi*60*x)

Wrong, as has already been proven. What does it say below, you fecking
*moron*?

"The _sum_ E(θ) ⡠E(a) + E(b) can be written thusly:""

it says that you don't even know how to correctly apply mathematics to
real-world AC electricity, snickerTurds. it says that you're in denial
about the inversion of your AC legs.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/text...power-systems/
http://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/images/02170.png
"To mathematically calculate voltage between hot wires, we must subtract
voltages, because their polarity marks show them to be opposed to each
other:"
http://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/images/12112.png

http://www.samlexamerica.com/support...Circuit s.pdf

on page 2:

** NOTE: The phase of Hot Leg 2 (Phase B) is in the
opposite direction - i.e., 180° apart from the phase
of Hot Leg L1 (Phase A)

*COUGH*
SPNAK!!

-

i know a guy on the internet who will draw a triangular sine wave in ASCII
art if you ask nicely.</GROUCHO MARX>
see: Message-ID: >

-

snickerTurds can't seem to refute the following:

- begin snickerSinewaveStew.cpp --
/*
HOW TO RUN: download arbitrary precision libraries from:

http://www.hvks.com/Numerical/arbitrary_precision.html

place those files in a directory and save this file as
snickerSinewaveStew.cpp inside that same directory.

compiles with:

gcc -Wall -I. precisioncore.cpp snickerSinewaveStew.cpp -lstdc++

run with:

../a.out

enjoy the LULZ

*/
#include <fprecision.h>
#include <iostream.h>

using namespace std;

int main(){

//float_precision MIN=float_precision(0);
//float_precision MAX=float_precision(0);

float_precision STEP=float_precision(.0001);
float_precision t=float_precision(0); // time variable
float_precision sum=float_precision(0); // sum of SnickerTurd's
ridiculous sinewave mess
float_precision snickerPrediction=float_precision(2550.25); //
snickerTurd's erroneous k0oK-k'lame Sum
float_precision PI;
PI =_float_table(_PI,25);

// this while loop will run forever, but snickers doesn't understand why
while(sum < snickerPrediction){

// fakey's Sinewave Stew(TM) see: MID:

sum = (float_precision(150) * float_precision(
sin(float_precision(120)*float_precision(2)*PI*t)) ) +
(float_precision(20.25) * float_precision(
sin(float_precision(33)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) +
(float_precision(1400)* float_precision(
sin(float_precision(150)*float_precision(2)*PI*t)) ) +(float_precision(20)*
float_precision(sin(float_precision(5013)*float_pr ecision(2)*PI*t))) +
(float_precision(600)*float_precision(sin(float_pr ecision(13)*float_precision(2)*PI*t)))
+
(float_precision(360)*float_precision(sin(float_pr ecision(1209)*float_precision(2)*PI*t)));

// perhaps show a few values larger than +2300 to educate teh
snickerTurds
if(sum>float_precision(2300)){
cout << "t=" << t << " sum=" << sum << std::endl;
}
t = t+STEP;
}
/*

"Oh, yeah... it's 2550.25 volts... so why does your graph not even
reach 2500 volts, given that eventually all the sinewaves will
constructively interfere (ie: *add* to each other) to *sum* to 2550.25
volts?"

Fakey, it doesn't reach 2500 volts because the summation of your sinewaves
never reaches that. They never reach their max values at the same time.
That's how stupid you are.

"I most certainly *did* prove otherwise. It can't even arrive at the
correct sinewave summation voltage of 2550.25 volts"

Fakey, you only *proved* that you are too inept to graph the equations and
notice a few things about the interactions of their frequencies when
summed.

the next line of code is never executed, but snickers DEFINITELY can't
figure out why it isn't and instead has a bunch of lame excuses while
still having not produced a value for t where the sum=2550.25, as he has
k0okily proklamed in many usenet messages that are archived FOREVER.

*/
cout << "snickerTurds was right! the sum is " << sum << " at time t=" <<
t <<endl;
}
- end snickerSinewaveStew.cpp --

-

Fakey irrationally demands a theme song to foam to:
"all I really want your pathetic pwned ass to do is write me a classic
rock song as tribute to your Usenet Lord and Master..."

-

Somewhere Abouts Round Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:25:03 -0500, Friendly
Neighborhood Vote Wrangler Emeritus > wrote:

<snicker>

Fag. LOL
Idiot. LOL
Moron. LOL
Tranny. LOL
Libtard. LOL
Crackhead. LOL
GableTard. LOL
DildoRider. LOL
Bad Musician. LOL
Stick Figure. LOL
Terrible Liar. LOL
Sinewave Spammer. LOL
Outerfilthing Stalker. LOL
Talentless FrothMonkey. LOL
Math Challenged Halfwit. LOL
Klimate Katastrophe Kook. LOL
Defeated Tearful Spankard. LOL
Waster Of Time To Save $10. LOL
Worst Maker Of Sinewaves In The History Of Usenet. LOL

<the band strikes up a rousing version of "on top of old smokey">

on top of old snick-ers, all covered with Fag. LOL
is where my usenet lord and mas-ter
can go straight to hell*

*hell doesn't exist. hope everybody is having a productive evening.

-

http://i.imgur.com/2tH6zVB.jpg

http://cafepress.com/kooktown

http://i.imgur.com/pnWqhSG.jpg

-

If my poasts are offensive to you, you can always block all From: headers
containing ", unless you are an idiot who would like to
yammer about "morphing" and maybe try to lodge some frivolous complaints
to my news provider, then please be sure to ignore this helpful
information and have fun making an ass of yourself in public.

if that route of silencing those horrid opinions of mine that you
downloaded to your computer under duress doesn't work you can always try:
http://i.imgur.com/jlsN9JX.png?2

-

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop
The Gish Gallop is often used as an indirect argument from authority as
it appears to paint the galloper as an expert in a broad range of subjects
or with an extensive knowledge of an individual one. Simultaneously it
presents opponents (in spoken debates) or refuters (in written,
Internet-based ones) as incompetent bumblers who didn't do their homework
before the debate. Such emphasis on style over substance is the reason
many scientists disdain public debates as a forum for disseminating
opinions. - Page #1 from the Gospel of SnickerTurd

-

Coming soon! To a newsgroup near you!:

$ perl fakeyBot.pl
FakeyBot> I'm FakeyBot. What's your name so I can Google-stalk you,
look you up on Radaris, and hurl invective and probably-illegal harrassing
bile from behind an anonymous dizum account? <snicker>
You> Robert Michael Wolfe
FakeyBot> Oh look, you're back again to polish my size 16 steel-toed
boot with your colon and listen to me talk about bestiality and cocks,
Robert. <snicker>
Robert> you talk about cocks a lot.
FakeyBot> Oh, I talk about sex a lot?
Robert> *** sex, mostly...
FakeyBot> Fag!

(just as useful as the original!)

-

snickers the wonderturd describes how he alerted lots of his kiddie pr0n
friends to the ensuing FBI sting in message
>:
"That's easy enough to do... how do you think my crew uncovered the
largest CP ring using Tor and I2P, which we promptly turned over to
the FBI? I discovered a way to uncover the IP addresses the I2P users were
using, and a way of tracking Eepsites back to their IP addresses, then we
figured out that we could DDOS a Tor IP address and modify Tor headers
while checking whether a Tor hidden service was still up, then using
process of elimination to pinpoint the IP address hosting that hidden
service. It's not rocket science.

_The I2P community got all up in arms when I discussed on their forum how
I was doing it, and that it'd be a good way of cleaning up I2P so it can
get on with being a platform to research anonymous communication... my
distinct impression was that the "anonymity
research platform" story was just a cover story to allow pervs to
trade CP._ (NOTE: admits to participating in what he "suspected" was a
kiddie pr0n network.)

That Silk Road 2.0 was taken offline in the ensuing FBI Operation
Onymous was just icing on the cake."

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
Putting the Awards Out of Order to Screw With the OCD ****heads, March 2016

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.war.vietnam,alt.usenet.kooks

On 6/14/2016 1:05 PM, "Fakey's" dogwhistle holder living at 5907 Stanton
Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (aka Teh Mop Jockey), socked up as 5907 Stanton
Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206-2117 wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:04:39 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
> > wrote:

>> The best revenge is living well, I always say. Which is exactly wot I
>> do.
>> But to answer yer question, dearheart, it really just means that I'm
>> better than you.
>>
>> Any more questions?
>>

> yeah, i have a question...
>
> good luck buying shit you couldn't have afforded otherwise.
>
> LOL

Maybe in yer case, but not for this old soldier. If you are old enough
to remember 5% passbook bank accounts (and yer probably not), credit
cards were a handy tool for saving a few bucks here and again. How?
Why I thought you'd never ask, lol.

Allow me to explain: Back then a smart feller would keep the money
earning interest while he got a free 30-day loan from using a credit
card. In the meanwhile his money in the bank was earning a cool 5%. As
long as that smart feller paid off his balance in full each month, he
was essentially getting a free loan from the credit company.

Yep, we old farts know a thing or three when it comes to money, son.
Any questions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.war.vietnam,alt.usenet.kooks

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:15:17 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
> wrote:

> On 6/14/2016 1:05 PM, "Fakey's" dogwhistle holder living at 5907 Stanton
> Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (aka Teh Mop Jockey), socked up as 5907 Stanton
> Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206-2117 wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:04:39 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
>> > wrote:

>>> The best revenge is living well, I always say. Which is exactly wot I
>>> do.
>>> But to answer yer question, dearheart, it really just means that I'm
>>> better than you.
>>>
>>> Any more questions?
>>>

>> yeah, i have a question...
>>
>> good luck buying shit you couldn't have afforded otherwise.
>>
>> LOL
>>

> Maybe in yer case, but not for this old soldier. If you are old enough
> to remember 5% passbook bank accounts (and yer probably not), credit
> cards were a handy tool for saving a few bucks here and again. How? Why
> I thought you'd never ask, lol.
>
> Allow me to explain: Back then a smart feller would keep the money
> earning interest while he got a free 30-day loan from using a credit
> card. In the meanwhile his money in the bank was earning a cool 5%. As
> long as that smart feller paid off his balance in full each month, he
> was essentially getting a free loan from the credit company.
>
> Yep, we old farts know a thing or three when it comes to money, son.
> Any questions?

*PLONK*
--
> [...]

using, and a way of tracking Eepsites back to their IP addresses, then we
figured out that we could DDOS a Tor IP address and modify Tor headers
while checking whether a Tor hidden service was still up, then using
process of elimination to pinpoint the IP address hosting that hidden
service. It's not rocket science.

_The I2P community got all up in arms when I discussed on their forum how
I was doing it, and that it'd be a good way of cleaning up I2P so it can
get on with being a platform to research anonymous communication... my
distinct impression was that the "anonymity
research platform" story was just a cover story to allow pervs to
trade CP._ (NOTE: admits to participating in what he "suspected" was a
kiddie pr0n network.)

That Silk Road 2.0 was taken offline in the ensuing FBI Operation

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.war.vietnam,alt.usenet.kooks

On 6/14/2016 1:19 PM, "Fakey's" dogwhistle holder living at 5907 Stanton
Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (aka Teh Mop Jockey), socked up as 5907 Stanton
Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206-2117 wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:15:17 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/14/2016 1:05 PM, "Fakey's" dogwhistle holder living at 5907
>> Stanton Ave., Pittsburgh, PA (aka Teh Mop Jockey), socked up as 5907
>> Stanton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206-2117 wrote:
>>> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:04:39 -0400, Colonel Edmund J. Burke

>>> yeah, i have a question...
>>>
>>> good luck buying shit you couldn't have afforded otherwise.
>>>
>>> LOL
>>>

>> Maybe in yer case, but not for this old soldier. If you are old
>> enough to remember 5% passbook bank accounts (and yer probably not),
>> credit cards were a handy tool for saving a few bucks here and again.
>> How? Why I thought you'd never ask, lol.
>>
>> Allow me to explain: Back then a smart feller would keep the money
>> earning interest while he got a free 30-day loan from using a credit
>> card. In the meanwhile his money in the bank was earning a cool 5%.
>> As long as that smart feller paid off his balance in full each month,
>> he was essentially getting a free loan from the credit company.
>>
>> Yep, we old farts know a thing or three when it comes to money, son.
>> Any questions?
>>

> *PLONK*

LOL! ;-)
I WIN!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:02:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> You wouldn't have much credit history then but it likely wouldn't be bad.
>>

> If someone doesn't have much credit history then it is
> hard for them to get credit. If nothing shows up on a
> credit report they assume you are not credit worthy.

I would assume that the people here at least have a checking or savings
account.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:01:36 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what my rating is and I have never known! Does that make me
>> braggart too?

> Do you live and die by your credit rating the way Americans do? We're
> basically a credit card culture.

We are? I do have one for emergencies but other than that, it is never used.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2016 6:19 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>> What you say is true, but Americans are a credit card culture. Maybe
>> Europeans deal more in cash, they certainly use debit cards more than
>> we do.

> I don't believe that is true. My inlaws never had a credit card and paid
> cash for everything. I have a Visa card but I only use it for
> emergencies or hotels, since hotels don't want to deal with you otherwise.

Your in-laws are part of the 29% then, far from the majority

Among the other 2014 findings:

33 percent had one to two cards.
18 percent had three to four cards.
9 percent had five to six cards.
7 percent had seven or more cards.2

Read mo
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...#ixzz4Baz8UzBU

Follow us: @CreditCardsCom on Twitter | CreditCards.com on Facebook
Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com

Average credit card debt per U.S. adult, excluding zero-balance cards
and store cards: $5,232.43
Average debt per credit card that usually carries a balance: $7,494.44
Average debt per credit card that doesn't usually carry a balance: $1,128.44
Average number of cards held by cardholders, bank cards: 2.24.52
Average number of cards held by cardholders, store cards: 1.55.52
Average APR charged on credit cards: 12.10 percent as of Q3 2015 9
Average APR on credit cards that carry a balance: 13.93 as of Q3 2015.9

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 1:11:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 9:57:22 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> > Pretty cool being a deadbeat, eh? :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> It sure is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to load up my Discover card for A/C work ion Baby II my 2006 Grand Caravan!

S'OK, I'm working four 8 hour evenings now, until further notice! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:19:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I don't believe that is true. My inlaws never had a credit card and paid
>cash for everything.

A debit card is not a credit card. I have a VISA debit card, from
which I can only spend as much as my account balance allows. I'd be
surprised if at least some of your inlaws didn't use one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-06-14, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> you never know what the future holds.

Sure, you do.

You cannot get a credit rating w/o a CC. Debit cards WILL extend
credit. Those little Visa/MC logos are not on there fer naught.

I've been told by my financial institution I need to get another CC to
improve my credit. Apparently the avg American debt is not enough.

I tried to get a CC from some online music store. They'll accept my
regular CC, but not issue me a new one. I didn't tell 'em I'm now
propertied.

All financial institutions want to get rid of cash. Moving it is a
logistical nightmare and costs lots of man-pwr/hrs, which banks are
loathe to pay for. I've already seen a customer pay fer something by
swiping his cellphone across a reader. A cashless society will arrive a
whole lot sooner than a paperless one.

CO may have legal cannabis, but getting the cash (ONLY!) to buy it is
a real PIA. I gotta go to two stores and cash two checks jes to get
$45 in the form of evil lucre!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 3:34:33 PM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> >> No, it just makes you stupid as usual.
> >>
> >> If you've never worked outside the home at a job then
> >> you probably don't have beans for credit. Any credit
> >> worthiness you may have is determined by your husband
> >> working.

> Don't you just love the way her ladyship decides I am stupid... 'as
> usual'??? I stopped reading her crap ages ago! I got fed up with her
> pretensions of reading classics rather than discussing food!!!
>
> Just for her information, I returned to work as soon as my children were old
> enough and continued until I retired. I worked for many, many years and have
> several *very* good pensions)
>
> She is typical of the self-important know it all bitches that infest this
> group.
> She looks down on others without even knowing anything about them She is
> a typical halfwit! Oh look, is that egg I see on her face ...

You're the one who jumped in with your silly ass question.
Supposedly you have me kill filed but you always seem to
jump in the conversations AFTER I've posted, to show us
what a high stepping bitch you are.

You're the only one I look down on and you're not worth
me ****ing on you if you were on fire.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 4:10:56 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:

> For the nasty one obviously doesn't pay attention, Ophelia worked for
> many years at a job that required a specialized education and an
> advanced degree just to be considered.
>
> sf

All I've heard her say is she doesn't cook unless it's
from scratch, her husband doesn't like to go out to eat,
he'd rather eat her cooking (translates to he doesn't
want to get off his butt and go out) he doesn't like
spicy food, blah, blah, blah.

I've never seen her post about a job outside the home
and maybe that's because I find her as dull as dish
water and her posts are about as interesting as she.
But I give her credit, she lurks exceedingly well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2016 3:41 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> For some reason, it is better to have some debt to get a credit rating.
> They want to be able to know that you had some debt and paid it off,
> and that, is better than never having owed.

Very true. In the 1980's my mother decided to get a store credit card
precisely for that reason. She had never worked outside the home since
her marriage. But she suddenly realized if anything were to happen to
her husband she'd be up the proverbial creek. So she got a card, bought
a few things, paid it off, thus establishing at least some credit. She
used the card intermittently but enough to establish payment history.

This emphasis on "scores" seems to be fairly recent. A decade ago you
either paid your bills/debts off or at least on time or you got dinged
for them in late fees. If you had no or bad credit you wouldn't be
eligible for a card unless it had an exhorbitant interest rate.
Couldn't get a loan without a co-signer. But no one was tossing these
credit score numbers around like a football.

If you watch television at all you see tons of ads about credit scores.
These are geared towards people who want to buy, buy, buy. That score
doesn't mean they will (or can) actually pay, pay, pay.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2016 7:41 PM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 1:30:18 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:

>> Happened to my mother, no one would give her a card, and these
>> days there are things that are just plain easier with one. She's
>> the most credit worthy person and it didn't matter.

> Many years ago a cousin was excellent in paying his
> bills, never late on anything but no credit card and
> really no credit history as he paid cash for everything.

If a transaction is paid for in cash and no bank is there to
hear it, does it make a sound?

> He did go to buy something and finance it but he had no
> credit history and was denied the purchase. He was told to
> apply for a credit card, purchase something and pay it
> off to establish credit. He purchased 2 or 3 items
> and paid the credit card promptly and was able to
> establish a credit history.

I added my mother to my Visa card and within weeks she was
getting credit card offers. Guess I can take her off now.

> So yes, a good credit history is very important for
> just about everything these days and not just for a
> obtaining a credit card.

She isn't going to be job hunting at her age, but that's one
thing in life people will be smart to have a credit history,
from what I've read. Heck, my niece's boyfriend is entering the
police academy and he had to print out his credit report and
furnish his FICO score as a condition of his employment.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2016 8:34 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 6/13/2016 9:24 PM, pltrgyst wrote:
>
>> Mine is a bit lower than 800. When I look at the credit reports, I find
>> I get docked for:
>>
>> 1) Having too much in outstanding balances -- though I haven't carried
>> any balance on any card in over twenty years.
>>
>> 2) Having a largest credit limit on any card that is too small -- yet I
>> have a card with a credit limit of $33,000.
>>
>> Sometimes, these companies don't know what they're doing. Big surprise.

> Not that I care, but one reason listed why my score wasn't higher
> was that I didn't have a however many year credit history.
>
> Oh, sorry I didn't have credit cards when I was 10.
>
> The best reason to keep your score in the excellent range is
> to get lower insurance premiums, or lower interest rates if
> you do borrow money. Other than that, it's not that important
> to your life.
>
> These days you can get your actual FICO score from some
> credit cards, it's not the same thing as a credit score,
> and it's what lenders/etc really are checking.
>
> nancy

While still being in the working class, it is important to keep up your
credit rating/history because if you need to get clearance, one of the
things they check is your credit history. I don't know if that includes
a credit rating or just checking the 3 credit bureaus.

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 6:44:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:40:58 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> > For some reason, it is better to have some debt to get a credit rating.
> > They want to be able to know that you had some debt and paid it off,
> > and that, is better than never having owed.
> >

> Very, very true.

I desperately never wanna be in debt again! Evah!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> T...
>> In article >,
>> says...

>>> No, it just makes you stupid as usual.
>>>
>>> If you've never worked outside the home at a job then
>>> you probably don't have beans for credit. Any credit
>>> worthiness you may have is determined by your husband
>>> working.

>> Nonsense. I've worked all my life and I don't know what my credit rating
>> is nor do I care.
>>
>> You're wrong about who looks stupid.

> Don't you just love the way her ladyship decides I am stupid... 'as
> usual'??? I stopped reading her crap ages ago! I got fed up with her
> pretensions of reading classics rather than discussing food!!!
>
> Just for her information, I returned to work as soon as my children were
> old
> enough and continued until I retired. I worked for many, many years and
> have
> several *very* good pensions)
>
> She is typical of the self-important know it all bitches that infest this
> group.
> She looks down on others without even knowing anything about them She
> is
> a typical halfwit! Oh look, is that egg I see on her face ...

I don't know why people/morons seem to assume that older women never worked
outside the home, Hell a lot of us worked outside the home as well as doing
*most* of the work at home after work. At least these days the husbands,
boyfriends etc., are helping out a whole lot as a rule with the house and
kids.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

>> Don't you just love the way her ladyship decides I am stupid... 'as
>> usual'??? I stopped reading her crap ages ago! I got fed up with her
>> pretensions of reading classics rather than discussing food!!!
>>
>> Just for her information, I returned to work as soon as my children were
>> old
>> enough and continued until I retired. I worked for many, many years and
>> have
>> several *very* good pensions)
>>
>> She is typical of the self-important know it all bitches that infest this
>> group.
>> She looks down on others without even knowing anything about them She
>> is
>> a typical halfwit! Oh look, is that egg I see on her face ...
>>

> You're the one who jumped in with your silly ass question.
> Supposedly you have me kill filed but you always seem to
> jump in the conversations AFTER I've posted, to show us
> what a high stepping bitch you are.
>
> You're the only one I look down on and you're not worth
> me ****ing on you if you were on fire.

Well, **** on you and I hope you rust then.

Cheri