Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Deviled eggs, that's whats for breakfast

Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.

https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 11:11:26 AM UTC-5, koko wrote:

> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>
> koko

I wish I had been there to help you scarf those down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>
> koko

Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "koko" > wrote in message
>>
>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>
>> koko

> Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:11:20 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>
>https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

Nice, you've inspired me to make some deviled ham on toast for
breakfast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2016 12:11 PM, koko wrote:

> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>
> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:56 -0400, nancy young
> wrote:

>On 5/19/2016 12:11 PM, koko wrote:
>>
>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

>Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.
>
>nancy

Koko I just did the chicken livers for supper - excellent, the sherry
is a marvellous addition, thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:47:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

Ophelia,
Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
top.

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> >
> >"koko" > wrote in message

> > > Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
> > > slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
> > >
> > > https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
> > >
> > > koko

> > Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

> I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

Hi Ophelia, most 'deviled eggs' are pretty mild meaning they aren't a
hot spicy. The coloring that is red, is normally from Paprika which is
just about as hot as a pimiento that you see stuffed in an olive.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "koko" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>>
>>> koko

>> Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

>I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

If you want to, you can make them spicy it all depends on what you add
to the egg yolks.

Here's the basic way to make deviled eggs
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/c...gs-recipe.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/n29foa7

koko

James Beard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:19:51 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 11:11:26 AM UTC-5, koko wrote:
>>
>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>
>> koko
>>

>I wish I had been there to help you scarf those down.

You would be more than welcome.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:29:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>
>> koko

>Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.
>
>Cheri

They're not just for picnics anymore ;-)

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 May 2016 05:28:04 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:11:20 -0700, koko > wrote:
>
>>Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>>https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

>Nice, you've inspired me to make some deviled ham on toast for
>breakfast.

Sounds wonderful.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:56 -0400, nancy young
> wrote:

>On 5/19/2016 12:11 PM, koko wrote:
>>
>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>
>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

>Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.
>
>nancy

Come on, I'll even do the dishes. ;-)

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:59:21 -0300, wrote:

>On Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:56 -0400, nancy young
> wrote:
>
>>On 5/19/2016 12:11 PM, koko wrote:
>>>
>>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.

https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

>>Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.
>>
>>nancy

>Koko I just did the chicken livers for supper - excellent, the sherry
>is a marvellous addition, thanks.

Thank you, I'm so glad you made them and enjoyed them.

koko

James Beard

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2016 6:50 PM, koko wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:56 -0400, nancy young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 5/19/2016 12:11 PM, koko wrote:
>>>
>>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H

>> Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.

> Come on, I'll even do the dishes. ;-)

Ha, if you cook, I load the dishwasher ... I mean, wash the dishes.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 May 2016 22:19:42 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 5/19/2016 6:50 PM, koko wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 May 2016 15:51:56 -0400, nancy young
>> > wrote:

>>> Gorgeous! Wish I had breakfast at your house.

>> Come on, I'll even do the dishes. ;-)

>Ha, if you cook, I load the dishwasher ... I mean, wash the dishes.
>
>nancy

:-)

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>> "koko" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>>
>>> koko

>> Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

> I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

Nah, not spicy. I am not big on spicy. Just hard boiled eggs, slice
lengthwise, remove yolk, add whatever you like to the yolks and mash
together, I like mustard, mayo, dill, salt and pepper, return to the the egg
white, chill and eat.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:29:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>>"koko" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.
>>>
>>> https://flic.kr/p/HiX45H
>>>
>>> koko

>>Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.
>>
>>Cheri

> They're not just for picnics anymore ;-)
>
> koko

I made some that had bacon, tomato, and shredded lettuce in them. They were
good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

>> I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

> Nah, not spicy. I am not big on spicy. Just hard boiled eggs, slice
> lengthwise, remove yolk, add whatever you like to the yolks and mash
> together, I like mustard, mayo, dill, salt and pepper, return to the the
> egg white, chill and eat.

Gosh that sounds lovely Thanks

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"William" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:47:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

> Ophelia,
> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
> top.

Thank you, that sounds really good.

I saw koko's eggs and they looked wonderful. I guess the 'devilled' bit had
me fooled)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

>> I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

> Hi Ophelia, most 'deviled eggs' are pretty mild meaning they aren't a
> hot spicy. The coloring that is red, is normally from Paprika which is
> just about as hot as a pimiento that you see stuffed in an olive.

Thank you.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:47:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.

>>I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

> If you want to, you can make them spicy it all depends on what you add
> to the egg yolks.

I see that now and no, I don't like anything spicy)

Yours looked lovely btw

> Here's the basic way to make deviled eggs
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/c...gs-recipe.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/n29foa7

Thank you.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "koko" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 19 May 2016 09:29:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Looks good, I often have deviled eggs for breakfast.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> They're not just for picnics anymore ;-)
>>
>> koko

> I made some that had bacon, tomato, and shredded lettuce in them. They
> were good.

Wow.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:47:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

> Ophelia,
> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
> top.
>
> William

You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 May 2016 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 19 May 2016 17:47:02 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't actually know what the are, but they sound spicy?

>> Ophelia,
>> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
>> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
>> top.
>>
>> William
>>

>You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
"stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
different from American Bacon?

William

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"William" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 May 2016 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:

>>> Ophelia,
>>> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
>>> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
>>> top.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>>You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>>Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
> different from American Bacon?

Ahh thanks very much, William! Yes, I know stuffed eggs What the hell
does it have to do with joandofnodfndofndddd????

Any chance for a dig eh? LOL pathetic)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

Default KOKO, THE THREE-HUNDRED POUND FEMALE GORILLA TALKS ABOUT "Deviledeggs, that's whats for breakfast"

On 5/19/2016 9:11 AM, koko wrote:
> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.

Koko, I wanna see some pics of you in a dental floss bikini!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2016 12:21 PM, William wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2016 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:

>>> Ophelia,
>>> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
>>> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
>>> top.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>> Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
> different from American Bacon?
>
> William

Yes, it is.

"Canadian" bacon is basically a lean pork loin cutlet, not a belly bacon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2016 12:28 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>>> Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

>> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
>> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
>> different from American Bacon?

> Ahh thanks very much, William! Yes, I know stuffed eggs What the
> hell does it have to do with joandofnodfndofndddd????
>
> Any chance for a dig eh? LOL pathetic)))

Boy I'll say!

And I have never heard the term "stuffed eggs", so there is a
terminology wall between us and you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Animas" > wrote in message ...

>>> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
>>> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
>>> different from American Bacon?

>> Ahh thanks very much, William! Yes, I know stuffed eggs What the
>> hell does it have to do with joandofnodfndofndddd????
>>
>> Any chance for a dig eh? LOL pathetic)))
>>

> Boy I'll say!
>
> And I have never heard the term "stuffed eggs", so there is a
> terminology wall between us and you.

lol we will manage

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks
% % is offline

Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
> On 5/19/2016 9:11 AM, koko wrote:
>> Breakfast this morning was deviled eggs with chimihurri sauce and
>> slices of prosciutto. mmmm Breakfast of champions.

> Koko, I wanna see some pics of you in a dental floss bikini!

just a slaver of a bikini
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2016 1:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Ahh thanks very much, William! Yes, I know stuffed eggs What the
>>> hell does it have to do with joandofnodfndofndddd????
>>>
>>> Any chance for a dig eh? LOL pathetic)))
>>>

>> Boy I'll say!
>>
>> And I have never heard the term "stuffed eggs", so there is a
>> terminology wall between us and you.

> lol we will manage

Long as we don't get going on spotted dick ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-05-20 2:21 PM, William wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2016 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-5, BigC300 wrote:

>>> Ophelia,
>>> Imagine a boiled egg, shell removed, chopped up with a fork and mixed
>>> with mayonaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Maybe a dash of paprika on
>>> top.
>>>
>>> William
>>>

>> You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>> Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
> different from American Bacon?

Canadian Bacon is all but unheard of here. I saw it once or twice in the
grocery store and bought it once. It is not at all like the brined pork
loin back bacon AKA pea meal that is very popular here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Animas" > wrote in message ...

>>> Boy I'll say!
>>>
>>> And I have never heard the term "stuffed eggs", so there is a
>>> terminology wall between us and you.

>> lol we will manage

> Long as we don't get going on spotted dick ;-)

Your choice ... <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2016 1:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2016-05-20 2:21 PM, William wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 May 2016 10:02:09 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> You can't make me believe they don't have deviled eggs in
>>> Scotland and this is first time she's ever heard about them.

>> well...a quick Google search reveals that deviled eggs are called
>> "stuffed eggs" in the United Kingdom. I wonder if Canadian Bacon is
>> different from American Bacon?

> Canadian Bacon is all but unheard of here. I saw it once or twice in the
> grocery store and bought it once. It is not at all like the brined pork
> loin back bacon AKA pea meal that is very popular here.

Um, partial credit:

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-d...ligence-166956

If you actually hail from Canada, may just think of this meat as bacon.
If you're from other parts of the world, you may know it as Irish bacon,
English bacon, or back bacon. No matter what you call it or where you're
from, I think we can all agree that thick slices of this bacon make a
mighty fine addition to breakfast, especially in eggs Benedict, perhaps
its most commonly use in the U.S.

But what's the difference between this good stuff and American bacon?

American Bacon: Pork Belly. Canadian Bacon: Pork Loin.
Canadian bacon is more like ham than the streaky cured and smoked strips
of bacon that most of us are used to. American bacon comes from the
fatty belly of the pig while Canadian bacon is typically cut from the loin.

As such, it's much leaner than belly bacon and comes in rounded slices
rather than strips.

https://www.quora.com/What-s-the-dif...-Bacon-and-ham

So where do Americans get this concept of "Canadian Bacon" from?

Anybody who's traveled to the UK has probably had the experience of
being served a "Full English" breakfast with a different sort of bacon
made from the whole pork loin and brine cured rather than smoked. They
sometimes call this Irish bacon even thought there's apparently nothing
especially uniquely Irish about it (in fact, then as now most pork sold
in the UK came from Denmark).

For a long time in English Canada most of the population were first or
2nd generation immigrants from the British Isles who brought with them
their preference for this style of bacon as a breakfast meat. Somewhere
along the line they started using only the eye of loin and the cut
acquired a crust of ground split peas. Canadians call this bacon "back
bacon" or "peameal bacon" in 50 years I've never heard a Canadian refer
to this product as "Canadian bacon".

However that is a cold trail, the path to what Americans call "Canadian
Bacon" is back in Britain. During the Victorian era Canada started
exporting pork to Britain, due to the shipping times before widespread
refrigeration it needed to be cured for shipping and smoking was
preferred for this purpose over brine curing, initially the primary
market was for smoked wiltshire sides but at some point (possibly during
WWI but maybe earlier) there was a generalized pork shortage in the UK
and they started to import any cuts they could get, this included
smoked loins, this was a combination that was unknown in the UK so they
had to give it a name and they started to call it "Canadian Bacon" to
distinguish it from unsmoked "Irish Bacon".

Restaurants and stores would put up signs that said "we have Canadian
Bacon" which to the Brits meant "unlike last week we now have some kind
of bacon". During WWI American soldiers in Britain saw these signs and
assumed that Canadian Bacon was being promoted as a a premium product
and they experienced and enjoyed the product and brought the idea back
to the US with them. The final step was industrial meat packers deciding
to pack the product into casings rather than leave it in the natural eye
of loin shape. Once the necessity to smoke the pork for shipping was
phased out in favour of refrigeration "Canadian Bacon" basically
disappeared from the UK.

So that's how we wound up with the US having a product called Canadian
bacon that has almost nothing to do with the bacon products Canadian
people eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2016 2:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> lol we will manage

>> Long as we don't get going on spotted dick ;-)

> Your choice ... <g>

I simply have to:

https://stuffem.wordpress.com/2007/1.../spotted-dick/

No Michael Jackson jokes, please...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Animas" > wrote in message ...

>>> Long as we don't get going on spotted dick ;-)

>> Your choice ... <g>
>>

> I simply have to:
>
> https://stuffem.wordpress.com/2007/1.../spotted-dick/
>
> No Michael Jackson jokes, please...

<g> have you ever tried one?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Breakfast Deviled Eggs koko General Cooking 9 10-08-2014 12:46 AM
deviled eggs? W. Baker Diabetic 1 13-10-2013 05:32 AM
Deviled eggs [email protected] General Cooking 19 10-04-2011 09:53 PM
deviled eggs Kelly Greene General Cooking 15 23-04-2009 12:30 AM
Deviled Eggs Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2006 07:16 AM