Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A pot to pea in . . . .

You load 16 quarts. . . .
http://i64.tinypic.com/v63oye.jpg
Red sky this Jack Frost morning. . . .
http://i67.tinypic.com/72ya81.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 23:54:57 -0500 (EST), Cheryl
> wrote:

>Brooklyn1 > Wrote in message:
>> You load 16 quarts. . . .
>> http://i64.tinypic.com/v63oye.jpg
>> Red sky this Jack Frost morning. . . .
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/72ya81.jpg
>>

>Is that the pot you posted a link to recently?
>My largest is 8 quarts mostly because that's
>the largest I can store. It looks nice.

That's a 16 quart Revere Ware pot I bought more
than thirty years ago at a Sears Surplus store.
It was only $20 so I couldn't pass it up. It's heavy
stainless steel with an encapsulated copper disk bottom.
The 16 quart Farberware pot is also very well made. I'm
sure if you wanted you could find a place for larger pots,
no rule says they have to be in the kitchen, and it's not
like you will use it every day... keep it at the bottom of
a clothes closet, can also hang it from a hook up high in
a closet. It was in the low 20ºs last night so I put that
pot of soup in my garage to cool. First thing this morning
I ladled it into containers for the freezer, ten 1 qt containers in
the freezer and two quarts in a small pot to heat for tonight.

>The red sky pic was very pretty.

Thanks, I have a collection of sky pictures, some cloud formations are
very interesting, especially during intense rain storms... often it's
raining in my yard but not on my house... I get some good photos
because the sun is shining here but fifty yards away there's a
horrific storm approaching, just have to be there at the right time,
usually there are only a few seconds to snap the picture before it's
darker than night time.