FoodBanter.com

-   -   Good News, Bad News (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/435165-good-news-bad-news.html)

Dave Smith[_1_] 19-10-2015 09:02 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 2015-10-19 9:10 AM, wrote:

>> I explained to you before. We now have fixed election dates. The vote
>> was going to be held today no matter when it was announced. It should
>> not be a surprise to anyone.
>>

> Sigh-

That's usually the first limply chosen comment when frustrated by one's
inability to convince someone of something silly.

>it was HIS decision to drop the writ so early leading to the
> longest election period since sometime in the early 1800s (I think it
> was then) Yes, I know we have fixed election dates but it would seem
> you are missing a few facts.

I am not missing any facts. Politicians start campaigning long before
an election is called. Anyone who reads or listens to the news and the
projects they were planning for the future.... meaning in a year or two
,... if they get elected... would have seen that they were gearing up
for an election.

The fixed date means that it was going to be Oct. 19 no matter what. No
one should be surprised. All the parties should have been ready for it.
My wife is a member of one of the other parties and they were holding
meetings and making plans way ahead of the election call. Granted, the
media have tried to make something of it and there is no doubt that they
would suck people into thinking it really mattered.

Questa 19-10-2015 09:24 PM

Good News, Bad News

graham wrote:
> On 19/10/2015 12:59 PM, Questa wrote:
>> graham wrote:

>>> They can't! Results are mentioned in quackmags as "Studies show
>>> that...." and any reference is always to another quackmag. And those
>>> quackmags rely on anecdotal information only.

>> That's a damnable LIE!
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-evidence.html
>>

> So you believe the crap published in what is effectively a supermarket
> tabloid.

So you deny it all without a single credible rebuttal or critique of the
studies cited?

Un-amazing indeed.

That whole 'shoot the messenger' thing is just so old....

[email protected] 19-10-2015 10:35 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:02:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2015-10-19 9:10 AM, wrote:
>
>>> I explained to you before. We now have fixed election dates. The vote
>>> was going to be held today no matter when it was announced. It should
>>> not be a surprise to anyone.
>>>

>> Sigh-

>That's usually the first limply chosen comment when frustrated by one's
>inability to convince someone of something silly.
>
>>it was HIS decision to drop the writ so early leading to the
>> longest election period since sometime in the early 1800s (I think it
>> was then) Yes, I know we have fixed election dates but it would seem
>> you are missing a few facts.

>I am not missing any facts. Politicians start campaigning long before
>an election is called. Anyone who reads or listens to the news and the
>projects they were planning for the future.... meaning in a year or two
>,... if they get elected... would have seen that they were gearing up
>for an election.
>
>The fixed date means that it was going to be Oct. 19 no matter what. No
>one should be surprised. All the parties should have been ready for it.
> My wife is a member of one of the other parties and they were holding
>meetings and making plans way ahead of the election call. Granted, the
>media have tried to make something of it and there is no doubt that they
>would suck people into thinking it really mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0V5ckcTSYu8

That's a link to something your wife will enjoy.

Roy[_2_] 20-10-2015 04:18 AM

Good News, Bad News

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 3:35:59 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:02:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> Sigh-

> >That's usually the first limply chosen comment when frustrated by one's
> >inability to convince someone of something silly.
> >
> >>it was HIS decision to drop the writ so early leading to the
> >> longest election period since sometime in the early 1800s (I think it
> >> was then) Yes, I know we have fixed election dates but it would seem
> >> you are missing a few facts.

> >I am not missing any facts. Politicians start campaigning long before
> >an election is called. Anyone who reads or listens to the news and the
> >projects they were planning for the future.... meaning in a year or two
> >,... if they get elected... would have seen that they were gearing up
> >for an election.
> >
> >The fixed date means that it was going to be Oct. 19 no matter what. No
> >one should be surprised. All the parties should have been ready for it.
> > My wife is a member of one of the other parties and they were holding
> >meetings and making plans way ahead of the election call. Granted, the
> >media have tried to make something of it and there is no doubt that they
> >would suck people into thinking it really mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0V5ckcTSYu8

> That's a link to something your wife will enjoy.

I played it a couple of times tonight...good video...thanks.
I see WE listened as Harper and his CONs were swept OUT...good show Canada.
===

Questa 20-10-2015 04:20 AM

Good News, Bad News

Roy wrote:
> I see WE listened as Harper and his CONs were swept OUT...good show Canada.
> ===

Destroy ourselves and WE will laugh!

Brilliant.

Roy[_2_] 20-10-2015 04:38 AM

Good News, Bad News

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:20:52 PM UTC-6, Questa wrote:
> Roy wrote:
> > I see WE listened as Harper and his CONs were swept OUT...good show Canada.
> > ===
> >

> Destroy ourselves and WE will laugh!
>
> Brilliant.

I couldn't abide Harper from the first time he became PM of Canada. He has been working at destroying it for the past ten years. Garbage out, thank Gawd.
===

Questa 20-10-2015 05:05 AM

Good News, Bad News

Roy wrote:
> On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:20:52 PM UTC-6, Questa wrote:
>> Roy wrote:
>>> I see WE listened as Harper and his CONs were swept OUT...good show Canada.
>>> ===
>>>

>> Destroy ourselves and WE will laugh!
>>
>> Brilliant.

> I couldn't abide Harper from the first time he became PM of Canada. He has been working at destroying it for the past ten years. Garbage out, thank Gawd.
> ===

You ALL profited from his wise fiscal discipline.

Now enjoy deficits to 2019 and beyond!!!!

Fools.

Cheryl[_3_] 23-10-2015 12:42 AM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/18/2015 3:48 PM, Je�us wrote:

> In Australia we have a 'do not call list', however, charities and
> polls are exempt.

I don't know about polls here being exempt, but politicians are and that
is ridiculous.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Cheryl[_3_] 23-10-2015 12:44 AM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/18/2015 5:44 PM, Je�us wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:32:25 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> A couple months ago I got a call from "the income tax department"
>> telling me I had been audited and owed them money and had to pay it
>> immediately.

> Heh. We get that one too. I've apparently been in trouble with the tax
> department twice so far... the last time, a message was left on my
> machine from a 'Scott Thompson' from the Australian Tax Office, who
> couldn't have sounded less anglo-saxon if he tried.

I've been getting that call often lately. I can see why some might be
gullible enough to fall for it, they do sound real. But I've already
been hearing about these calls so I ignore them.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

brooklyn1 23-10-2015 01:03 AM

Good News, Bad News

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:44:38 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 10/18/2015 5:44 PM, Je?us wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:32:25 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> A couple months ago I got a call from "the income tax department"
>>> telling me I had been audited and owed them money and had to pay it
>>> immediately.

>> Heh. We get that one too. I've apparently been in trouble with the tax
>> department twice so far... the last time, a message was left on my
>> machine from a 'Scott Thompson' from the Australian Tax Office, who
>> couldn't have sounded less anglo-saxon if he tried.
>>

>I've been getting that call often lately. I can see why some might be
>gullible enough to fall for it, they do sound real. But I've already
>been hearing about these calls so I ignore them.

The IRS NEVER calls, they send snail mail.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 05:09 AM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/14/2015 8:44 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>> is when that happens.

>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>
>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>> sell me!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>
> Cheri

What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
example of why groups should be moderated.

--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Cheri[_3_] 23-10-2015 06:36 AM

Good News, Bad News

"sf" > wrote in message
> On 10/14/2015 8:44 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>>
>>> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
>>> sell! I'm only there for what *I* want, not all the crap you want to
>>> sell me!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>
>> Cheri

> What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
> example of why groups should be moderated.

Anyone with half a brain (leaves you out) knows that these posts are NOT sf,
you human waste.

Cheri

Janet B 23-10-2015 04:45 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 20:03:38 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:44:38 -0400, Cheryl >
>wrote:
>
>>On 10/18/2015 5:44 PM, Je?us wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:32:25 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Heh. We get that one too. I've apparently been in trouble with the tax
>>> department twice so far... the last time, a message was left on my
>>> machine from a 'Scott Thompson' from the Australian Tax Office, who
>>> couldn't have sounded less anglo-saxon if he tried.
>>>

>>I've been getting that call often lately. I can see why some might be
>>gullible enough to fall for it, they do sound real. But I've already
>>been hearing about these calls so I ignore them.

>The IRS NEVER calls, they send snail mail.

I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
machine.
Janet US

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 05:30 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:09:31 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 05:43 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:45:25 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
> machine.

What's really funny is somehow my cell number was given out for people
to call, so I got to tell them it was a scam and not to fall for it.
Just doing my part to protect the gullible from themselves. :)

--

sf

Nancy Young[_8_] 23-10-2015 06:29 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 11:45 AM, Janet B wrote:

> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
> machine.

I think the IRS should look into the returns for the people who
were scammed. They sure think they must owe. Heh. Guilty conscience.

nancy

Janet B 23-10-2015 07:29 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:29:26 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 10/23/2015 11:45 AM, Janet B wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
>> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
>> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
>> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
>> machine.

>I think the IRS should look into the returns for the people who
>were scammed. They sure think they must owe. Heh. Guilty conscience.
>
>nancy

How many people are totally confident that they have done their taxes
correctly -- that they didn't miss something? And then having the
threat of the sheriff coming to your door with a warrant unless you
respond immediately, it strikes fear. The phone call is very, very
threatening.
Janet US

Villanueva 23-10-2015 07:40 PM

Good News, Bad News

Cheri wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message

>>> Have a couuple of shots of Makers Mark and relax.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> What on earth are you two nattering about now? This is the perfect
>> example of why groups should be moderated.

> Anyone with half a brain (leaves you out) knows that these posts are NOT
> sf, you human waste.
>
> Cheri

Sqwerty is off the tracks again, totally.

Villanueva 23-10-2015 07:46 PM

Good News, Bad News

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:45:25 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
>> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
>> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
>> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
>> machine.

> What's really funny is somehow my cell number was given out for people
> to call, so I got to tell them it was a scam and not to fall for it.
> Just doing my part to protect the gullible from themselves. :)

Log all the harassing calls that come in, this is actionable.

Nancy Young[_8_] 23-10-2015 08:01 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 2:29 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:29:26 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2015 11:45 AM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>>> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
>>> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
>>> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
>>> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
>>> machine.

>> I think the IRS should look into the returns for the people who
>> were scammed. They sure think they must owe. Heh. Guilty conscience.

> How many people are totally confident that they have done their taxes
> correctly -- that they didn't miss something? And then having the
> threat of the sheriff coming to your door with a warrant unless you
> respond immediately, it strikes fear. The phone call is very, very
> threatening.

The IRS contacted me to say I owed a large sum of money. I didn't,
but that's another story. If they said they were sending the
sheriff over I'd laugh. You get time to check up on your return,
or contact your accountant. They tell you which item on your
return you got wrong (in their opinion). Not just Pay Up! Today!

Yes, I know there are people who can be scammed because of some
problems they have. I'm not talking about them, and I feel bad
that they are conned like that, it must be hard.

nancy

Janet B 23-10-2015 08:35 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:01:28 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 10/23/2015 2:29 PM, Janet B wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:29:26 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> I think the IRS should look into the returns for the people who
>>> were scammed. They sure think they must owe. Heh. Guilty conscience.

>> How many people are totally confident that they have done their taxes
>> correctly -- that they didn't miss something? And then having the
>> threat of the sheriff coming to your door with a warrant unless you
>> respond immediately, it strikes fear. The phone call is very, very
>> threatening.

>The IRS contacted me to say I owed a large sum of money. I didn't,
>but that's another story. If they said they were sending the
>sheriff over I'd laugh. You get time to check up on your return,
>or contact your accountant. They tell you which item on your
>return you got wrong (in their opinion). Not just Pay Up! Today!
>
>Yes, I know there are people who can be scammed because of some
>problems they have. I'm not talking about them, and I feel bad
>that they are conned like that, it must be hard.
>
>nancy

One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
but hundreds of thousands will.
It is the goal of scams to find those people.
Janet US

[email protected] 23-10-2015 08:48 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:35:24 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:01:28 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:
>
>>On 10/23/2015 2:29 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:29:26 -0400, Nancy Young

>>> How many people are totally confident that they have done their taxes
>>> correctly -- that they didn't miss something? And then having the
>>> threat of the sheriff coming to your door with a warrant unless you
>>> respond immediately, it strikes fear. The phone call is very, very
>>> threatening.

>>The IRS contacted me to say I owed a large sum of money. I didn't,
>>but that's another story. If they said they were sending the
>>sheriff over I'd laugh. You get time to check up on your return,
>>or contact your accountant. They tell you which item on your
>>return you got wrong (in their opinion). Not just Pay Up! Today!
>>
>>Yes, I know there are people who can be scammed because of some
>>problems they have. I'm not talking about them, and I feel bad
>>that they are conned like that, it must be hard.
>>
>>nancy
>>

>One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
>realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
>around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
>but hundreds of thousands will.
>It is the goal of scams to find those people.
>Janet US

Much of the time they are elderly. Reviews of scams here certainly
show that. I know my aunt in Australia when she was around 90 was
continually scammed, fortunately my cousin discovered it when she was
down about A$10,000 and got it stopped.

Dave Smith[_1_] 23-10-2015 08:52 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 2015-10-23 3:35 PM, Janet B wrote:

> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
> around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
> but hundreds of thousands will.
> It is the goal of scams to find those people.

I don't have to look south of the border for simple-minded gullible
voters. We have lots of them here. At least there are more mainstream
parties so things are not quite as polarized.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:03 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:46:24 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 09:45:25 -0600, Janet B >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
> >> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
> >> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
> >> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
> >> machine.

> > What's really funny is somehow my cell number was given out for people
> > to call, so I got to tell them it was a scam and not to fall for it.
> > Just doing my part to protect the gullible from themselves. :)
> >

> Log all the harassing calls that come in, this is actionable.

It was just the clueless responding to calls from the gullible,
nothing that bothered me. Certainly no harassment from the original
party. The calls stopped once they got a clue that their marks were
dialing a wrong number.

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:06 PM

Good News, Bad News

**** ***you*** BIOTCH!
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:08 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 9:30 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:09:31 -0700, sf > wrote:

report fat hoarding to:
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:11 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 11:29 AM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:29:26 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2015 11:45 AM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>>> I'm guessing that everyone in this group knows that. This particular
>>> scam is the largest ever in the US and has suckered millions of
>>> dollars from the gullible. They have been calling me for almost a
>>> year now. I think their calling machine has a crush on my answering
>>> machine.

>> I think the IRS should look into the returns for the people who
>> were scammed. They sure think they must owe. Heh. Guilty conscience.
>>
>> nancy

> How many people are totally confident that they have done their taxes
> correctly -- that they didn't miss something? And then having the
> threat of the sheriff coming to your door with a warrant unless you
> respond immediately, it strikes fear. The phone call is very, very
> threatening.
> Janet US

Yers......
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:12 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 12:48 PM, wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:35:24 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:01:28 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> The IRS contacted me to say I owed a large sum of money. I didn't,
>>> but that's another story. If they said they were sending the
>>> sheriff over I'd laugh. You get time to check up on your return,
>>> or contact your accountant. They tell you which item on your
>>> return you got wrong (in their opinion). Not just Pay Up! Today!
>>>
>>> Yes, I know there are people who can be scammed because of some
>>> problems they have. I'm not talking about them, and I feel bad
>>> that they are conned like that, it must be hard.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
>> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
>> around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
>> but hundreds of thousands will.
>> It is the goal of scams to find those people.
>> Janet US

> Much of the time they are elderly. Reviews of scams here certainly
> show that. I know my aunt in Australia when she was around 90 was
> continually scammed, fortunately my cousin discovered it when she was
> down about A$10,000 and got it stopped.

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:14 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 12:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-10-23 3:35 PM, Janet B wrote:
>
>> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
>> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
>> around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
>> but hundreds of thousands will.
>> It is the goal of scams to find those people.
>>

> I don't have to look south of the border for simple-minded gullible
> voters. We have lots of them here. At least there are more mainstream
> parties so things are not quite as polarized.

A socialist paradise of simple-minded gullible voters. Pass!
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:15 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:12:45 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:16 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:11:47 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:16 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:11:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:16 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:08:35 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:17 PM

Good News, Bad News

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:09:22 -0700, sf > wrote:

--

sf

graham[_4_] 23-10-2015 09:27 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 23/10/2015 2:14 PM, sf wrote:
> On 10/23/2015 12:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2015-10-23 3:35 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>>> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
>>> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
>>> around. As I said, I don't figure anyone hear would fall for the scam
>>> but hundreds of thousands will.
>>> It is the goal of scams to find those people.
>>>

>> I don't have to look south of the border for simple-minded gullible
>> voters. We have lots of them here. At least there are more mainstream
>> parties so things are not quite as polarized.
>>

> A socialist paradise of simple-minded gullible voters. Pass!
> --
> Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

As opposed to a country full of simple-minded, gullible voters who
support Trump! Pass!
Graham

--
If only the Geologists would let me alone, I could do very
well, but those dreadful hammers! I hear the clink of them

sf[_9_] 23-10-2015 09:29 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 1:27 PM, graham wrote:
> On 23/10/2015 2:14 PM, sf wrote:

>>> I don't have to look south of the border for simple-minded gullible
>>> voters. We have lots of them here. At least there are more mainstream
>>> parties so things are not quite as polarized.
>>>

>> A socialist paradise of simple-minded gullible voters. Pass!
>> --
>> Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

> As opposed to a country full of simple-minded, gullible voters who
> support Trump! Pass!

Why don't YOU keep you big fat nose in your OWN insignificant country??
--
Barbara J Llorente

Nancy Young[_8_] 23-10-2015 09:29 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 10/23/2015 3:35 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:01:28 -0400, Nancy Young

>> The IRS contacted me to say I owed a large sum of money. I didn't,
>> but that's another story. If they said they were sending the
>> sheriff over I'd laugh. You get time to check up on your return,
>> or contact your accountant. They tell you which item on your
>> return you got wrong (in their opinion). Not just Pay Up! Today!
>>
>> Yes, I know there are people who can be scammed because of some
>> problems they have. I'm not talking about them, and I feel bad
>> that they are conned like that, it must be hard.

> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
> around.

I'm just amazed when I see the people who fall for it, they
seem intelligent enough. Of course, those are the people who
are interviewed in the paper or on television, the tip of the
iceberg.

nancy

graham[_4_] 23-10-2015 09:46 PM

Good News, Bad News

On 23/10/2015 1:35 PM, Janet B wrote:

> One only has to look at politics and supporters in the US today to
> realize how many un-educated, simple-minded, gullible people there are
> around.

J.B. Priestley coined a term for them: "Admass"!
Graham

Villanueva 23-10-2015 09:48 PM

Good News, Bad News

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:46:24 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>>> What's really funny is somehow my cell number was given out for people
>>> to call, so I got to tell them it was a scam and not to fall for it.
>>> Just doing my part to protect the gullible from themselves. :)
>>>

>> Log all the harassing calls that come in, this is actionable.

> It was just the clueless responding to calls from the gullible,
> nothing that bothered me. Certainly no harassment from the original
> party. The calls stopped once they got a clue that their marks were
> dialing a wrong number.

It's almost worth posting a honeypot number and using a cheap tracfone
to round up the froggers and their gang of bullies, innit?

Cheri[_3_] 23-10-2015 11:16 PM

Good News, Bad News

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> > >That's usually the first limply chosen comment when frustrated by one's
> > >inability to convince someone of something silly.

> > >I am not missing any facts. Politicians start campaigning long before
> > >an election is called. Anyone who reads or listens to the news and the
> > >projects they were planning for the future.... meaning in a year or two
> > >,... if they get elected... would have seen that they were gearing up
> > >for an election.
> > >
> > >The fixed date means that it was going to be Oct. 19 no matter what. No
> > >one should be surprised. All the parties should have been ready for it.
> > > My wife is a member of one of the other parties and they were holding
> > >meetings and making plans way ahead of the election call. Granted, the
> > >media have tried to make something of it and there is no doubt that they
> > >would suck people into thinking it really mattered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0V5ckcTSYu8

> > That's a link to something your wife will enjoy.

> I played it a couple of times tonight...good video...thanks.
> I see WE listened as Harper and his CONs were swept OUT...good show Canada.

Idiots. Enjoy your socialist paradise of misery LOL!