Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Hey, Jill

Are you going to be out of the flood area?
I'm thinking about you
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 1:57 PM, Janet B wrote:

> Are you going to be out of the flood area?
> I'm thinking about you
> Janet US

Thanks for your concern. It rains a lot but I've yet to encounter
flooded streets. We seem to have excellent drainage. It did cool off
here nicely. It's fantastic to have temps around 70°F and the windows
open after months of 90's and high 80's and tons of humidity.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 12:35 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/2/2015 1:57 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>
>> Are you going to be out of the flood area?
>> I'm thinking about you
>> Janet US
>>

> Thanks for your concern.

Oh lookie, the two bully biotches are slurping each other's slots.

How droll.

**** off and float out to sea, you scum.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 10/2/2015 1:57 PM, Janet B wrote:
> >
> > Are you going to be out of the flood area?
> > I'm thinking about you
> > Janet US
> >

> Thanks for your concern. It rains a lot but I've yet to encounter
> flooded streets. We seem to have excellent drainage. It did cool
> off here nicely. It's fantastic to have temps around 70°F and the
> windows open after months of 90's and high 80's and tons of humidity.
>
> Jill

Glad to hear that Jill. Here, it's been interesting getting about with
a good bit of our 9 cities that make Hampton Roads flooded out in
various spots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2015 10:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 10/2/2015 1:57 PM, Janet B wrote:
>>>
>>> Are you going to be out of the flood area?
>>> I'm thinking about you
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Thanks for your concern. It rains a lot but I've yet to encounter
>> flooded streets. We seem to have excellent drainage. It did cool
>> off here nicely. It's fantastic to have temps around 70°F and the
>> windows open after months of 90's and high 80's and tons of humidity.
>>
>> Jill

> Glad to hear that Jill. Here, it's been interesting getting about with
> a good bit of our 9 cities that make Hampton Roads flooded out in
> various spots.

Oddly, I encountered worse street flooding when I lived in west
Tennessee than I ever have on the islands.

Last night John's best friend saw on the Weather Channel these big red
and orange blobs (resulting from Hurricane Joaquin) and insisted he call
to make sure I was okay. I appreciate the concern but (1) he'd just
talked with me that morning and everything was fine and, (2) the Weather
Channel images always make things look much worse than they are.

I do feel for the people who are experiencing bad flooding. I also wish
I could have sent some of my summer rain rain to drought-stricken areas
out west.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-02 10:42 PM, cshenk wrote:

> Glad to hear that Jill. Here, it's been interesting getting about with
> a good bit of our 9 cities that make Hampton Roads flooded out in
> various spots.

I was indirectly affected by it. I ended up sitting in an airport
waiting for a flight to come in. I thought things were going to fall
together nicely. We had a friend visiting from the Netherlands who had
to catch a 2 pm flight to Boston. Then we had to be there to pick up
our son at 5:45. That gave us time go for lunch and a trip to the art
gallery. Then we would pick him up and go to a Chinese restaurant for
supper.

Despite thinks being backed up a little at the border, we made it the
thee in good time and dropped off our friend. We weren't really hungry
so we just went for a bagel and coffee. We lucked out at the gallery.
First the parking was free, compliments of a bank promotion. Then when I
went to pay the admission it turned out to be free as well, part of a
First Friday program.

We went back to the airport on good time and then got a call from our
son telling us that his flight had been cancelled he would not know for
an hour what was going to happen. He said we grab supper and he would
get back to us. We found a nice Irish pub in Williamsville, just a few
miles from the airport and headed back. We were pleased to hear that
his flight was back on and they were away from the gate but still on the
ground at JFK.

As it turned out, there had been a weather delay, then a mechanical
problem. The mechanical problem was fixed, but then there was back up on
take-offs. He was concerned that the flight was going to be cancelled
again because the weather was so bad and getting worse by the minute.
He showed up at 9:30 instead of 5:45 but was exhausted. He had started
off in St.Petersburg Russia at 6 am ... had to be at the airport at 3 am
their time, flew to Paris and then to NY and the third leg to Buffalo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 10/2/2015 10:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > Thanks for your concern. It rains a lot but I've yet to encounter
> > > flooded streets. We seem to have excellent drainage. It did cool
> > > off here nicely. It's fantastic to have temps around 70°F and the
> > > windows open after months of 90's and high 80's and tons of
> > > humidity.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Glad to hear that Jill. Here, it's been interesting getting about
> > with a good bit of our 9 cities that make Hampton Roads flooded out
> > in various spots.
> >

> Oddly, I encountered worse street flooding when I lived in west
> Tennessee than I ever have on the islands.
>
> Last night John's best friend saw on the Weather Channel these big
> red and orange blobs (resulting from Hurricane Joaquin) and insisted
> he call to make sure I was okay. I appreciate the concern but (1)
> he'd just talked with me that morning and everything was fine and,
> (2) the Weather Channel images always make things look much worse
> than they are.
>
> I do feel for the people who are experiencing bad flooding. I also
> wish I could have sent some of my summer rain rain to
> drought-stricken areas out west.
>
> Jill

Same here. Looks like we unexpectedly dodged a bullet here in Hampton
Roads. I'm not saying we didnt have flooding, but it was not as bad as
it could have been.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2015-10-02 10:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
>

> > Glad to hear that Jill. Here, it's been interesting getting about
> > with a good bit of our 9 cities that make Hampton Roads flooded out
> > in various spots.
> >

> I was indirectly affected by it. I ended up sitting in an airport
> waiting for a flight to come in. I thought things were going to fall
> together nicely. We had a friend visiting from the Netherlands who
> had to catch a 2 pm flight to Boston. Then we had to be there to
> pick up our son at 5:45. That gave us time go for lunch and a trip to
> the art gallery. Then we would pick him up and go to a Chinese
> restaurant for supper.
>
> Despite thinks being backed up a little at the border, we made it the
> thee in good time and dropped off our friend. We weren't really
> hungry so we just went for a bagel and coffee. We lucked out at the
> gallery. First the parking was free, compliments of a bank promotion.
> Then when I went to pay the admission it turned out to be free as
> well, part of a First Friday program.
>
> We went back to the airport on good time and then got a call from our
> son telling us that his flight had been cancelled he would not know
> for an hour what was going to happen. He said we grab supper and he
> would get back to us. We found a nice Irish pub in Williamsville,
> just a few miles from the airport and headed back. We were pleased
> to hear that his flight was back on and they were away from the gate
> but still on the ground at JFK.
>
> As it turned out, there had been a weather delay, then a mechanical
> problem. The mechanical problem was fixed, but then there was back up
> on take-offs. He was concerned that the flight was going to be
> cancelled again because the weather was so bad and getting worse by
> the minute. He showed up at 9:30 instead of 5:45 but was exhausted.
> He had started off in St.Petersburg Russia at 6 am ... had to be at
> the airport at 3 am their time, flew to Paris and then to NY and the
> third leg to Buffalo.

Sounds like a long day! Glad he got in safe and sound though which is
what reall matters ;-)

Carol

Ping: Jill, et. al. Janet B General Cooking 22 18-04-2016 06:06 PM
Ping: Jill Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 75 03-01-2015 08:22 PM
Ping: Jill sf[_9_] General Cooking 10 01-01-2015 09:01 PM
ping: Jill sf[_19_] General Cooking 7 10-04-2010 06:52 PM
PING: Jill Wayne Boatwright[_5_] General Cooking 16 05-12-2008 01:24 AM