Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smokin' . . .

Got a package of 10 chicken drumsticks on sale the the other day, and also a pork roast (I think a blade roast). Put some paprika and lemon pepper seasoning on the chicken and into the smoker as soon as I got home, followed a few minutes later by the pork. I used some Johnny Trigg Sweet Heat rub on the pork.

By 6PM the chicken will be done, and after a few more hours I'll take the pork out of the smoker and put it into a covered dish in the oven at about 190F for the night. That will be nicely tender for tomorrow.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, VA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:40:16 PM UTC-4, Japhy Ryder wrote:

> What kind of wood are you using?

Hickory. I had some on hand, and when I checked out the price of apple wood at the store yesterday it was twice the price, so I decided hickory was good enough. The chicken was good. Just finished eating some, with leftovers for lunch this week.

Shortly after starting the chicken and pork roast my wife came home and asked if I had put the country ribs in, too. She had bought some earlier today and stuck them in the fridge where I hadn't seen them. So, I quickly added them into the smoker. They'll go in the oven to finish with the roast. That's a couple of dinners and several lunches. :-)

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, VA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:18:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 5:40:16 PM UTC-4, Japhy Ryder wrote:
>

>> What kind of wood are you using?

>Hickory. I had some on hand, and when I checked out the price
>of apple wood at the store yesterday it was twice the price,
>so I decided hickory was good enough.

If you lived closer to NY I have plenty of crabapple wood you could
have... just pruned limbs from two huge trees, the six inch diameter
limbs will just decay in the woods. This fall I will prune some
shagbark hickery trees, limbs are too low to drive my tractor under,
you can have those too. I would prune those hickory now only the deer
flies are too ripe, need to wait for cold temps, too many ticks now
too. Greene county, NY is having a huge outbreak of Lyme disease.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2015 7:39 AM, Japhy Ryder wrote:
Barbara J. Llorente - A FRAUD!
Get the **** out of here, you FAT FRAUD biotch troll!

Get out - stalker!

....dump!

____.-.____
[__Barbara__]
[_J.Llorente _]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||ENABLER|||`
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2015 11:29 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I have, on at least three prior occasions, written posts that delve into
the “alleged” lurid past of one of our former presidents, George Herbert
Walker Bush (GHWB), the current but ailing patriarch of the Bush Family
Dynasty – I refer to them as the Bush Family Crime Syndicate, certainly
not in terms of endearment – but rather more like the Mafia Godfather
who prepares his sons to take over the family business upon his death.
This particular post references an article by Stew Webb, a contributor
of Veterans Today.

In his life-time, George H. W. Bush (GHWB) has controlled every
clandestine (hidden from view) and secret organization/operation within
the arsenal of the United States government as either 1) Director of the
CIA, 2) Vice President to Ronald Reagan (who was an unwitting puppet to
the Bush controlled cabal – GHWB secretly gave Reagan poisons that
hastened his fall into Alzheimer’s Disease and evidence suggests he
helped plan Reagan’ attempted assassination by John Hinckley, whose
family were close friends of the Bush family – a coincidence?) and 3)
ultimately as President of the United States before Bill Clinton took
office.

Smokin''!! ViLco General Cooking 0 12-07-2010 09:58 PM
smokin a whole pig [email protected] Barbecue 4 10-08-2007 07:11 AM
Smokin' Al's [email protected] Barbecue 11 12-10-2005 04:34 PM
Smokin Tex Wayne Barbecue 7 08-04-2005 12:00 PM
Smokin Tex Wayne Barbecue 0 05-04-2005 10:18 PM