Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A cool thing they're doing here - free lunches for kids

https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodParksandRec

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:08:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodParksandRec
>
>--Bryan

yes, here too.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2015 6:08 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodParksandRec
>
> --Bryan

TANSTAAFL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2015 8:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Our local food bank runs about 50 different summer feeding sites

Not free.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"La Mirada" > wrote in message
> On 6/4/2015 8:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Our local food bank runs about 50 different summer feeding sites

> Not free.

and what does this teach the next generation?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2015 8:55 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
> "La Mirada" > wrote in message
>> On 6/4/2015 8:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Our local food bank runs about 50 different summer feeding sites

>> Not free.

> and what does this teach the next generation?

That they should work for their meals?

I mean unless they're "free", then....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:39:04 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:08:48 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
> >https://www.facebook.com/BrentwoodParksandRec
> >
> >--Bryan

> yes, here too.
> Janet US

They've done it yearly since my kids were in elementary school. No
idea how long it had been done before I clued into it, but it wasn't
anything new at that point.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 7:55:08 PM UTC-7, taxed and spent wrote:
> "La Mirada" > wrote in message
> > On 6/4/2015 8:11 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Our local food bank runs about 50 different summer feeding sites

> > Not free.

> and what does this teach the next generation?

That kids should get at least one meal a day.

When I was a kid, I didn't pay for a single meal till I got my first
job, at 16. I was even allowed to eat fresh fruit, free of charge.