Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bacon-fried Oreos

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 12:50:18 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> This is just wrong!
>
> http://www.bustle.com/articles/75859... ign=lolspots

More like a waste of good bacon to mix them with those crappy Oreos.
I've never liked Oreos...crappy chocolate, super sweet and they crumble
all over the place when eaten.

p.s. was over your place on my flying carpet the other night.
Not a bad looking residential area, kind of like a summer resort town
in some ways. Houses go every which way, lots of what I presume are
Fir trees. Looks like this was developed back in the sixties and
seventies. What's with that main drag going north?...with that curve in
the street, did the engineers fall asleep on the job?
Real estate values are not much different than here except for some real
cheap ones that look like they might have been used for "grow-ops".
=====
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:
>Julie Bove wrote:
>> This is just wrong!
>>
>> http://www.bustle.com/articles/75859... ign=lolspots

>More like a waste of good bacon to mix them with those crappy Oreos.

More like a waste of Oreos. I like the Oreo chocolate crackers, I
scrape away the highly caloric no useful consequence icing,
fortunately I eat Oreos maybe once every ten years. Bacon totally
sucks, there's nothing to scrape away and to enjoy the rest... bacon
is pure empty calories with nothing of redeeming nutritional value
other than fat. Not only that, at those prices bacon is a total rip
off, after it's cooked the majority drain more than half of what they
paid for into the trash (unless you're a southerner who saves bacon
greeze like it's gold coins)... bacon is for dummies, real low IQ
DUMMIES. I believe that at around $5/lb bacon is way under priced, it
should properly cost $25/lb, well worth it to price bacon out of reach
to keep the dummies healthy... and I didn't even mention all those
horific toxic curing salts. Oreos are a far, FAR more healthful food
than bacon... and Oreos are pretty worthless, shouldn't be classified
as food.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/735
http://www.snackworks.com/products/p...uct=4400003325
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 12:50:18 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> This is just wrong!
>>
>> http://www.bustle.com/articles/75859... ign=lolspots

> More like a waste of good bacon to mix them with those crappy Oreos.
> I've never liked Oreos...crappy chocolate, super sweet and they crumble
> all over the place when eaten.
>
> p.s. was over your place on my flying carpet the other night.
> Not a bad looking residential area, kind of like a summer resort town
> in some ways. Houses go every which way, lots of what I presume are
> Fir trees. Looks like this was developed back in the sixties and
> seventies. What's with that main drag going north?...with that curve in
> the street, did the engineers fall asleep on the job?
> Real estate values are not much different than here except for some real
> cheap ones that look like they might have been used for "grow-ops".
> =====

This area was developed in the 80's. Houses do go every which way. Part of
that is because we love our cul de sacs here. And the curves in the road
have to do with one of two things. Sometimes it is to accommodate something
that is naturally there but would be too difficult or costly to move or
remove. Like a creek or a huge rock. Or to lessen the effect of our hilly
landscape.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 4:51:21 PM UTC-4, Roy wrote:

> I've never liked Oreos...crappy chocolate, super sweet and they crumble
> all over the place when eaten.

You don't soak them in milk? I don't eat them anymore,
but I recall holding each one in a glass of milk until
saturated.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 4:51:21 PM UTC-4, Roy wrote:
>
>> I've never liked Oreos...crappy chocolate, super sweet and they crumble
>> all over the place when eaten.

> You don't soak them in milk? I don't eat them anymore,
> but I recall holding each one in a glass of milk until
> saturated.

It really disgusts me to see people do that. I've never liked milk and I
hate soggy foods. I don't like to see people dip things in coffee either.
I do like French Dips. I guess that's about the only think I like that is
dunked. But they have to be dunked only briefly.

They were better when I was a kid. I still didn't like them but the filling
was better. At some point they changed the fillings for most all of the
sandwich cookies and now they remind me of sugary Crisco. Just not good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 11:21:34 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> > On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 4:51:21 PM UTC-4, Roy wrote:
> >
> >> I've never liked Oreos...crappy chocolate, super sweet and they crumble
> >> all over the place when eaten.

> > You don't soak them in milk? I don't eat them anymore,
> > but I recall holding each one in a glass of milk until
> > saturated.

> It really disgusts me to see people do that. I've never liked milk and I
> hate soggy foods.

I guess you wouldn't like my mother's favorite treat, then:

Yellow cake with chocolate icing, shoved into a glass, covered
with milk, and eaten with a spoon.

I've tried it a couple of times, and it didn't wow me. It was
kind of... pudding-like.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 11:21:34 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > You don't soak them in milk? I don't eat them anymore,
> > > but I recall holding each one in a glass of milk until
> > > saturated.

> > It really disgusts me to see people do that. I've never liked milk and I
> > hate soggy foods.

> I guess you wouldn't like my mother's favorite treat, then:
>
> Yellow cake with chocolate icing, shoved into a glass, covered
> with milk, and eaten with a spoon.
>
> I've tried it a couple of times, and it didn't wow me. It was
> kind of... pudding-like.

Doesn't sound so bad to me. I've never tried it and probably never
will but it would be a good way to salvage some cake that's turning
stale.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 10:37:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > It really disgusts me to see people do that. I've never liked milk and I
>> > hate soggy foods.

>> I guess you wouldn't like my mother's favorite treat, then:
>>
>> Yellow cake with chocolate icing, shoved into a glass, covered
>> with milk, and eaten with a spoon.
>>
>> I've tried it a couple of times, and it didn't wow me. It was
>> kind of... pudding-like.

>Doesn't sound so bad to me. I've never tried it and probably never
>will but it would be a good way to salvage some cake that's turning
>stale.

Old cake is much better salvaged smothered with ice cream.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 11:21:34 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > You don't soak them in milk? I don't eat them anymore,
>> > but I recall holding each one in a glass of milk until
>> > saturated.

>> It really disgusts me to see people do that. I've never liked milk and I
>> hate soggy foods.

> I guess you wouldn't like my mother's favorite treat, then:
>
> Yellow cake with chocolate icing, shoved into a glass, covered
> with milk, and eaten with a spoon.
>
> I've tried it a couple of times, and it didn't wow me. It was
> kind of... pudding-like.

I wouldn't. I hate cake. My mom's favorite is popcorn with milk, eaten with
a spoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 1:32:27 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:

> I wouldn't. I hate cake. My mom's favorite is popcorn with milk, eaten with
> a spoon.

I prefer popcorn with butter, salt and cayenne pepper. I should try
it with powdered chipotle sometime.

Cindy Hamilton