Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday dinner

Yesterday we were supposed to to go Boston for a 1 PM appointment. They
called at 10 and postponed it until next week. So, all dressed up and
no place to go.

So, we planned on eating after the appointment on the way home. My wife
wanted to go someplace that had veal scalloppini. Instead of Boston, we
went to Providence RI and had a late lunch at Pizzico.
http://www.stockfoodgroup.com/pizzico-providence

Food was good, wine was good, homemade tiramisu was excellent.
We had:
Funghi con Vitello or Pollo €“ Lightly floured Veal Scaloppini or
Chicken Breast sautéed with wild
mushrooms, garlic & fresh herbs in a Dijon mustard, brandy cream sauce.
Served with roasted potatoes & green beans.

After lunch we stopped at Tony's market on Federal Hill. Tony's has been
a regular stop for many years now. We loaded up on imported Toscano
salami, cappacola, mortadella, assorted cheeses, bread, and a few other
goodies. That is what became dinner tonight along with a bottle of
wine. Simple and tasty.

Dessert tonight was a couple of Italian almond cookies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 21:25:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Yesterday we were supposed to to go Boston for a 1 PM appointment. They
>called at 10 and postponed it until next week. So, all dressed up and
>no place to go.
>
>So, we planned on eating after the appointment on the way home. My wife
>wanted to go someplace that had veal scalloppini. Instead of Boston, we
>went to Providence RI and had a late lunch at Pizzico.
>http://www.stockfoodgroup.com/pizzico-providence
>
>Food was good, wine was good, homemade tiramisu was excellent.
>We had:
> Funghi con Vitello or Pollo – Lightly floured Veal Scaloppini or
>Chicken Breast sautéed with wild
>mushrooms, garlic & fresh herbs in a Dijon mustard, brandy cream sauce.
>Served with roasted potatoes & green beans.
>
>After lunch we stopped at Tony's market on Federal Hill. Tony's has been
>a regular stop for many years now. We loaded up on imported Toscano
>salami, cappacola, mortadella, assorted cheeses, bread, and a few other
>goodies. That is what became dinner tonight along with a bottle of
>wine. Simple and tasty.
>
>Dessert tonight was a couple of Italian almond cookies.

Sounds wonderful. I really like veal scaloppini and it sounds like
they did it up right.
I think I'll do the meat and cheese plate tonight, that sounds like a
good idea

koko

James Beard