FoodBanter.com

-   -   Keurig cleaning (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/432460-keurig-cleaning.html)

Dimitri 04-02-2015 01:34 AM

Keurig cleaning

Hello All;

The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
slower.

I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.

FWIW.

Dimitri
(still kicking and kicking back)

jmcquown[_2_] 04-02-2015 01:41 AM

Keurig cleaning

On 2/3/2015 8:34 PM, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Hi Dimitri! Great re-entrance. ;-D

Jill

Ophelia[_11_] 04-02-2015 11:19 AM

Keurig cleaning

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Good to hear it:)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

brooklyn1 04-02-2015 03:17 PM

Keurig cleaning

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:34:32 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Hello All;
>
>The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
>section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
>clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
>slower.
>
>I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
>small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
>FWIW.
>
>Dimitri
>(still kicking and kicking back)

G-U-M has a kick-ass micro-brush selection, I have several types:
http://www.gumbrand.com/

Pipecleaners are also an excellent small diameter cleaning tool, I
have all kinds:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_33u5360knj_e

I have these too:
http://www.amazon.com/SE-Brush-Mini-...=pipe+cleaners

I use these primarilly for cleaning fountain pens, but I find many
other uses.

Keep kicking, Dimitri.

Kalmia 04-02-2015 03:22 PM

Keurig cleaning

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 8:35:01 PM UTC-5, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Clean, old masacara wands make great little ratstail brushes.

Kalmia 05-02-2015 12:20 AM

Keurig cleaning

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 10:22:34 AM UTC-5, Kalmia wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 8:35:01 PM UTC-5, Dimitri wrote:
> > Hello All;
> >
> > The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> > section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> > clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> > slower.
> >
> > I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> > small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
> >
> > FWIW.
> >
> > Dimitri
> > (still kicking and kicking back)

> Clean, old masacara wands make great little ratstail brushes.

Yikes --= mascara, before someone corrects me. Agh.

Jean B.[_1_] 05-02-2015 06:14 AM

Keurig cleaning

Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Wow! A real blast from the past!

dsi1[_17_] 05-02-2015 10:55 AM

Keurig cleaning

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 3:35:01 PM UTC-10, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

I think that's mostly a problem if you use those refillable K-cup thingies or non-Keurig cups.