Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Keurig cleaning

Hello All;

The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
slower.

I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.

FWIW.

Dimitri
(still kicking and kicking back)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/3/2015 8:34 PM, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Hi Dimitri! Great re-entrance. ;-D

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message

> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Good to hear it

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 17:34:32 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Hello All;
>
>The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
>section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
>clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
>slower.
>
>I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
>small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
>FWIW.
>
>Dimitri
>(still kicking and kicking back)

G-U-M has a kick-ass micro-brush selection, I have several types:
http://www.gumbrand.com/

Pipecleaners are also an excellent small diameter cleaning tool, I
have all kinds:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_33u5360knj_e

I have these too:
http://www.amazon.com/SE-Brush-Mini-...=pipe+cleaners

I use these primarilly for cleaning fountain pens, but I find many
other uses.

Keep kicking, Dimitri.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 8:35:01 PM UTC-5, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Clean, old masacara wands make great little ratstail brushes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 10:22:34 AM UTC-5, Kalmia wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 8:35:01 PM UTC-5, Dimitri wrote:
> > Hello All;
> >
> > The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> > section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> > clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> > slower.
> >
> > I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> > small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
> >
> > FWIW.
> >
> > Dimitri
> > (still kicking and kicking back)

> Clean, old masacara wands make great little ratstail brushes.

Yikes --= mascara, before someone corrects me. Agh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

Wow! A real blast from the past!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 3:35:01 PM UTC-10, Dimitri wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> The Keurig k-cup brewing system contains 2 hollow probes in the brewing
> section. The entrance probe is no problem, the exit probe will sometimes
> clog with "gunk" or coffee grounds causing the machine to run slower and
> slower.
>
> I searching for the best way to clean that hollow little probe, I found a
> small size Proxy Brush, used for cleaning between ones teeth works wonders.
>
> FWIW.
>
> Dimitri
> (still kicking and kicking back)

I think that's mostly a problem if you use those refillable K-cup thingies or non-Keurig cups.

Keurig problem dsi1[_17_] General Cooking 13 24-07-2016 04:05 AM
Dances with Keurig Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 50 21-11-2015 05:03 PM
Keurig one-cup coffee brewers Brian Colwell Cooking Equipment 1 06-12-2008 08:43 PM
Keurig B-40 Melba's Jammin' Coffee 3 29-11-2008 11:43 PM
Used cleaning product in self-cleaning oven - now what? Peter Lampione General Cooking 26 25-01-2007 03:41 PM