Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Martha White Cornbread mix

The self-rising kind. Is it any good?

Why my store (Kroger offshoot) decides they can sell Martha White corn
bread, but not their soft summer wheat flour, is beyond me. I didn't
have much luck with White Lily soft flour at this altitude. So, I
wondering about the cornbread mix. Maybe the fact it sells, here, is
a good sign.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 11:23:59 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> The self-rising kind. Is it any good?
>
> Why my store (Kroger offshoot) decides they can sell Martha White corn
> bread, but not their soft summer wheat flour, is beyond me. I didn't
> have much luck with White Lily soft flour at this altitude. So, I
> wondering about the cornbread mix. Maybe the fact it sells, here, is
> a good sign.
>
> nb

Get the martha white mexican kind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 10:23:59 AM UTC-6, notbob wrote:

> The self-rising kind. Is it any good?
>
> nb

I use Martha White _cornmeal,_ didn't know they made a mix.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-16, jmcquown > wrote:

> Martha White makes a quick fix mix. I find it to be too sweet, like
> Jiffy Mix. It's fast if you want something in 12-15 minutes but not my
> cup of tea.

Now you reply!! Right after I bought a 5lb bag.

Why, I outta......

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2015 6:34 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-01-16, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Martha White makes a quick fix mix. I find it to be too sweet, like
>> Jiffy Mix. It's fast if you want something in 12-15 minutes but not my
>> cup of tea.

> Now you reply!! Right after I bought a 5lb bag.
>
> Why, I outta......
>
> nb

:-) Yeah, you outta! IMHO it's just as fast to mix your own. But no,
I don't know about baking cornbread at 8 thousand feet above sea level...

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-16, jmcquown > wrote:

>:-) Yeah, you outta! IMHO it's just as fast to mix your own. But no,
> I don't know about baking cornbread at 8 thousand feet above sea level...

I would make my own from scratch, but I can't find decent cornmeal
around here. Even the health food stores rarely carry straight corn
meal, like John's Red Mill, which comes in 3 grinds. No one carries
the fine grind (or medium), which I like for cornbread. I can find
BRM "course" cornmeal, but so what. We'll see how Mz White fares.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2015 1:34 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-01-16, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Martha White makes a quick fix mix. I find it to be too sweet, like
>> Jiffy Mix. It's fast if you want something in 12-15 minutes but not my
>> cup of tea.

> Now you reply!! Right after I bought a 5lb bag.
>
> Why, I outta......
>
> nb

I like to buy Marie Callender's cornbread mix from Sam's Club. It's on
the sweet side but that's a plus for me. The Martha White mix seems kind
of involved because you have to add milk and eggs. I like to have have a
mix that you can just add water and set in the oven in 60 seconds or
less. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anybody remember "martha white self rising flour with hot rise plus"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:56:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:

> Anybody remember "martha white self rising flour with hot rise plus"

I've never seen that brand. Period.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like fried mush.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Martha white self rising flour with hot rise plus was on the Flatt and Scruggs show. I can watch Porter Wagoner and Hee Haw on RFDTV ch now from the mid 70's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 11:55:05 AM UTC-6, wrote:

> Martha white self rising flour with hot rise plus was on the Flatt and Scruggs show. I can watch Porter Wagoner and Hee Haw on RFDTV ch now from the mid 70's.

You can watch Flatt & Scruggs on YouTube.

White Bean Soup & Cornbread jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 6 15-10-2012 12:36 AM
Mickey's Crispy White Cornbread Muffins Mickey Johnson Recipes (moderated) 0 05-01-2010 08:06 AM
America's Test Kitchen: White Chicken Chili and cornbread Mitch@_._ General Cooking 0 28-04-2008 12:09 AM
um,eh, Martha! elaine General Cooking 6 04-03-2006 04:53 AM
Martha's out... BOB General Cooking 56 11-03-2005 07:24 PM