FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hot Buttered Rum (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/431580-hot-buttered-rum.html)

notbob 13-11-2014 08:03 PM

Hot Buttered Rum

I jes drank one. Cold weather and all that. Something I was
wondering: can you substitute pickling spice for all the spices called
for in this drink? Pickling spice has all the regular spices, plus a
few more. Like bay leaves, mace, coriander, and cardamom (which I add,
anyway). I ask cuz I am outta cloves and PS has 'em.

Another question: What's the deal with Tom & Jerry's? The only spice
I've seen in recipes is nutmeg, yet I know dang well that premade T&J
mix you buy at the mkt has waaay more spices than jes nutmeg.

nb

Dave Smith[_1_] 13-11-2014 09:43 PM

Hot Buttered Rum

On 2014-11-13 3:03 PM, notbob wrote:
> I jes drank one. Cold weather and all that. Something I was
> wondering: can you substitute pickling spice for all the spices called
> for in this drink? Pickling spice has all the regular spices, plus a
> few more. Like bay leaves, mace, coriander, and cardamom (which I add,
> anyway). I ask cuz I am outta cloves and PS has 'em.

What? That sounds more like a girly drink. All you need is dark rum,
hot water, a drizzle of honey and a little bit of unsalted butter.