Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I've been asked to cook!

Ever since my daughter was born, I have been trying to get her to eat
breakfast. But she just never wanted to. She does eat. Just not very
much. For the longest time she would only eat baby carrots. After that it
might be a piece of cheese or a pack of apples. Not unhealthy food. But if
I did actually cook something, it would go uneaten and I would eventually
get tossed out or maybe put in the freezer where she might find it and eat
it for dinner if she didn't like what I was fixing.

But I was explaining to her today that now that she has her own car, this
will free up a lot more of my time to cook. And since I have been cleaning
out things, I have some food that I am fixing to use up. Including some
whole wheat pancake mix and some eggs. Plus that little bit of excess bacon
that I still have.

So imagine my surprise when she said to me, "Well, since you're still up
when I get up... Why don't you make me breakfast?" I thought at first she
was joking. So I said, "You mean like pancakes or something?" And her eyes
lit up. Then I asked about eggs and bacon. And yes, she wants me to cook!

Now this might be a one time thing. I do intend to make extra pancakes
because I want to use up that mix and the eggs. The bacon is already
cooked. Just needs heated up and she only likes hers heated a little bit.

Now I just have to keep myself awake. Because of all the nonsense with the
garage door, I only got perhaps 2 hours of sleep and those were broken up
into bits and pieces. I am one of those people who does better to just stay
up and get no sleep than to try to get up and do something like cooking at
5:30 a.m.