Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default tri tip shape

I have always seen tri tips as a triangular (more or less) piece of meat,
but today I was at a picnic where they had tri tips that were just
"rectangular", like a log.

Do packing houses cut tri tips to different shapes or what is going on here?

If they cut a triangular tri tip to a rectangle, do they pay attention to
the grain of the meat, or is it willy nilly? Our server seemed to have some
cut across the grain as it should be and some cut with the grain, and from
what I saw they were just sawing (it didn't look like "slicing" to me!) the
rectangular piece like the log that it was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:40:36 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
wrote:

> I have always seen tri tips as a triangular (more or less) piece of meat,
> but today I was at a picnic where they had tri tips that were just
> "rectangular", like a log.
>
> Do packing houses cut tri tips to different shapes or what is going on here?
>
> If they cut a triangular tri tip to a rectangle, do they pay attention to
> the grain of the meat, or is it willy nilly? Our server seemed to have some
> cut across the grain as it should be and some cut with the grain, and from
> what I saw they were just sawing (it didn't look like "slicing" to me!) the
> rectangular piece like the log that it was.

Did you try to chew any of it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:40:36 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
> wrote:
>
>> I have always seen tri tips as a triangular (more or less) piece of meat,
>> but today I was at a picnic where they had tri tips that were just
>> "rectangular", like a log.
>>
>> Do packing houses cut tri tips to different shapes or what is going on
>> here?
>>
>> If they cut a triangular tri tip to a rectangle, do they pay attention to
>> the grain of the meat, or is it willy nilly? Our server seemed to have
>> some
>> cut across the grain as it should be and some cut with the grain, and
>> from
>> what I saw they were just sawing (it didn't look like "slicing" to me!)
>> the
>> rectangular piece like the log that it was.
>>

> Did you try to chew any of it?

are you drunk?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:06:52 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:40:36 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I have always seen tri tips as a triangular (more or less) piece of meat,
> >> but today I was at a picnic where they had tri tips that were just
> >> "rectangular", like a log.
> >>
> >> Do packing houses cut tri tips to different shapes or what is going on
> >> here?
> >>
> >> If they cut a triangular tri tip to a rectangle, do they pay attention to
> >> the grain of the meat, or is it willy nilly? Our server seemed to have
> >> some
> >> cut across the grain as it should be and some cut with the grain, and
> >> from
> >> what I saw they were just sawing (it didn't look like "slicing" to me!)
> >> the
> >> rectangular piece like the log that it was.
> >>

> > Did you try to chew any of it?
> >

> are you drunk?

I was wondering what was causing you to be so stupid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:06:52 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
> wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message

>> > Did you try to chew any of it?
>> >

>> are you drunk?
>>

> I was wondering what was causing you to be so stupid.

your drunkenness makes other APPEAR stupid to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/2/2014 8:09 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:06:52 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
>> wrote:

>>> are you drunk?
>>>

>> I was wondering what was causing you to be so stupid.
>>

> your drunkenness makes other[sic] APPEAR stupid to you.

Hic?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:25:22 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

> On 9/2/2014 8:09 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> > "sf" > wrote in message

> >> I was wondering what was causing you to be so stupid.
> >>

> > your drunkenness makes other[sic] APPEAR stupid to you.
> >

> Hic?

He must have quite a hangover today.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/2/2014 12:09 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:25:22 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

>>> your drunkenness makes other[sic] APPEAR stupid to you.
>>>

>> Hic?

> He must have quite a hangover today.

Somewhere under the rainbow?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2014 2:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> How can you have Pico Llorente without Mayo or peppers?

Obsess much, Yappy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:33:33 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

> On 9/3/2014 2:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> > How can you have Pico Llorente without Mayo or peppers?

> Obsess much, Yappy?

He has nothing else to do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/3/2014 10:52 AM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:33:33 -0600, Mayo > wrote:
>
>> On 9/3/2014 2:02 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> How can you have Pico Llorente without Mayo or peppers?

>> Obsess much, Yappy?

> He has nothing else to do.

Yes, the group-killing has diminished appreciably since I called them
both out again....