Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT but food related

Remember the jingle?--

"From the valley of the Jolly, ho ho ho, Green Giant."

Well, it just occurred to me that giants don't typically say, "Ho ho ho."
They say, "Fee fi fo fum." It's Santa Claus who says, "Ho ho ho." So
that's just not right, and it hasn't been right since way back when.

How dare those mere canners and freezers of vegetables shamelessly
appropriate the tag line of the beloved Kris Kringle?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:56:52 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> Remember the jingle?--
>
> "From the valley of the Jolly, ho ho ho, Green Giant."
>
> Well, it just occurred to me that giants don't typically say, "Ho ho ho."
> They say, "Fee fi fo fum." It's Santa Claus who says, "Ho ho ho." So
> that's just not right, and it hasn't been right since way back when

Giants are usually mean, so they say "fee fi fo fum, I'm going to eat
*you*" (not vegetables). That one was nice - so he got to say "ho ho
ho" just like the jolly old man dressed in red.

> How dare those mere canners and freezers of vegetables shamelessly
> appropriate line of the beloved Kris Kringle?

Call it a remix. Ho ho ho was repurposed to sell vegetables. Next
thing I know you're going to start complaining that Shrek was too nice
to be a troll.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.