Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Free Shipping

sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
4ax.com:

> What got my attention was "FREE SHIPPING
> ON EVERY ORDER!"

That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often, on a
small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered! I wish
more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've found is a
discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no matter how many
books.

Hope your order is satisfying.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
> 4ax.com:
>
>> What got my attention was "FREE SHIPPING
>> ON EVERY ORDER!"

> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often, on a
> small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered! I wish
> more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've found is a
> discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no matter how many
> books.
>
> Hope your order is satisfying.

If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made online.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in
:

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>>> What got my attention was "FREE SHIPPING
>>> ON EVERY ORDER!"

>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often,
>> on a small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered!
>> I wish more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've
>> found is a discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no
>> matter how many books.
>>
>> Hope your order is satisfying.

> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
> I've made online.
>
> Cheri

On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
elsewhere.

A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped from
three addresses.

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2014 12:02 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>>> What got my attention was "FREE SHIPPING
>>> ON EVERY ORDER!"

>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often, on a
>> small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered! I wish
>> more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've found is a
>> discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no matter how many
>> books.
>>
>> Hope your order is satisfying.

> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made online.
>
> Cheri

You also get lots of TV, movies, music, etc.

But it's not really free since you do pay an annual fee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2014 12:16 PM, KenK wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>>> 4ax.com:

>>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often,
>>> on a small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered!
>>> I wish more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've
>>> found is a discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no
>>> matter how many books.
>>>
>>> Hope your order is satisfying.

>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>> I've made online.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
> order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
> elsewhere.
>
> A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped from
> three addresses.
>
> Ken

It's on everything they themselves sell.

The individual vendors don't generally participate in Prime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message

> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
> order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
> elsewhere.
>
> A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped from
> three addresses.
>
> Ken

Yes. They have suppliers who work with them, so it will say sold by Amazon
and fulfilled by_______________you can always see the Prime logo on
everything that ships free.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 8/20/2014 12:16 PM, KenK wrote:
>> "Cheri" > wrote in
>> :

>>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>>> I've made online.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
>> order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
>> elsewhere.
>>
>> A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped from
>> three addresses.
>>
>> Ken

> It's on everything they themselves sell.
>
> The individual vendors don't generally participate in Prime.

On everything they sell, but a lot of vendors fulfill the orders through
Amazon and it ships with Prime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 8/20/2014 12:02 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>>> 4ax.com:

>>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often, on a
>>> small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered! I wish
>>> more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've found is a
>>> discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no matter how many
>>> books.
>>>
>>> Hope your order is satisfying.

>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
>> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made
>> online.
>>
>> Cheri

> You also get lots of TV, movies, music, etc.
>
> But it's not really free since you do pay an annual fee.

Yes, but if you order often it pays for itself in no time with the free
shipping/no minimum. I buy most things through Amazon, from tomato plants to
machine screws. Most recently I ordered the extra heavy mayo that someone
here suggested, very reasonable price.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2014 12:56 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>> On 8/20/2014 12:16 PM, KenK wrote:
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
>>> order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
>>> elsewhere.
>>>
>>> A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped
>>> from
>>> three addresses.
>>>
>>> Ken

>> It's on everything they themselves sell.
>>
>> The individual vendors don't generally participate in Prime.

> On everything they sell, but a lot of vendors fulfill the orders through
> Amazon and it ships with Prime.

Quite true.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/20/2014 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
>>> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made
>>> online.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> You also get lots of TV, movies, music, etc.
>>
>> But it's not really free since you do pay an annual fee.

> Yes, but if you order often it pays for itself in no time with the free
> shipping/no minimum. I buy most things through Amazon, from tomato
> plants to machine screws. Most recently I ordered the extra heavy mayo
> that someone here suggested, very reasonable price.
>
> Cheri

It's a great program, for them especially. I do wish there was a bit
more Indy and documentary content though - a minor gripe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:02:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made online.

Still haven't done Prime although I ordered more via Amazon last year
than all other years combined. It's easy enough to put things on my
wish list and then tack them to the order when I order a larger item
to make it to free shipping or if I've already made the limit, get
free shipping for that small item. If the item was something I
absolutely needed tomorrow, I would go to a brick & mortar store and
buy it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-20, KenK > wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in

>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>> I've made online.

> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier?

Apparently, Amazon does a lotta supplier shipping, so some things that
are sold thru a 3rd Amazon supplier still ships from Amazon. But,
that still leaves a lotta stuff Amazon does not ship, so Prime
shipping does not count for those suppliers. Still, Amazon Prime
works for most puchases, so it IS a very good bargain, IMO.

I'm a major distance from a major metropolitan area, so I find
shopping online to be much cheaper than almost four dollars per gallon
gas. Lotta bad things are sed about Amazon, but they've saved me $$
and time. I ordered the Prime jes for the shipping. The free
streaming movies are better than my Netflix, so that's a bonus I
wasn't expecting. I've placed orders for a total of under $3 and the
pkg arrived at my doorstep (not mailbox nor PObox....doorstep!) within
48hrs, every single time, without fail. Good luck finding a better
shipping/delivery deal. Cheri tells it true.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>>> What got my attention was "FREE SHIPPING
>>> ON EVERY ORDER!"

>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often, on a
>> small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered! I wish
>> more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've found is a
>> discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no matter how many
>> books.
>>
>> Hope your order is satisfying.

> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made online.
>
> Cheri

Just read the product reviews before buying. The are selling more and more
fake products. I bought several bogus otter boxes and did not realize that
they were until I got the last one. It was such bad quality it was obvious.
I kept wondering why the others were breaking so quickly. That's why! Then
I tried to order a stove burner and they are selling Chinese knockoffs,
claiming them to be GE.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> sf > wrote in news:jmm7v9dhib5qvm6671cuefo18kgf4h1djb@
>>> 4ax.com:

>>> That shipping cost is what turns me off of on-line ordering. Often,
>>> on a small order, the shipping is almost as much as what you ordered!
>>> I wish more suppliers of many kinds had free shipping. Closest I've
>>> found is a discount book supplier (Hamilton) that charges $3.50 no
>>> matter how many books.
>>>
>>> Hope your order is satisfying.

>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>> I've made online.
>>
>> Cheri

Prime does not apply to everything and it seems for me that it is applying
to less and less things. You have to look for the "Prime Eligible"
statement. There are also "add on" items. These are usually inexpensive
items. If you order $25 worth of qualifying items which all Prime items
would be, you can add these on and there is no shipping.

They are building a new warehouse in Kent, WA. Not only will this create
many good jobs, but it will allow those of us in WA to get more items same
day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>> On 8/20/2014 12:16 PM, KenK wrote:
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier? If so I might
>>> order from them much more often, not just stuff I have trouble finding
>>> elsewhere.
>>>
>>> A few days ago I ordered thee things from them and they were shipped
>>> from
>>> three addresses.
>>>
>>> Ken

>> It's on everything they themselves sell.
>>
>> The individual vendors don't generally participate in Prime.

> On everything they sell, but a lot of vendors fulfill the orders through
> Amazon and it ships with Prime.

Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
>>> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made
>>> online.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> You also get lots of TV, movies, music, etc.
>>
>> But it's not really free since you do pay an annual fee.

> Yes, but if you order often it pays for itself in no time with the free
> shipping/no minimum. I buy most things through Amazon, from tomato plants
> to machine screws. Most recently I ordered the extra heavy mayo that
> someone here suggested, very reasonable price.
>
> Cheri

I find better prices on some foods there than what I could get in any store.
Only problem is that with some items, you have to get a whole case and I
don't always need a whole case.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:02:59 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about everything
>> with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments I've made
>> online.

> Still haven't done Prime although I ordered more via Amazon last year
> than all other years combined. It's easy enough to put things on my
> wish list and then tack them to the order when I order a larger item
> to make it to free shipping or if I've already made the limit, get
> free shipping for that small item. If the item was something I
> absolutely needed tomorrow, I would go to a brick & mortar store and
> buy it.

It's great for people like me who do most of their shopping for incidentals
online. I shop locally for food, but very seldomly for other things.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2014-08-20, KenK > wrote:
>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in

>>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>>> I've made online.

>> On everything, including stuff they ship from a supplier?

> Apparently, Amazon does a lotta supplier shipping, so some things that
> are sold thru a 3rd Amazon supplier still ships from Amazon. But,
> that still leaves a lotta stuff Amazon does not ship, so Prime
> shipping does not count for those suppliers. Still, Amazon Prime
> works for most puchases, so it IS a very good bargain, IMO.
>
> I'm a major distance from a major metropolitan area, so I find
> shopping online to be much cheaper than almost four dollars per gallon
> gas. Lotta bad things are sed about Amazon, but they've saved me $$
> and time. I ordered the Prime jes for the shipping. The free
> streaming movies are better than my Netflix, so that's a bonus I
> wasn't expecting. I've placed orders for a total of under $3 and the
> pkg arrived at my doorstep (not mailbox nor PObox....doorstep!) within
> 48hrs, every single time, without fail. Good luck finding a better
> shipping/delivery deal. Cheri tells it true.
>
> nb

I love their return policy too. No hassle, no argument, just a return label
immediately. If you call them, you can choose when they call you back in a
matter of minutes, and they do.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Just read the product reviews before buying. The are selling more and
> more fake products. I bought several bogus otter boxes and did not
> realize that they were until I got the last one. It was such bad quality
> it was obvious. I kept wondering why the others were breaking so quickly.
> That's why! Then I tried to order a stove burner and they are selling
> Chinese knockoffs, claiming them to be GE.

I always read product reviews.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "KenK" > wrote in message
>> "Cheri" > wrote in
>> :

>>> If you join Amazon Prime, you get free shipping on just about
>>> everything with no minimum. It has been one of the best investments
>>> I've made online.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

> Prime does not apply to everything and it seems for me that it is applying
> to less and less things. You have to look for the "Prime Eligible"
> statement. There are also "add on" items. These are usually inexpensive
> items. If you order $25 worth of qualifying items which all Prime items
> would be, you can add these on and there is no shipping.

I would suppose that's what "Just about everything" means, yes? I've never
had a problem finding what I want with the Prime logo attached, also a whole
lot of free Kindle Books to borrow as a Prime Member. When you read as much
as I do, that's significant.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "KenK" > wrote in message
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in
>>> :

>> Prime does not apply to everything and it seems for me that it is
>> applying to less and less things. You have to look for the "Prime
>> Eligible" statement. There are also "add on" items. These are usually
>> inexpensive items. If you order $25 worth of qualifying items which all
>> Prime items would be, you can add these on and there is no shipping.

> I would suppose that's what "Just about everything" means, yes? I've never
> had a problem finding what I want with the Prime logo attached, also a
> whole lot of free Kindle Books to borrow as a Prime Member. When you read
> as much as I do, that's significant.

I can't remember what it was that I bought recently but I could not find it
on Prime. And often I can get it for cheaper, including the postage if not
on Prime. I usually get used books and those are not on Prime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:04:53 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> I would suppose that's what "Just about everything" means, yes? I've never
>
> had a problem finding what I want with the Prime logo attached, also a whole
>
> lot of free Kindle Books to borrow as a Prime Member. When you read as much
>
> as I do, that's significant.

I'm thinking of publishing Kindle only for 90 days through Kindle Select.
If/when I do, of course everyone will know. Then it will be free to
borrow (for Prime members) for 90 days.

> Cheri

--Bryan