Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oatmeal

Ophelia wrote:

> Hmmm I wouldn't have a bowl of oatmeal for dinner

I never eat breakfast but I do like oatmeal occasionally. When I have
it, it's for a late night snack. I cook some raisins with it so they
soften nicely. When done I pour it into a bowl that contains some
butter and brown sugar. Stir that all up and yum.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm I wouldn't have a bowl of oatmeal for dinner

> I never eat breakfast but I do like oatmeal occasionally. When I have
> it, it's for a late night snack. I cook some raisins with it so they
> soften nicely. When done I pour it into a bowl that contains some
> butter and brown sugar. Stir that all up and yum.

Yum indeed)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:01:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm I wouldn't have a bowl of oatmeal for dinner

> I never eat breakfast but I do like oatmeal occasionally. When I have
> it, it's for a late night snack. I cook some raisins with it so they
> soften nicely. When done I pour it into a bowl that contains some
> butter and brown sugar. Stir that all up and yum.

Since you eat it at night, have you ever experimented with savory
oatmeal?
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ce-recipe.html
http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/...ecipes/slide/6

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Since you eat it at night, have you ever experimented with savory
> oatmeal?
> http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ce-recipe.html
> http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/...ecipes/slide/6

Thanks for that. I did look at the first recipe/link. Sounds ok but
adding just scallions and soy sauce seems a bit plain to me. I would
at least try to pep up the soy sauce part.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:51:28 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > Since you eat it at night, have you ever experimented with savory
> > oatmeal?
> > http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...ce-recipe.html
> > http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/...ecipes/slide/6

> Thanks for that. I did look at the first recipe/link. Sounds ok but
> adding just scallions and soy sauce seems a bit plain to me. I would
> at least try to pep up the soy sauce part.

YW. I was just trying to open your mind to new possibilities. You
can always Google for other savory oatmeal recipes and maybe you'll
find something that appeals.

REC: Oatmeal Pie Mike Muth General Cooking 0 02-10-2012 11:14 PM
Oatmeal ChrisW General Cooking 11 22-10-2007 07:10 PM
Oatmeal Pie Jane Recipes (moderated) 0 22-12-2006 10:32 PM
TVP v oatmeal? Jack Allen Vegetarian cooking 0 22-05-2006 02:17 PM
Oatmeal Pie Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2004 02:16 PM