Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Medical Marijuana Cookbook

Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!

"Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and Body"

Description from you-know-whe

"Medical edibles have come a long way since the infamous pot
brownies that were consumed with crunchy, awful-tasting leaves
and stems. Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook is a
collection of recipes by cooking instructor, Sandy Moriarty,
who is a professor at Oaksterdam University in Oakland Ca.
Oaksterdam University has pioneered training for jobs in the
booming marijuana industry.

"The cookbook is retro in design and content, reminiscent of
classic Betty Crocker-type comfort foods. Some of Sandy's
favorites include mac and cheese, spicy buffalo wings, and
scalloped potatoes.

"The book visually demonstrates and reveals the process for
creating Sandy's 10x Cannabutter. It includes 40 easy-to-prepare,
delicious dishes from her signature dessert, Blue Sky Lemon Bars,
to the Dizzy Bird Turkey with Stuffing for a festive holiday
dinner. The book updates some of the classics with low-calorie,
vegetarian, vegan, sugar-free and gluten-free options.

"Each individual's potency level is different. The author teaches
how potency can be adjusted by the amount of plant material used
in the butter, oil or tincture.

"The American Medical Association has now recognized the medical
value of marijuana and the federal government has provided
medical marijuana to selected medical patients for many years."

Found a few videos with Sandy, too:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...edical&tbm=vid

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:20:17 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> wrote:

> > Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
> > it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!
> > "Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and Body"

> Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).
> I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35
> years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how
> it makes you feel.
> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
> it.
> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.
> Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would
> work better and it's legal.
> I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being
> legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.
> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
> to me.
>
> G.

Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating
nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you
may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.

Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michelle" > wrote in message
> On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:20:17 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:

>> > Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
>> > it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!
>> > "Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and
>> > Body"

>> Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).
>> I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35
>> years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how
>> it makes you feel.
>> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>> it.
>> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.
>> Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would
>> work better and it's legal.
>> I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being
>> legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.
>> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
>> to me.
>>
>> G.

> Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating
> nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you
> may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.
>
> Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.

and unfortunately, those facts are being exploited by just plain stoners.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:20:17 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
>> it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!
>>
>> "Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and Body"

>Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).
>I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35
>years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how
>it makes you feel.
>
>Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>it.
>
>People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.
>Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would
>work better and it's legal.
>
>I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being
>legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.
>
>But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
>to me.

Is this one of those posts where you're going to claim you were only
joking, or are you really a pig-headed ignorant arsehole?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
> >to me.

> Is this one of those posts where you're going to claim you were only
> joking, or are you really a pig-headed ignorant arsehole?

Not joking and it's only my personal opinion. Funny how many here get
their feathers all ruffled if you say something they don't agree with.
Again, I have nothing against it. If it were legal in my state, I
would grow it just because I like the look of the plants.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:54:36 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
>> >to me.

>> Is this one of those posts where you're going to claim you were only
>> joking, or are you really a pig-headed ignorant arsehole?

>Not joking and it's only my personal opinion. Funny how many here get
>their feathers all ruffled if you say something they don't agree with.

It's not simply because I don't agree with you. Thanks for the insult.
What you said was disparaging and insulting to a lot of people out
there who cannot get *any* help from pharmaceuticals.

It's no joke, if you took the time to investigate the uses and
efficacy of medical cannabis, you would discover how it has completely
transformed and in some cases saved many people's lives, when
absolutely nothing else works. And without the issues of long term
problems when using pharmaceuticals.

Here is an example - I chose this example because you can *see* the
difference for yourself, rather than other uses such as for cancer or
pain management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXe75TZYjJs
I think that's the one I was looking for - I can't view it due to lack
of bandwidth. Or look into how pure oil can literally eradicate
melanomas simply by applying it directly.

It's thinking like yours that perpetuates the myths and ignorance that
keeps many people in pain and misery.

>Again, I have nothing against it. If it were legal in my state, I
>would grow it just because I like the look of the plants.

I agree, they are very attractive plants.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-07-11 5:54 PM, Gary wrote:
> "Jeßus" wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney
>>> excuse to me.

>> Is this one of those posts where you're going to claim you were
>> only joking, or are you really a pig-headed ignorant arsehole?

> Not joking and it's only my personal opinion. Funny how many here
> get their feathers all ruffled if you say something they don't agree
> with.

It is not his brain speaking. It is the pot addled thinking. He
announced that he was KFing me when I dared to suggest that pot use can
lead to depression and paranoia. Rather than accepting it as fact or my
person experience, he seemed to have got paranoid over it. Go figger.

Again, I have nothing against it. If it were legal in my state,
> I would grow it just because I like the look of the plants.
>
> G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 11, 2014 4:26:41 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:
> "Michelle" > wrote in message

> >> Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).

> >> I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35

> >> years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how

> >> it makes you feel.

> >> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.

> >> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.

> >> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about

> >> it.

> >> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.

> >> Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would

> >> work better and it's legal.

> >> I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being

> >> legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.

> >> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse

> >> to me.

> >> G.

> > Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating

> > nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you

> > may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.

> > Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.

> and unfortunately, those facts are being exploited by just plain stoners.

The "stoners" psychiatric/neurological conditions might benefit from
marijuana. Mental disorders are not all illegitimate. I used it for
several years, then didn't need it anymore. Sure, I've used it
recreationally since then, many, many times, but I feel that I really
was effectively self-medicating. It played out.

Now, I think that it's come time for alcohol to become a thing of the past,
at least mostly, and for a while, completely. It took a lot of beer to get
me through the book, which was seriously painful. I finished the final revision 3 days ago, and haven't touched a drink since.

It's funny, but when I was nearing 16, I had no desire to get a driver
license because I knew that I liked to drink WAY too much to have any
business driving a car, and I didn't get a license until I was 22. I
figured, "Hey, I've got a skateboard."
Now, I'm 53, and am pretty much giving up drinking because I'm thinking
that I'm too old to have any business drinking beer the way I have been,
especially the past year, and the funny part is that I'm spending more
time skateboarding now, though not for transportation.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2014 4:51 PM, Michelle wrote:

> On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:20:17 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
>>> it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!
>>> "Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and Body"

>> Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).
>> I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35
>> years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how
>> it makes you feel.
>> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>> it.
>> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.
>> Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would
>> work better and it's legal.
>> I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being
>> legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.
>> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse
>> to me.
>>
>> G.

> Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating
> nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you
> may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.
>
> Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.

Didn't do anything for my back pain. I gave it a shot just to see if I
could get off of narcotic pain medication, but for me at least, there
was no pain relief effect. I'm happy for those who get relief from it.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:00:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -

Pot tastes awful. The best way to ingest it orally is to crush it, then
dampen it and heat it in a double boiler with some oil--you can saute it,
but that's stinkier than using the double boiler--then stuff it into empty
gelcaps.
Same with psilocybes, except they don't require cooking. Pulverize them
and put them in gelcaps.

Why eat a shitty tasting brownie when you could swallow two capsules,
chased with a sip of milk, then have the rest of the glass of milk with
a good tasting brownie?

> Lenona.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:06:49 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>Didn't do anything for my back pain. I gave it a shot just to see if I
>could get off of narcotic pain medication, but for me at least, there
>was no pain relief effect. I'm happy for those who get relief from it.

Works well for my lower back pain, thankfully!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:00:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>> Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -
>>

>Pot tastes awful. The best way to ingest it orally is to crush it, then
>dampen it and heat it in a double boiler with some oil--you can saute it,
>but that's stinkier than using the double boiler--then stuff it into empty
>gelcaps.
>Same with psilocybes, except they don't require cooking. Pulverize them
>and put them in gelcaps.
>
>Why eat a shitty tasting brownie when you could swallow two capsules,
>chased with a sip of milk, then have the rest of the glass of milk with
>a good tasting brownie?
>>
>> Lenona.

>--Bryan

Only brownies I ever make was Hash Brownies, and it was yummy, and OMG
so powerful! Only marijuana (cannabis) high I ever had where I
actually had mild visual hallucinations!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:01:47 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 11, 2014 4:26:41 PM UTC-5, Pico Rico wrote:

>> > Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating

>> > nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you

>> > may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.

>> > Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.

>> and unfortunately, those facts are being exploited by just plain stoners.

>The "stoners" psychiatric/neurological conditions might benefit from
>marijuana. Mental disorders are not all illegitimate. ...

I disagree, I was using it to self-medicate for my Bipolar Disorder,
and it was quite effective. But I had to quit, and Seroquel actually
works much better for me, as there are no side effects, for me.

I can see where cannabis may be effective for PTSD too, and other
anxiety problems. And the Cannabidiol-rich cannabis oil seems very
effective for certain seizure disorders. There are actual studies
being done recently that show anti-cancer properties as well as
growing neural tissue:

http://www.medpagetoday.com/psychiat...etystress/1934

http://www.medpagetoday.com/psychiat...etystress/1934

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2011...s-1003374.html

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 11, 2014 1:51:55 PM UTC-7, Michelle wrote:
> On Friday, July 11, 2014 9:20:17 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>
> > wrote:

> > > Found it yesterday. I'm surprised it's already almost four years old -

> > > it was clearly not a cheap underground publication!

> > > "Aunt Sandy's Medical Marijuana Cookbook: Comfort Food for Mind and Body"

> > Many years ago, I used to smoke marijuana (but I never inhaled heheh).

> > I also cooked it in food for a different effect. It's been about 35

> > years now since I quit using it but I do remember the effects and how

> > it makes you feel.

> > Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.

> > Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.

> > It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about

> > it.

> > People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.

> > Not at all. To me, if you want to deaden your pain, alcohol would

> > work better and it's legal.

> > I've used pot in the past, I don't have any problem with it being

> > legal. It should be. Just as alcohol is legal, so should pot be.

> > But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse

> > to me.

> > G.

> Medical studies have proven marijuana's effectiveness at combating
>
> nausea from chemotherapy, along with pain reduction. So while you
>
> may think it "sounds phony", actual medical professionals disagree.
>

> Fortunately, facts exist whether you "believe in" them or not.

lol, so true! One of my best friends suffered from MS for 12 years before she passed away.

Her doctor recommended trying marijuana. I'm not sure now if it was for pain, but I know that she did have nausea and not much pf an appetite so that may have been the reason.

A reason to legalize it is so that people who need it aren't made to feel like back-street druggies in their attempt to get some for their loved ones. I remember the difficulties her husband had; just what they needed while they tried to deal with this horrible disease.

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.

> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse to me.

I smoke weed every day. I am 67. I have never believed the medicinal claims for the weed. It's just a way of opening the door to legal recreational use. It may be good for staving off or helping those with glaucoma. My belief is that all ingested foods or medicines have side effects, some so minor they are not noticed - others, such as antihistamines for allergy sufferers, strong enough to be noticed and marketed under labels like SleepEeze or Sominex.

So I won't argue the medicinal benefits of weed. I doubt that it does anything for pain. I don't care. But it is sickening when people on either side of an argument feel they need to list benefits to the product that may not exist, just to get the product legalized. I guess maybe they had to do that. If some person comes out and says I'm full of it, that they use weed to stave off brutal headaches or nausea and get good result with it, that ultimately means nothing even if it's true for just that one person.

See Gary, even when I'm on a particular side of the fence on an issue, no matter which side I'm on, I still hope to maintain some distance from the dispute so I can get a better view of teh bullshit coming from both sides. People who get into the "issues" are often people who love to argue, because it's a safe hobby. Safe for people with some education but no imagination who feel secure in arguments where they already know the responses they're going to get from the other side. If you step way from the fence and look down from above, you will side that both sides are full of crap and will resort to all manner of deceit in futile efforts to prove themselves correct..

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:

> Works well for my lower back pain, thankfully!

I use it to relax or out of habit, not sure. Maybe both. If it works for your lower back, that is good. But as a human being, I too at some point have had pain or nausea or other conditions the pro medicinal crowd likes to say weed is good for. Maybe it works for some. Just legalize it for Christ's sake. I'll still buy it from the local street guy. I can't afford the good stuff on regular basis. The cops will have a field day hanging around outside weed-legal states waiting to pull over cars and administer weed tests, if the legal-state cops don't get to them first. The lawyers will love the lawsuits brought forth on the basis of weed induced accidents and even poisoning from edible weed overdoses, etc.

My point is, I'm a weed smoker and if they legalize it, that's all fine and good. They should legalize all drugs. But I won't discuss it because it's a waste of time. What I want to say - and am taking a long time getting to it - is that even if the weed is good for your lower back (and that is a good thing), does not mean it works for all, or even the majority. Hell, I've known guys who use speed to calm down. Everyone is different. In a way. A little bit.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.

> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you have no personal proof otherwise.

God, this only proves the point of my earlier post about taking sides on a particular issue. I smoke weed, so let's get that out of the way first. I believe it may have some medicinal benefits for some people.

But you citing "credible" medical articles to support your side of 'the issue" is no different from attorneys for the prosecution and defense bringing in "experts" to support their side of the story. God, it's sickening. It's so full of crap. Maybe weed has some medicinal benefits. But I agree with Gary - they are overrated and used as a way of opening the door to recreational weed use, which is fine with me. I am also aware that with legalization will come some unforseen negatives such as cops making more traffic stops, using special weed detecting machines on the spot to test their suspects, as well as really high prices. Some people will continue to use their regular dealers anyway. Some may flood to the stores, then run away when they find that taxes and other price-raising factors have made their cherished legal drug available regularly only to the few who can afford it.

Anyway, regarding the studies, the experts, the credibility, etc., - I know very well that those on the other side of the argument can trot out just as much 'evidence' to support their side of the issue. The issue. It's sickening. Just another way of getting out the vote - creating issues that border on 50/50 and go on for decades. Great for the lawyers and politicians..

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:50:50 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Je�us wrote:
>
>> Works well for my lower back pain, thankfully!

>I use it to relax or out of habit, not sure. Maybe both. If it works for your lower back, that is good. But as a human being, I too at some point have had pain or nausea or other conditions the pro medicinal crowd likes to say weed is good for. Maybe it works for some.

Like anything, it doesnt work for everyone. On an average day, smoking
high quality cannabis is effective for me, I usually use it once I'm
done for the day and ready for bed. When my back is really bad,
smoking isn't all that effective, but the butter I make certainly
is... but it is extremely strong and using it sparingly. A teaspoon is
plenty - and I can actually get some sleep! I can't tell you what a
relief that is to be able to do that...

>Just legalize it for Christ's sake. I'll still buy it from the local street guy.

Funnily enough, from what I have read, some of the states where it is
legal in the U.S still have a thriving black market because the legal
prices are ridiculously expensive. Here in Australia is still illegal,
but in practice is reasonably tolerated and many people (growers
included) get a 'caution' and have nothing put on their record.

I'd like to see it legalised. When I say legalised, I mean fully legal
for anyone to buy, sell and grow without conditions or caveats. The
U.S model needs revising, as it has some long term shortcomings, I
suspect that will happened eventually.

>I can't afford the good stuff on regular basis. The cops will have a field day hanging around outside weed-legal states waiting to pull over cars and administer weed tests, if the legal-state cops don't get to them first. The lawyers will love the lawsuits brought forth on the basis of weed induced accidents and even poisoning from edible weed overdoses, etc.

Poisoning? Cannabis is non-toxic and there never been a poisoning in
the history of mankind. There is no toxic dose.

>My point is, I'm a weed smoker and if they legalize it, that's all fine and good. They should legalize all drugs.

Agreed, they should legalise all drugs. There's just no point to
keeping any illegal. One of the worst and biggest drugs problems out
there now is Oxycontin - a prescription pain killer.

>But I won't discuss it because it's a waste of time. What I want to

say - and am taking a long time getting to it - is that even if the
weed is good for your lower back (and that is a good thing), does not
mean it works for all, or even the majority. Hell, I've known guys
who use speed to calm down. Everyone is different. In a way. A
little bit.

Of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Not joking and it's only my personal opinion. Funny how many here get their feathers all ruffled if you say something they don't agree with.

> Again, I have nothing against it. If it were legal in my state, I would grow it just because I like the look of the plants.

I don't know you Gary, but I get the feeling you are an honest guy. Sometimes, for honest people such as you and myself, being honest and having an opinion isn't good enough - it must lead to taking some kind of side in an already existing argument. I like to think I'm beyond that kind of crap. I think you are too. I have many opinions, and frankly, I value most of them more than the claimed facts cited by so-called experts.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:42:42 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> People that claim that it's for pain medication? I don't see that.

>> But this medical reason for legalizing it sounds like a phoney excuse to me.

>I smoke weed every day. I am 67. I have never believed the medicinal claims for the weed. It's just a way of opening the door to legal recreational use.

So you're another one. Do some research... even in your previous post
to me you were talking about 'cannabis poisoning', FFS...

>It may be good for staving off or helping those with glaucoma. My belief is that all ingested foods or medicines have side effects, some so minor they are not noticed - others, such as antihistamines for allergy sufferers, strong enough to be noticed and marketed under labels like SleepEeze or Sominex.
>
>So I won't argue the medicinal benefits of weed. I doubt that it does anything for pain.

Despite all the evidence. Amazing.
Tell me it doesnt help with my pain... LOL.

> I don't care.

You don't care and yet at the same time you won't bother to check your
facts. But you have a firm opinion all the same.

> But it is sickening when people on either side of an argument feel they need to list benefits to the product that may not exist, just to get the product legalized.

How can you possibly say that. There is ample, legitimate peer
reviewed research from mainstream sources that plainly state that it
does work. It's all available for you to read. But you won't, will
you? because your mind is made up and you don't care (as you say).

>I guess maybe they had to do that. If some person comes out and says I'm full of it, that they use weed to stave off brutal headaches or nausea and get good result with it, that ultimately means nothing even if it's true for just that one person.
>
>See Gary, even when I'm on a particular side of the fence on an issue, no matter which side I'm on, I still hope to maintain some distance from the dispute so I can get a better view of teh bullshit coming from both sides. People who get into the "issues" are often people who love to argue, because it's a safe hobby. Safe for people with some education but no imagination who feel secure in arguments where they already know the responses they're going to get from the other side. If you step way from the fence and look down from above, you will side that both sides are full of crap and will resort to all manner of deceit in futile efforts to prove themselves correct.

Your the one who is full of crap. What you're actually doing is
exactly what you claim you're *not* doing in the above paragraph. Can
you not see that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> It is not his brain speaking. It is the pot addled thinking. He announced that he was KFing me when I dared to suggest that pot use can lead to depression and paranoia. Rather than accepting it as fact or my person experience, he seemed to have got paranoid over it. Go figger.

I am aware of the issues - the ones that go on for decades and involve voters. Often, taking sides in such issues can lead to deceitful thinking - trying to win the debate at all costs. I see it from both sides. I am aware of the so-called issues, and I may tend to feel one way or the other about any one of them. But taking active sides, like those in the trenches of some of these stupid and endless war of words, tends to turn any discussion into a debate - and once that happens, deceit and lies and a whole bunch of bullshit comes pouring in from both sides. Step outside of any argument and you will see it.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:01:50 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Anyway, regarding the studies, the experts, the credibility, etc., - I know very well that those on the other side of the argument can trot out just as much 'evidence' to support their side of the issue.

Why don't you take your own advice and take a step back from your
fixation with the motives of the pro and anti sides of the argument,
and do your own research. There is ample scientific evidence that it
is highly effective for many people, for many aliments. You can't
change that fact, no matter how much you would like to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

`

> So you're another one. Do some research... even in your previous post to me you were talking about 'cannabis poisoning', FFS...

I'm not going to argue. Just because I mentioned cannabis poisoning does not mean I believe it happened in the cited cases. A person can OD on many things, vitamin pills included. You're making this an issue, which is fine for many, but not for me.

If I mentioned cannabis poisoning, it was in reference to an article from Colorado where in the first week of legalization some guy killed his wife and himself after using edible weed. The anti weed crowd had a field day with it. It gave them some ammo.

The guy had used other drugs and was drunk as well, plus he was mentally ill. So, if I mentioned cannibas poisoning it was only if reference to that. I was not saying it's a big concern. Anyone who cannot monitor their intake of any substance is going to get hurt. You are putting words in my mouth and trying to put my honest opinions and statements into one camp or the other. I don't join camps.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:07:16 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> Not joking and it's only my personal opinion. Funny how many here get their feathers all ruffled if you say something they don't agree with.

>> Again, I have nothing against it. If it were legal in my state, I would grow it just because I like the look of the plants.

>I don't know you Gary, but I get the feeling you are an honest guy. Sometimes, for honest people such as you and myself, being honest and having an opinion isn't good enough - it must lead to taking some kind of side in an already existing argument. I like to think I'm beyond that kind of crap.

You're not though. You're doing precisely the same thing.

>I think you are too. I have many opinions, and frankly, I value most of them more than the claimed facts cited by so-called experts.

Amazing. You don't care if mainstream science is correct or not (as
you stated previously) and yet at the same time are more concerned
about the politics and motives behind it.

Let's hope karma doesnt read your posts and gives you MS (for example)
one day. See how you go managing that with drugs other than cannabis.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:24:12 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Je�us wrote:
>Tommy Joe wrote:
>

>> I smoke weed every day. I am 67. I have never believed the medicinal claims for the weed. It's just a way of opening the door to legal recreational use.

>`
>
>> So you're another one. Do some research... even in your previous post to me you were talking about 'cannabis poisoning', FFS...

>I'm not going to argue. Just because I mentioned cannabis poisoning does not mean I believe it happened in the cited cases.

But it's never happened. Ever. Regardless of any case, cited or not.

> A person can OD on many things, vitamin pills included. You're making this an issue, which is fine for many, but not for me.

Yes, you can on vitamins. But you haven't explained how you can with
cannabis, because you can't.

>If I mentioned cannabis poisoning, it was in reference to an article from Colorado where in the first week of legalization some guy killed his wife and himself after using edible weed.

You have a different idea what 'poisoning' is to mine, that's all I
can say.

> The anti weed crowd had a field day with it. It gave them some ammo.
>The guy had used other drugs and was drunk as well, plus he was mentally ill. So, if I mentioned cannibas poisoning it was only if reference to that.

Yep, no doubt. Not clear on why you brought this up in the context of
our discussion when you already acknowledge it really wasn't cannabis
that caused this incident?

>I was not saying it's a big concern. Anyone who cannot monitor their intake of any substance is going to get hurt.

Indeed. And that includes food, too.

>You are putting words in my mouth and trying to put my honest opinions and statements into one camp or the other.

I'm not following you here, I don't understand what you're saying? How
am I putting words in your mouth? You are making statements and
opinions that fly in the face of pure facts - and yet you've said
previously you don't care about the facts. What or how else am I
supposed to respond?

>I don't join camps.

You keep on about this. I'm not interested, I don't care, and it isn't
relevant. It doesnt matter, as it's a side issue and doesnt alter
scientific facts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:16:15 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> It is not his brain speaking. It is the pot addled thinking. He announced that he was KFing me when I dared to suggest that pot use can lead to depression and paranoia. Rather than accepting it as fact or my person experience, he seemed to have got paranoid over it. Go figger.

That's a blatant distortion of our actual conversation.
Provide the evidence, the posts are still there.

>I am aware of the issues - the ones that go on for decades and involve voters. Often, taking sides in such issues can lead to deceitful thinking - trying to win the debate at all costs. I see it from both sides. I am aware of the so-called issues, and I may tend to feel one way or the other about any one of them. But taking active sides, like those in the trenches of some of these stupid and endless war of words, tends to turn any discussion into a debate - and once that happens, deceit and lies and a whole bunch of bullshit comes pouring in from both sides. Step outside of any argument and you will see it.

Once again... You're clearly only interested in the motives and
politics behind the pro and anti crowds, and not whether it is
efficacious or not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2014 4:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:20:17 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>> it.

> More "Majors" Ignorance.
>
> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you
> could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.
> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs
> either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you
> have no personal proof otherwise.
>
> -sw

I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
more chemo.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 11:27 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
> more chemo.

Oh, Janet! Life can be so unfair.
Medical marijuana is available in NJ - I believe there's a (legal)
supplier in Montclair..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 7/11/2014 4:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:20:17 -0400, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>>> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>>> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>>> it.

>> More "Majors" Ignorance.
>>
>> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you
>> could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.
>> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs
>> either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you
>> have no personal proof otherwise.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
> more chemo.

I am very sorry to hear that, Janet Keep your spirits up. You have
fought it before and will again!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeus wrote:

> Yep, no doubt. Not clear on why you brought this up in the context of our discussion when you already acknowledge it really wasn't cannabis that caused this incident?

> I was not saying it's a big concern. Anyone who cannot monitor their intake of any substance is going to get hurt.

Jeezus H Goddamn Shit-Eating Christ, why do you keep saying I said things I never said? Maybe I'm not the best writer in the world and maybe you could brush up on your reading as well. There must be a communications problem.. Maybe you want it that way. I don't know.

Yes, I mentioned an incident reported in the news (more than once), about someone ODing on edible cannabis - with deaths involved - which does mean I believed it word for word. I am able to read between the lines and am aware that headlines are designed to lure readers in.

It was a news article. A bunch of words. The truth delivered all packed up in lies. Two separate incidents of people dying from edible weed overdoses were mentioned - one guy who killed his wife and then committed suicide. The other one jumped off a building or something, can't recall exactly - doesn't matter.

After getting into the article a while they start to unleash more facts, such as mentioning that the guy who killed his wife and himself was also blasted out on booze and pills and had a history of mental illness. I never said I believed the article word for word. If you think I said that, you must be referring to a comment from someone else.

I'm sick of arguing. I never said pot could not be good for some people's ailments. I said, as did Gary and a few others in this thread, that examples of weed's medicinal benefits have been and continue to be over-stated by the pro marijuana lobby. I never said I believed it is useless medicincally, only that it is over-stated. And I still believe that regardless or your issues or those of some other individual you know or others you may read about.

I would prefer to see it legalized period, without the medicinal aspect being promoted all the time. It is only my opinion - I admitted that - and so what, my opinion is as good as that of the 'experts' who oddly are never in agreement and can be bought by attorneys on both sides of the argument. But if it helps one person, that's good enough for me. Let them use it on that basis. As for me, I don't need a bunch of reasons.

The same thing applies to capital punishment. I am opposed to it but am not actively involved and will not be. The anti capital punishment crowd loves it every time an execution is botched as maybe that will sway the 'undecided' to their side, in the same way that those opposed to legal weed can't wait for people to die from pot edibles so they can jump all over it.

Some people claim to be opposed to capital punishment on the basis that an innocent person could get executed. But that person is not against capital punishment, in the same way that people who cry because a bunch of body bags are coming back from war. They are not really against the war, they're just bitching because it didn't end as fast as they thought it would. All these issues bring out the liar in people.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:

> Once again... You're clearly only interested in the motives and politics behind the pro and anti crowds, and not whether it is efficacious or not.

Yeah, I made it clear that was my only, or main, interest - so what? What I'm looking for is interesting and intelligent conversation, not back and forth debating of never-ending issues with both sides providing statements and responses all of which have been heard before. People love those kind of arguments. Er, debates. They are comforted by knowing the argument ahead of time. They can be sure if they say one thing it will be followed by a predicable response for which they already have another answer prepared. Same with the other side. You're damned right I'm not interested in getting into that discussion. Sorry, it is simply not interesting or intelligent enough for me. Even more importantly, most important of all - it is simply not honest enough for me. That's why I liked Gary's response, he admitted he was all opinion. His opinion - and mine - carry as much weight as the statements of so-called experts who, as mentioned before, can be trotted out by attorneys to take either side of an on-going argument whose main purpose is to get a bunch of stupid people to vote for politicians taking one side or the other depending on how the wind is blowing.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 10:45 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:27:09 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:

>>> More "Majors" Ignorance.
>>>
>>> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you
>>> could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.
>>> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs
>>> either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you
>>> have no personal proof otherwise.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
>> more chemo.

> Very sorry to read that and wish you much luck. The mj does not work
> for everyone, did work very well for Davids pain level but your
> mileage might have varied anyway. Could you think of growing a
> couple of plants for your own usage ? I felt sure if I was caught,
> they would understand why. The day that he had the cop sitting at the
> table with a plant in between them, one can be certain the cop knew,
> but rightly assessed the situation and did nothing.
>
> Or get someone to purchase you some so you could check. I don't know
> about Texas but if I wanted something like that here, my first thought
> would be a cab driver
>
> Anyway, bad news but I hope it improves from hereon.

Thanks for the great advice. Unfortunately I don't know where to get
seeds. I could probably grow it in my yard

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 10:46 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 7/12/2014 11:27 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
>> more chemo.
>>

> Oh, Janet! Life can be so unfair.
> Medical marijuana is available in NJ - I believe there's a (legal)
> supplier in Montclair..

I wonder if my kids in NJ can mail it to Texas.

I'm going to do this chemo for two courses, each three weeks with an
infusion once a week and then a week off. After that we'll do a PET
scan and if it's gone, we'll quit. If it becomes too much for me, I
will quit, too. The chemo I had last summer nearly did me in. I was so
very, very sick that I'd rather deal with impending death from cancer
than with their "cures". Let's hope and pray that this chemo does the
trick. The spots on the PET scan are tiny and wouldn't even show in a
CT. They are nothing as huge as what I had last summer.

I am starting to believe that this cancer is not curable, only
"manageable" and I will have to decide whether or not I want to take
months out of my life to do chemo every year or not.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 11:02 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> b.com...

>>> More "Majors" Ignorance.
>>>
>>> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you
>>> could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.
>>> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs
>>> either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you
>>> have no personal proof otherwise.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I
>> need more chemo.

> I am very sorry to hear that, Janet Keep your spirits up. You have
> fought it before and will again!!!

I'm just not ready to die. I have places to see before that. I will
fight as long as I can, but I will not live with the sickness and
debilitation I had from the chemo last summer.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 11:27 AM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 7/11/2014 4:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:20:17 -0400, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Honestly...I see absolutely NO medical reason to use marijuana.
>>> Seriously. It gets you high and will give you the muchies later on.
>>> It might increase your appetite and make you happy but that's about
>>> it.

>> More "Majors" Ignorance.
>>
>> Maybe you need to get really sick to understand. Short of that you
>> could read the hundreds of credible medical articles on the subject.
>> I bet you wouldn't see any value in shooting up rooster coxcombs
>> either. Or about 90% of any other medical treatments just because you
>> have no personal proof otherwise.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> I wish I could get it in Texas. Looks like my cancer is back and I need
> more chemo.

Oh, Janet. I'm *so* sorry to hear that.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2014 10:07 PM, Jeßus wrote:

> Agreed, they should legalise all drugs. There's just no point to
> keeping any illegal. One of the worst and biggest drugs problems out
> there now is Oxycontin - a prescription pain killer.

While I know oxy is a problem, I think meth is more of a problem and I'd
never agree that meth should be legalized. Or cocaine. I've seen too
many people nearly ruin their lives using either one of them.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:06:49 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
> >Didn't do anything for my back pain. I gave it a shot just to see if I
> >could get off of narcotic pain medication, but for me at least, there
> >was no pain relief effect. I'm happy for those who get relief from it.

> Works well for my lower back pain, thankfully!

What is the cause of your lower back pain? Have you ever considered
fixing the problem rather than just covering up the pain?

I rarely use pain medication. I'd rather know just how my body feels
without drugs.

If pain ever gets chonic, I'll consider trying the weed again to see
if it helps but I remain skeptical. I smoked it for 7 years (many
years ago) and I just don't see much or any medical benefits about it.

I did look is up and what I read seems to support my opinion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/12/2014 9:18 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 19:14:07 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the great advice. Unfortunately I don't know where to get
>> seeds. I could probably grow it in my yard

> It takes a fair amount of work to grow decent pot. And somebody would
> steal it in your yard.
>
> Try asking your doctor(s). Especially the oncologists. You might be
> surprised.
>
> -sw

I could, but I wouldn't think he would approve. He's one of those
"Bless You, Praise the L-rd" kind of people if you know what I mean.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas