Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken with snow peas and broccoli

To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
foods often. Served with basmati rice.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:34:34 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>
>http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.

koko

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2014 11:45 PM, koko wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:34:34 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
>> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>> and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>> oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>> foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>>
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

> Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.
>
> koko

Thanks Koko! It was hard to stop myself to go for a second plate. I
walked the treadmill an hour after eating so that helps digestion for
eating so late. I have lots of leftovers of this dish. I forgot to
mention the sauce was thickened with cornstarch.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl > wrote:
> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions, and
> a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame oil,
> little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy foods
> often. Served with basmati rice.
>
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

Nice, what oyster sauce do you use? I've gone through just about every
brand at the local Asian store but always come back to Lee Kum Kee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2014 9:34 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
> and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
> oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
> foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>
> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

looks good

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>
>http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

I'd eat that. Ingredients sound fine.
I'd add celery, bok choy, and 'shrooms... ginger too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/27/2014 5:40 AM, Oregonian Haruspex wrote:

> Cheryl > wrote:
>> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
>> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions, and
>> a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame oil,
>> little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy foods
>> often. Served with basmati rice.
>>
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

> Nice, what oyster sauce do you use? I've gone through just about every
> brand at the local Asian store but always come back to Lee Kum Kee.

It was in the pic. KA*ME it looks like. From the grocery store.
http://www.kame.com/node/58

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/27/2014 10:45 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:34:34 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
>> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>> and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>> oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>> foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>>
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

> I'd eat that. Ingredients sound fine.
> I'd add celery, bok choy, and 'shrooms... ginger too.

Thank you Sheldon. Was that so hard? JK LOL

I have celery on hand but didn't want that flavor. No bok choy on hand,
and I hate mushrooms. I put ginger in it, though.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2014 11:45 PM, koko wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:34:34 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
>> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>> and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>> oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>> foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>>
>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

> Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.
>
> koko

Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
that.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 6/26/2014 11:45 PM, koko wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:34:34 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> To keep up with the photos lately, here is my dinner. Very late dinner.
>>> Chicken with fresh snow peas, frozen broccoli, fresh garlic, onions,
>>> and a sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, a little toasted sesame
>>> oil, little bit of oyster sauce and seasonings. I added some red pepper
>>> flakes, and wow, what a kick. Then again, I'm not one to eat spicy
>>> foods often. Served with basmati rice.
>>>
>>> http://oi57.tinypic.com/nl390i.jpg

>> Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.
>>
>> koko
>>

>Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>that.

Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
into your stir-fry.

koko

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>>On 6/26/2014 11:45 PM, koko wrote:

>>> Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.
>>>
>>> koko
>>>

>>Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>>anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>>that.

> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
> into your stir-fry.

Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2014 12:43 AM, koko wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/26/2014 11:45 PM, koko wrote:

>>> Looks wonderful. The seasonings sound just perfect.
>>>
>>> koko
>>>

>> Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>> anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>> that.

> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
> into your stir-fry.
>
> koko

I've read a little about that since it was brought up here. I'll do
that. How are you supposed to tell if you've done it right? Does it
affect your blood sugar differently?

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2014 5:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "koko" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:

>>> Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>>> anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>>> that.

>> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
>> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
>> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
>> into your stir-fry.

> Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )

She certainly does. You're missing out on some of her goodies, not
being on FB. I've learned a lot reading there.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 7/7/2014 5:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "koko" > wrote in message

>>> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
>>> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
>>> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
>>> into your stir-fry.

>> Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )
>>

> She certainly does. You're missing out on some of her goodies, not being
> on FB. I've learned a lot reading there.

Then you must convince her to post more of them here)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 10:15:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:

>>>Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>>>anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>>>that.

>> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
>> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
>> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
>> into your stir-fry.

>Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )

Thank you Ophelia. Just did a lot of research and found what works for
me and hope that helps other too.

koko

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:32:29 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 7/7/2014 5:15 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "koko" > wrote in message

>>> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
>>> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
>>> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
>>> into your stir-fry.

>> Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )
>>

>She certainly does. You're missing out on some of her goodies, not
>being on FB. I've learned a lot reading there.

Thank you Cheryl for the nice compliment. I'm happy if some of what I
try works for you too.

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:31:26 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 7/7/2014 12:43 AM, koko wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 02:47:50 -0400, Cheryl >
>> wrote:

>>> Now after the latest turn of events, paleo diet, I can't make the rice
>>> anymore. Oh well. It really is my favorite way to do a stir fry like
>>> that.

>> Cheryl, make it in the form of a resistant starch. Cook the rice, then
>> chill. When you re-heat it, the higher temperature you re-heat your
>> rice to, the less R.S is left; so make it the last thing you toss it
>> into your stir-fry.
>>
>> koko
>>

>I've read a little about that since it was brought up here. I'll do
>that. How are you supposed to tell if you've done it right? Does it
>affect your blood sugar differently?

Just don't re-heat the rice or your beans too high. I only re-heat to
about room temperature, enough to take the chill off but not so high
it damages any RS that's built up, that way I can enjoy one more
thing on my Paleo/primal lifestyle.

From what I've read, and I quote from Free the animal when eating RS,
"BG won't rise, and it will significantly blunt spikes from other
foods." Since I don't have a BG issue I haven't studied that factor of
RS.
Here's a good read on it
http://freetheanimal.com/2013/12/res...r-newbies.html

koko
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2014 8:13 PM, koko wrote:

> From what I've read, and I quote from Free the animal when eating
> RS, "BG won't rise, and it will significantly blunt spikes from
> other foods." Since I don't have a BG issue I haven't studied that
> factor of RS. Here's a good read on it
> http://freetheanimal.com/2013/12/res...r-newbies.html
>
> koko

Thanks. I actually like reheated rice, and I can do it so it isn't too
hot, so that will be a treat for me.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:32:29 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:

>>> Posted by someone who really knows how a paleo diet works )
>>>

>>She certainly does. You're missing out on some of her goodies, not
>>being on FB. I've learned a lot reading there.

> Thank you Cheryl for the nice compliment. I'm happy if some of what I
> try works for you too.

Please post them here? I don't do FB.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 21:13:28 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 7/7/2014 8:13 PM, koko wrote:
>
>> From what I've read, and I quote from Free the animal when eating
>> RS, "BG won't rise, and it will significantly blunt spikes from
>> other foods." Since I don't have a BG issue I haven't studied that
>> factor of RS. Here's a good read on it
>> http://freetheanimal.com/2013/12/res...r-newbies.html
>>
>> koko
>>

>Thanks. I actually like reheated rice, and I can do it so it isn't too
>hot, so that will be a treat for me.

One breakfast I really enjoy, and it holds me till way past lunch
time, is warmed rice with a fried egg on top.

koko

REC: bourbon chicken with snow peas Jackie Patti[_2_] Diabetic 1 06-12-2007 11:58 PM
Chinese Chicken Livers with Snow Peas Jenn Bartimus[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-09-2007 10:13 AM
Snow peas and tomatoes Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-10-2005 02:11 PM
Marinated Snow Peas Tim Recipes 0 02-04-2005 01:29 AM
Wasabi Snow Peas International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 17-05-2004 05:21 AM