Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ANNOUNCE: Chinese Cookbook by Grace Hao

On Friday, December 30, 1994 5:59:49 PM UTC-5, May Lee wrote:
> HAPPY NEW YEAR!
>
> After visiting Grace (my mother-in-law!) for Xmas, I promised to
> help spread the word over the Internet for her. If you have any
> questions, please send me e-mail: Our whole
> family is so proud of her! For those in the SF Bay Area, we have
> a few copies out here if you'd rather not go through mail order.
>
> May
> a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
>
> So without further ado...
> o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o
> | |
> | Chinese Cooking with Grace |
> | by Grace Hao |
> | |
> | Are you interested in *healthy* authentic Chinese recipes? |
> | If so, check out Grace Hao's premier edition cookbook. |
> | |
> | The 177 page cookbook has over 120 recipes in these categories: |
> | o Appetizers o Soups o Poultry |
> | o Seafood o Pork o Beef |
> | o Eggs & Bean Curd o Vegetables o Rice, Bread & Noodles |
> | o Snacks & Desserts |
> | |
> | PLUS sections on: |
> | o Menu Planning (family dinners or entertaining banquets) |
> | o Kitchen utensils o Cutting Techniques |
> | o Cooking Techniques o Servings & Measurements |
> | |
> | Cookbooks may be purchased at Davis Kidd Bookstores in Knoxville, |
> | TN or by mail. Send a check payable for $20 to Grace Hao at: |
> | |
> | Cooking w/Grace, 7132 Wellington Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919 |
> | |
> |---------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | |
> | ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Raised in Szechwan, China, Grace Hao settled |
> | in Knoxville, TN & quickly became a regional cooking celebrity. |
> | She has taught a popular Chinese cooking class since 1974. With |
> | hundreds of loyal students & years of cooking expertise behind |
> | her, Grace is proud to offer her first cookbook. |
> | |
> | "Grace Hao completely altered the East TN food scene...many local |
> | chefs attended her classes...her recipes were superb." |
> | |
> | Louise Durman, Food Editor, Knoxville News Sentinel 11/30/94 |
> | |
> o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

I have her cookbook. We taught together in Knoxville. Her book is wonderful and her recipes are better than Joyce Chens (Boston).
Peggy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:08:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> I have her cookbook. We taught together in Knoxville. Her book is wonderful and her recipes are better than Joyce Chens (Boston).
>
> Peggy

Dumbass Peggy just replied to a 20 year old post. Poor old retarded fart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Friday, December 30, 1994 5:59:49 PM UTC-5, May Lee wrote:
>> HAPPY NEW YEAR!
>>
>> After visiting Grace (my mother-in-law!) for Xmas, I promised to
>> help spread the word over the Internet for her. If you have any
>> questions, please send me e-mail:
Our whole
>> family is so proud of her! For those in the SF Bay Area, we have
>> a few copies out here if you'd rather not go through mail order.
>>
>> May
>> a.k.a. Ms. Purple!!
>>
>> So without further ado...
>> o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o
>> | |
>> | Chinese Cooking with Grace |
>> | by Grace Hao |
>> | |
>> | Are you interested in *healthy* authentic Chinese recipes? |
>> | If so, check out Grace Hao's premier edition cookbook. |
>> | |
>> | The 177 page cookbook has over 120 recipes in these categories: |
>> | o Appetizers o Soups o Poultry |
>> | o Seafood o Pork o Beef |
>> | o Eggs& Bean Curd o Vegetables o Rice, Bread& Noodles |
>> | o Snacks& Desserts |
>> | |
>> | PLUS sections on: |
>> | o Menu Planning (family dinners or entertaining banquets) |
>> | o Kitchen utensils o Cutting Techniques |
>> | o Cooking Techniques o Servings& Measurements |
>> | |
>> | Cookbooks may be purchased at Davis Kidd Bookstores in Knoxville, |
>> | TN or by mail. Send a check payable for $20 to Grace Hao at: |
>> | |
>> | Cooking w/Grace, 7132 Wellington Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919 |
>> | |
>> |---------------------------------------------------------------------|
>> | |
>> | ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Raised in Szechwan, China, Grace Hao settled |
>> | in Knoxville, TN& quickly became a regional cooking celebrity. |
>> | She has taught a popular Chinese cooking class since 1974. With |
>> | hundreds of loyal students& years of cooking expertise behind |
>> | her, Grace is proud to offer her first cookbook. |
>> | |
>> | "Grace Hao completely altered the East TN food scene...many local |
>> | chefs attended her classes...her recipes were superb." |
>> | |
>> | Louise Durman, Food Editor, Knoxville News Sentinel 11/30/94 |
>> | |
>> o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~ o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o

> I have her cookbook. We taught together in Knoxville. Her book is wonderful and her recipes are better than Joyce Chens (Boston).
> Peggy

Sounds interesting. Are there a lot of Sichuanese recipes? Are there
esoteric one?

It is kind-of unfair to compare an old Chinese cookbook to a newer one.
When Joyce Chen wrote her cookbook, it was extremely hard, if not
impossible to find Chinese ingredients. By the mid-90s, that was no
longer true.

(Joyce Chen herself eventually opened a large store in Arlington,
Massachusetts, and it went a great way toward changing that situation.
The store closed a long time ago, alas. The small and deficient store
in Acton, Mass. also closed.)