FoodBanter.com

-   -   Quick cream soup (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/427264-quick-cream-soup.html)

Melba's Jammin' 21-01-2014 07:13 PM

Quick cream soup

Sometimes I astonish myself with my cleverness.

One night last week I made Chicken à la Stuff for dinner. i was
excellent and I made way too much.

Last night I ran a bunch of it through the blender with some cooked
asparagus and ended up with a very nice cream soup. You may add this to
your recipe folder as Barb's Quick Cream Soup.

You're welcome.
--
Barb,
http://www.barbschaller.com, as of April 8, 2013.

Jeßus[_3_] 21-01-2014 08:52 PM

Quick cream soup

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:13:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Sometimes I astonish myself with my cleverness.
>
>One night last week I made Chicken à la Stuff for dinner. i was
>excellent and I made way too much.
>
>Last night I ran a bunch of it through the blender with some cooked
>asparagus and ended up with a very nice cream soup. You may add this to
>your recipe folder as Barb's Quick Cream Soup.
>
>You're welcome.

You obviously have very poor self-esteem :)

Melba's Jammin' 21-01-2014 11:05 PM

Quick cream soup

In article >,
Jeßus > wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:13:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Sometimes I astonish myself with my cleverness.
> >
> >One night last week I made Chicken à la Stuff for dinner. i was
> >excellent and I made way too much.
> >
> >Last night I ran a bunch of it through the blender with some cooked
> >asparagus and ended up with a very nice cream soup. You may add this to
> >your recipe folder as Barb's Quick Cream Soup.
> >
> >You're welcome.

> You obviously have very poor self-esteem :)

I appreciate your perception. :-P

Tara 21-01-2014 11:59 PM

Quick cream soup

Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
topped with shredded cheese.

Tara

jmcquown[_2_] 22-01-2014 02:47 AM

Quick cream soup

On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
> Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
> of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
> topped with shredded cheese.
>
> Tara

Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
then heated. ;)

Jill

Dave Smith[_1_] 22-01-2014 03:01 AM

Quick cream soup

On 1/21/2014 9:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
>> Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
>> of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
>> topped with shredded cheese.
>>
>> Tara
>>

> Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
> potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
> then heated. ;)

That could be good. A few months ago I had a soup and sandwich special
at a local diner. The soup was called Farmer's soup and it was basically
left overs. There were bits of beef, sausages, bacon, green beans and
navy beans, carrots and stuff. It was delicious.

Nancy Young[_7_] 22-01-2014 04:21 AM

Quick cream soup

On 1/21/2014 9:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
>> Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
>> of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
>> topped with shredded cheese.

> Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
> potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
> then heated. ;)

I made soup out of leftover stuffed peppers, chopped them up and
added chicken broth.

nancy

Cheryl[_3_] 23-01-2014 01:33 AM

Quick cream soup

On 1/21/2014 2:13 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Sometimes I astonish myself with my cleverness.
>
> One night last week I made Chicken à la Stuff for dinner. i was
> excellent and I made way too much.
>
> Last night I ran a bunch of it through the blender with some cooked
> asparagus and ended up with a very nice cream soup. You may add this to
> your recipe folder as Barb's Quick Cream Soup.
>
> You're welcome.

It reminds me of segments they have on "The Chew", Is It Blendable?
Pretty funny some of the things they try to blend to make a smoothie or
whatever they're trying to make.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Melba's Jammin' 23-01-2014 03:14 PM

Quick cream soup

In article >,
jmcquown > wrote:

> On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
> > Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
> > of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
> > topped with shredded cheese.
> >
> > Tara
> >

> Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
> potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
> then heated. ;)
>
> Jill

I wrote about my version several years ago -- jeez, it doesn't seem like
it was THAT long ago!
http://www.barbschaller.com/Blahblah..._The_Soupifica
tion_of_Scalloped_Potatoes.html

Melba's Jammin' 23-01-2014 03:15 PM

Quick cream soup

In article >,
Nancy Young > wrote:

> On 1/21/2014 9:47 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> > On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
> >> Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
> >> of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
> >> topped with shredded cheese.

> > Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
> > potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
> > then heated. ;)

> I made soup out of leftover stuffed peppers, chopped them up and
> added chicken broth.
>
> nancy

Interesting. How'd the peppers do? I'm not a fan of stuffed peppers.
:-\

jmcquown[_2_] 23-01-2014 03:35 PM

Quick cream soup

On 1/23/2014 10:14 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> On 1/21/2014 6:59 PM, Tara wrote:
>>> Your soup sounds very nice! It can make friends with the soup I made out
>>> of leftover mashed potatoes and gravy, thinned out with chicken broth and
>>> topped with shredded cheese.
>>>
>>> Tara
>>>

>> Don't tell anyone (LOL) but I once made soup from leftover au gratin
>> potatoes with some chicken broth and a little more milk, blenderized
>> then heated. ;)
>>
>> Jill

> I wrote about my version several years ago -- jeez, it doesn't seem like
> it was THAT long ago!
> http://www.barbschaller.com/Blahblah..._The_Soupifica
> tion_of_Scalloped_Potatoes.html

Time, it does fly! I found it to be a good way to use up the au gratin
potatoes. I didn't have a separate freezer at the time. As you said in
that blog entry, Musgovian! :)

Jill

Bryan-TGWWW 23-01-2014 03:43 PM

Quick cream soup

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:52:25 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:13:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>
> > wrote:
>

> >Sometimes I astonish myself with my cleverness.

The old dog learned a new trick?

> >One night last week I made Chicken � la Stuff for dinner. i was

> >excellent and I made way too much.

> >Last night I ran a bunch of it through the blender with some cooked

> >asparagus and ended up with a very nice cream soup. You may add this to

> >your recipe folder as Barb's Quick Cream Soup.

> >You're welcome.

> You obviously have very poor self-esteem :)

No, it was obviously a typo. She meant Barb's Quick Cream Slop.

--Bryan