Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carving Knife

We celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my wife's 92-year-old Aunt,
who did a wonderful job preparing a very complete meal - turkey, three
different kind of cranberry relish, and countless vegetable and starch
dishes, all of which were great, and all necessary to feed the large
appetites at the table which included me and our 21- and 17-year-old
boys among a total of 8 people.

But her carving knife didn't do a very good job - she found it difficult
to use, and did my wife and I - so we now are faced with two questions.
Should we get her carving knife sharpened - we think it's a good one but
none of us know much about knives - and if so, where? Or should we just
buy her a new carving knife for Christmas and, if so, what should we get
her?

Any comments and suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance.

-S-