Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default tic tac technique

I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
(video)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> (video)

I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:45:33 -0000, Janet > wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> > technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> > (video)

> I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.

I keep them in the car. It never fails that I feel like I haven't
brushed my teeth in a year as soon as I get inside the car (doesn't
matter if I brushed just before leaving the house or not).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> technique?
>
> http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> (video)

I can do it but because I used the containers wrong all these many years, I
still do it wrong usually. I did show this to Angela and her friends. But
that didn't stop her friends from eating an entire box of them at once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:45:33 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> says...
>> >
>> > I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
>> > technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
>> > (video)

>> I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.
>>

> I keep them in the car. It never fails that I feel like I haven't
> brushed my teeth in a year as soon as I get inside the car (doesn't
> matter if I brushed just before leaving the house or not).

I keep them in my van but I am not usually the one who eats them.
Invariably, the passenger sees them and asks about them. I have a little
slot there that holds 3 packs. Not sure what it is there for. I also keep
some Altoids in my ashtray along with some coins and a ratty looking bundle
of ponytail holder, hair net and bobby pins for making a ballet bun.

I also keep some Wisps in my console. Those are great if you forget to
brush your teeth or just feel like you didn't. I brought some to my dad
when he was recently in the hospital because at that point he was too weak
to stand up so couldn't brush his teeth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:45:33 -0000, Janet wrote:
>
>> I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.

> I don't carry them on my person (includes my backpack) because of the
> damned noise they make when you walk.

Yeah. And then people hear them and ask you for one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:45:33 -0000, Janet wrote:
>
>> I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.

> I don't carry them on my person (includes my backpack) because of the
> damned noise they make when you walk.

they are great for rattlesnake practical jokes when camping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In article >,
>
> says...
>

> > I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the

> > technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/

> > (video)

> I can't remember, haven't eaten a tic tac for about half a century.

I remember when visiting Prague in the late 70's that Tic-Tacs had just been introduced for sale. This then being a communist country, they were the "cool" thing to have. They were produced locally, under license from their German maker. Other western brands of things (locally produced under license and widely available) were Coca Cola and Marlboro cigarettes...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2013 1:06 PM, sf wrote:

> I keep them in the car. It never fails that I feel like I haven't
> brushed my teeth in a year as soon as I get inside the car (doesn't
> matter if I brushed just before leaving the house or not).

Two packs in the center console. On a long drive the sugar boost is
good too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> technique?
>
> http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> (video)
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I didn't know it til just now.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:27:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> > technique?
> >
> > http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> > (video)

> I can do it but because I used the containers wrong all these many years, I
> still do it wrong usually. I did show this to Angela and her friends. But
> that didn't stop her friends from eating an entire box of them at once.

I'm in awe. HOW do you get just *one* on the lid without pushing a
few back into the container?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:27:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
>> > technique?
>> >
>> > http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
>> > (video)

>> I can do it but because I used the containers wrong all these many years,
>> still do it wrong usually. I did show this to Angela and her friends.
>> But
>> that didn't stop her friends from eating an entire box of them at once.

> I'm in awe. HOW do you get just *one* on the lid without pushing a
> few back into the container?

It works. You just tip it back and it works. Most people just dump them
into their hand like I usually do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 01:46:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:27:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> I can do it but because I used the containers wrong all these many years,
> >> still do it wrong usually. I did show this to Angela and her friends.
> >> But
> >> that didn't stop her friends from eating an entire box of them at once.

> > I'm in awe. HOW do you get just *one* on the lid without pushing a
> > few back into the container?

> It works. You just tip it back and it works. Most people just dump them
> into their hand like I usually do.

I said I was in awe, because I've actually tried it more than once and
that wasn't the case for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...

I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
technique?

http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
(video)

I just tried it for the first time and it worked.
A Tic-Tac tale: When my youngest was about 3, he stuck one up his nose. You
can imagine the burning, stinging, crying, and screaming!
By the time we got to the pediatrician, it was mostly melted,so the doctor
flushed the rest of it with saline. She and the nurses couldn't help
laughing!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:43:15 -0500, "bhigh" >
wrote:

> "sf" wrote in message ...
>

> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> technique?
>
> http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> (video)
>
> I just tried it for the first time and it worked.

Thanks. Guess I'm the eternal klutz then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

>I remember when visiting Prague in the late 70's that Tic-Tacs had just been introduced for sale.
>This then being a communist country, they were the "cool" thing to have.

I don't like Tic Tacs, in their unimaginative noisy container.

PEZ dispensers are more fun. A girl I knew in JHS had a PEZ dispenser
dressed in tiny clothing, rigged to pop the candy out from a boy's
crotch, she always made sure to have an audience while partaking and
with exaggerated relish. She'd often have a girl share but the boys
wouldn't dare. hehe
There are giant vibrating pez dispenser dildos too.

But for breath freshening Choward's Violets work far better... and
they're such a *** shade. LOL
http://badassdigest.com/2010/11/12/a...owards-violet/
http://www.chowardcompany.com/products.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Howard's_Violet_candies
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 01:46:55 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:27:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>> > I'm in awe. HOW do you get just *one* on the lid without pushing a
>> > few back into the container?

>> It works. You just tip it back and it works. Most people just dump them
>> into their hand like I usually do.

> I said I was in awe, because I've actually tried it more than once and
> that wasn't the case for me.

Hmmm... Well it worked for me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bhigh" > wrote in message

> "sf" wrote in message ...
>

> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
> technique?
>
> http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
> (video)
>
> I just tried it for the first time and it worked.
> A Tic-Tac tale: When my youngest was about 3, he stuck one up his nose.
> You can imagine the burning, stinging, crying, and screaming!
> By the time we got to the pediatrician, it was mostly melted,so the
> doctor flushed the rest of it with saline. She and the nurses couldn't
> help laughing!

I got that book called "The Holes In Your Nose". I had read it to my
daughter and then my husband took her outside to play.

She came back in the house screaming, "Get it out! Get it out!" She had
stuffed a big bead up her nose. Not sure where it came from. I do beadwork
but this certainly wasn't one of mine. Husband and I had no idea how to get
it out. I had thought about tweezers but they frightened her.

We wound up dialing 911 and firemen came. Big, tall firemen. Their height
and booming voices frightened her so badly that all she could do was curl up
in my lap and cry even harder.

So they brought a woman in. A short little quiet woman. She just took one
look at her nose an applied pressure just above the bead. It shot right
out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, 15 November 2013 13:48:30 UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>

> >I remember when visiting Prague in the late 70's that Tic-Tacs had just been introduced for sale.

> >This then being a communist country, they were the "cool" thing to have.

> I don't like Tic Tacs, in their unimaginative noisy container.
>

> PEZ dispensers are more fun. A girl I knew in JHS had a PEZ dispenser
>
> dressed in tiny clothing, rigged to pop the candy out from a boy's
>
> crotch, she always made sure to have an audience while partaking and
>
> with exaggerated relish. She'd often have a girl share but the boys
>
> wouldn't dare. hehe
>
> There are giant vibrating pez dispenser dildos too.
>

> But for breath freshening Choward's Violets work far better... and
>
> they're such a *** shade. LOL

Then Steve Sqwertz will lured over to the "*** side"...LOL!

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:17:03 -0800 (PST), Gregory Morrow
> wrote:

>On Friday, 15 November 2013 13:48:30 UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>>

>> >I remember when visiting Prague in the late 70's that Tic-Tacs had just been introduced for sale.

>> >This then being a communist country, they were the "cool" thing to have.

>> I don't like Tic Tacs, in their unimaginative noisy container.
>>

>> PEZ dispensers are more fun. A girl I knew in JHS had a PEZ dispenser
>>
>> dressed in tiny clothing, rigged to pop the candy out from a boy's
>>
>> crotch, she always made sure to have an audience while partaking and
>>
>> with exaggerated relish. She'd often have a girl share but the boys
>>
>> wouldn't dare. hehe
>>
>> There are giant vibrating pez dispenser dildos too.
>>

>> But for breath freshening Choward's Violets work far better... and
>>
>> they're such a *** shade. LOL

>Then Steve Sqwertz will lured over to the "*** side"...LOL!

Would be fun for a *** blade to have a pet dwarf. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:27:41 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm sure everyone knows about this by now, but has anyone mastered the
>>> technique?
>>>
>>> http://foodbeast.com/2012/08/24/so-a...ers-all-wrong/
>>> (video)

>> I can do it but because I used the containers wrong all these many years, I
>> still do it wrong usually. I did show this to Angela and her friends. But
>> that didn't stop her friends from eating an entire box of them at once.

> I'm in awe. HOW do you get just *one* on the lid without pushing a
> few back into the container?

I tried it today. Works, but I always grab two while driving.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 14:48:30 -0500, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

> > Gregory Morrow wrote:

> >>I remember when visiting Prague in the late 70's that Tic-Tacs had just been introduced for sale.

> >>This then being a communist country, they were the "cool" thing to have.

> > I don't like Tic Tacs, in their unimaginative noisy container.

> > PEZ dispensers are more fun. A girl I knew in JHS had a PEZ dispenser

> > dressed in tiny clothing, rigged to pop the candy out from a boy's

> > crotch, she always made sure to have an audience while partaking and

> > with exaggerated relish. She'd often have a girl share but the boys

> > wouldn't dare. hehe

> This sounds like the product of your juvenile adult imagination.
>

> Pervert.
>

> > There are giant vibrating pez dispenser dildos too.

> And there we have it. Thank you for proving my theory above.

Peeps at this moment are asking me, "What are you laffin' about on your
computer!?"

<chuckle>

--
Best
Greg

No knead technique WRK Sourdough 0 30-10-2006 04:32 PM
No knead technique WRK Sourdough 25 29-10-2006 06:42 PM
A question of technique maxine in ri General Cooking 3 29-09-2006 08:07 AM
Tomato technique Bob Terwilliger General Cooking 55 14-04-2006 03:16 PM
Vegan technique David Hare-Scott General Cooking 30 17-03-2006 07:02 PM