mary

Default Food named after local celebrity

I noticed in my local paper,he Pittsburgh Post-Gazette,that a local sub shop
has named a sandwich after a new Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback. It is
called: the Roethlis-burger. See story:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04309/406453.stm

I was wondering if other cities have a food item named after a local
celebrity not a national one. Do any of the items have staying power after
everyone has forgotten the famous person.

Thanks

Tom

Sam D.

"mary" > wrote in message
> I noticed in my local paper,he Pittsburgh Post-Gazette,that a local

sub shop
> has named a sandwich after a new Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback. It

is
> called: the Roethlis-burger. See story:
> http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04309/406453.stm
>
> I was wondering if other cities have a food item named after a local
> celebrity not a national one. Do any of the items have staying power

after
> everyone has forgotten the famous person.

There use to be an Italian Deli downtown named Dario’s that had
sandwiches named after L.A.’s political and business leaders: Al
Campanis (Gen. Mgr. L.A. Dodgers), Joe Busch the D.A., many others I
can’t remember. Some named items lasted after the namesakes were gone

Then there is Pink’s Hot Dogs in Hollywood (established 1939):
Martha Stewart Dog, Rosie O’Donnell Dog, Huell Howser Dog, Ozzy
Osbourne Dog

There is also a wall there that is filled with autographed photos of
celebrities chowing down on Pink’s dogs.

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/pgz/photos.htm

Sam D.