Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/15/2013 2:07 PM, slpeek wrote:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking Sherry vs Sherry

On Mar 15, 1:07*pm, slpeek >
wrote:

> what's the difference
>

> slpeek

FoodBanter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:52:41 -0400, Warren > wrote:

> On 3/15/2013 2:07 PM, slpeek wrote:
> > what's the difference
> >

> Quality.

Salt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 18:07:35 +0000, slpeek
> wrote:

>what's the difference

It's salted
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 11:07*am, slpeek >
wrote:
> what's the difference
>
> --
> slpeek

The first night, drink two bottles of the cooking sherry.
The second night, drink two bottles of the "other" sherry.

You'll figure it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"slpeek" > wrote in message

> what's the difference

Cooking sherry is obscene salted crap. If you need a
sherry to cook with look for Fairbanks Sherry, either
cream if you want sweeter taste, or cocktail if you want
a less sweet taste. Very inexpensive and good for the
cooking purposes. Cooking sherry was devised during
prohibition so that an undrinkable thing could be sold
for cooking.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 15, 6:35*pm, jmcquown > wrote:

> On 3/15/2013 5:43 PM, wrote:> On Mar 15, 1:07 pm, slpeek >
> > wrote:

> >> what's the difference

> >> slpeek

> > FoodBanter.

> LOL! *I'm sure Steve Wertz would get a big laugh out of this since you
> use WebTV. *Me, I try not to discriminate until I find out of someone
> has something useful to post. *FWIW, I like your posts. *I k/f'd the
> Foodbanter domain.
>
> Jill

You're free to check my headers at your convenience. Sometimes it
shows Livingston, NJ; in the past it has shown Houston, TX, and at
times it shows Atlanta, GA. I believe MSN is located in Redmond, WA.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpeek View Post
what's the difference
Salt. Cooking Sherry was designed to keep alchoholic kin out of the pantry. Now that do not prevent old ladies from getting drunk on the stuff of course. Dont get us started on Rum Cake..thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> In the UK (and Europe) cooking sherry is unsalted, just the cheapest/
> worst quality sherry. You wouldn't want to drink that quality as an
> aperitif or at table.

if you drank that while cooking though, I'll bet even the worst meal would
taste fairly good.

G.

Cost Effect Cooking Sherry W General Cooking 17 07-11-2016 07:36 AM
Dry sherry versus "cooking wine (sherry) " amandaF General Cooking 45 18-10-2008 11:18 PM
Cooking Sherry vs. Dry Sherry JOHN CZEPKOWSKI Wine 20 05-11-2007 06:19 AM
Sherry Dave Smith General Cooking 0 30-12-2006 03:21 PM
Sherry yetanotherBob General Cooking 0 30-12-2006 02:44 PM