Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Loaf

Christine wrote:

>Yes, I have some meatball recipes
> (mostly Italian) that call for ground veal.
> I can sometimes find it here. I have a
> package in my freezer, that I got on sale
> last summer. * It is eventually destined
> for a meatball recipe by Nancy
> Silverton, from the restaurant Mozza in
> Los Angeles.

I've never seen ground veal here, or at least not in a very long time,
but do buy ground pork occasionally to mix with the ground beef,
although I prefer a good pork sausage meat to mix with the beef, as it
makes for a nice firm meatloaf, that is easy to slice, and gives it a
delicious flavor.

The only time I usually make meatballs is to use as an appetizer, like
at Christmas, where I mix equal amounts of my favorite barbecue sauce
(Sweet Baby Ray's) and sweet & sour sauce and cook in the crock pot for
6 hrs. on low. Yum! This year to cut time, I bought the frozen
Italian-flavored appetizer size meatballs and worked good.

Judy

DON'T LET YER MEAT LOAF Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 08-07-2016 02:53 PM
Meat loaf Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 232 18-01-2015 07:54 PM
Tex-Mex Meat Loaf Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-07-2005 04:20 AM
"meat" loaf Serene General Cooking 0 25-04-2005 03:23 AM
meat loaf Howard and duncy General Cooking 4 19-06-2004 02:58 AM