Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What did you do, for your 50th?

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

I guess I should come up with something... Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
Pizza.... maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?

Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? Let him win? (He's
89 but still very cognizant)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 4:21*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.
>
> I guess I should come up with something... * Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
> Pizza.... *maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?
>
> Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? *Let him win? *(He's
> 89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Richard K. > wrote:
> just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

In other words, everyone who has ever been near you for any length of time
ignored your birthday again because you're a sociopathic pest. No doubt
your children have left the country to avoid you, you have no friends at
all, and your father gets violently ill every time he thinks about the fact
that he fathered a worthless pest like you.

Is that approximately correct?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 4:21*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.
>
> I guess I should come up with something... * Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
> Pizza.... *maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?
>
> Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? *Let him win? *(He's
> 89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

I'm going to Vegas!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
I'm going to Vegas!
---
my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people there
do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

Sin City... The chepo buffets are, just that. Meat is cheapest cuts... We
stayed at the Hooters Hotel the weekend before we got married... And I did
get even one bj!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." wrote:

>just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

I always buy myself a tree to plant on my birthday, usually more than
one. Whenever anyone asks what to buy me for my birthday I tell them
I already have everything and anything I want during the year I buy
whenever I want it so don't buy me anything because I'll only have to
return it. But if they insist on buying me something I tell them they
can buy me a tree or a shrub, they either get the one I tell them I
want or they get me a gift certificate for my favorite plant nursery.
My birthday is in the middle of May, perfect planting time. Planting
a tree gives me enjoyment when I plant it and every day after watching
it grow, and when I'm gone others can still enjoy it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> "Richard K." wrote:
>>
>>just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

> I always buy myself a tree to plant on my birthday, usually more than
> one. Whenever anyone asks what to buy me for my birthday I tell them
> I already have everything and anything I want during the year I buy
> whenever I want it so don't buy me anything because I'll only have to
> return it. But if they insist on buying me something I tell them they
> can buy me a tree or a shrub, they either get the one I tell them I
> want or they get me a gift certificate for my favorite plant nursery.
> My birthday is in the middle of May, perfect planting time. Planting
> a tree gives me enjoyment when I plant it and every day after watching
> it grow, and when I'm gone others can still enjoy it.

A plant is a good idea... I don't have any house plants, but used too...
dieffenbachia's are my favorite.

You are good soul-- contrary to what they say about you.

thx for reminding me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6opMEu-zM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:22:23 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:

> just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

Birthdays are more important to some people than others. Birthdays
are a special day - *your* day. I was raised with birthday parties
and I raised my kids that way too. When their birthday was on a
weekday, their birthday celebration often extended the better part of
a week because we'd do little things almost every day that we didn't
do very often in RL and I'd say "Happy Birthday" when we were doing
it.

I married a guy just like you... birthdays are just like any other
day. In the Way Back, if he didn't get with the program - I'd make my
own party and invite people I loved the most over for dinner. It
worked for me. Those were great times.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> wrote:

> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

Hello? Are you ***?
Blond = male
Blonde = female
Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:42:36 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:

> my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
> her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people there
> do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
"don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
Frankly, I don't blame them. I think most natives call their home
town by its full name. A friend of mine lived there for many years
(transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:22:23 -0500, "Richard K."
> > wrote:
>
>> just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

> Birthdays are more important to some people than others.

like funerals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I married a guy just like you...

Lucky you!
(said tongue in cheek. My ex was not so lucky.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:42:36 -0500, "Richard K."
> > wrote:
>
>> my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
>> her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people
>> there
>> do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

> Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
> "don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
> Frankly, I don't blame them. I think most natives call their home
> town by its full name. A friend of mine lived there for many years
> (transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
> about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

could just be the ex... I dunno... When I lived in Denver in the 80s,
people had bumper stickers that said "Native" "non-native"

Weird moving from there to here.... Opposite lands. Denver had one of the
highest rates of people that: exercise, non-smokers, non-obese people,
non-natives... It was so easy to meet people in Denver in the 80s, and get
cheap apartments. Most the other people there were non-natives, and out and
about in parks looking to meet other people. It was hard not to be healthy
in Denver. (Except when the air blew south from Rocky Flats. Also, I got
sunburned a lot faster there.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:00:22 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> wrote:
>
>> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
>> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

>Hello? Are you ***?
>Blond = male
>Blonde = female
>Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Aside from the irony of someone from SF asking aloud if someone is
***- as if it matters-- and the part where Chemo said "she was hot" --
and the part where my brain tripped because for a long time, for some
reason, I thought Chemo was female. . . . .

I've been schooled. I've survived a couple years of high school
French, and reading and writing a few pages in my 62 years and I'm
pretty sure this is the first time I ever knew blond/blonde was a
gender specific adjective.

I even looked it up
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....ly-synonymous/

I should just go back to bed now-- no sense in trying to learn *2*
things today.

Jim
[and back to the 'milestone' birthdays-- 30 was a real relief because
I had lost 2 good friends in the 5 years before-- both were 29. The
rest are just days. I'll party for the 100th, just because.]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2012 11:00 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> > wrote:
>
>> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
>> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

> Hello? Are you ***?
> Blond = male
> Blonde = female
> Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Never heard that one before!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/11/2012 11:24 AM, Chemo wrote:
> On Nov 13, 4:21 pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
>> just another day to me... Seems more important to others.
>>
>> I guess I should come up with something... Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
>> Pizza.... maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?
>>
>> Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? Let him win? (He's
>> 89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

You probably didn't "get it", hot or otherwise.

Just wishful thinking on your part!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/11/2012 2:55 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:22:23 -0500, "Richard K."
> > wrote:
>
>> just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

> Birthdays are more important to some people than others. Birthdays
> are a special day - *your* day. I was raised with birthday parties
> and I raised my kids that way too. When their birthday was on a
> weekday, their birthday celebration often extended the better part of
> a week because we'd do little things almost every day that we didn't
> do very often in RL and I'd say "Happy Birthday" when we were doing
> it.
>
> I married a guy just like you... birthdays are just like any other
> day. In the Way Back, if he didn't get with the program - I'd make my
> own party and invite people I loved the most over for dinner. It
> worked for me. Those were great times.

I can't even recall what I did for my 50th! It was, after all, quite a
long time ago! ;-)

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2012 6:41 AM, Krypsis wrote:

> I can't even recall what I did for my 50th! It was, after all, quite a
> long time ago!;-)

Same here. That was almost 13 years ago and my memory isn't as good as
it used to be.

And another thing... my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 6:24*pm, Chemo > wrote:
> On Nov 13, 4:21*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
>
> > just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.

> > I guess I should come up with something... * Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
> > Pizza.... *maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?

> > Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? *Let him win? *(He's
> > 89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

At the 50th I was pretty subdued, still depressed over the breakup of
The Bonobos. On b-day 52, I spent all day knocking on doors for the
Democratic candidates, and meeting quite a few really great people.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 8:42*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> I'm going to Vegas!
> ---
> my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
> her from there.) *I am not going to Las Vegas... *btw, she says people there
> do not like it when you call it "Vegas"
>
> Sin City... *The chepo buffets are, just that. *Meat is cheapest cuts.... *We
> stayed at the Hooters Hotel the weekend before we got married... *And I did
> get even one bj!

And you married her anyway?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 9:05*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

> > "Richard K." wrote:

> >>just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.

> > I always buy myself a tree to plant on my birthday, usually more than
> > one. *Whenever anyone asks what to buy me for my birthday I tell them
> > I already have everything and anything I want during the year I buy
> > whenever I want it so don't buy me anything because I'll only have to
> > return it. *But if they insist on buying me something I tell them they
> > can buy me a tree or a shrub, they either get the one I tell them I
> > want or they get me a gift certificate for my favorite plant nursery.
> > My birthday is in the middle of May, perfect planting time. *Planting
> > a tree gives me enjoyment when I plant it and every day after watching
> > it grow, and when I'm gone others can still enjoy it.

> A plant is a good idea... *I don't have any house plants, but used too....
> dieffenbachia's are my favorite.
>
> You are good soul-- *contrary to what they say about you.
>
> thx for reminding me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6opMEu-zM

Crappy, boring arenarock. Here's a more on topic one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvsGdJP3ng

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On my 50th, as on all my birthdays, I invite my favorite co-workers out
to lunch, and pick up the tab.

I don't tell them it's my birthday.

Some of them have caught on over the years, though... 8

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 04:16:36 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:42:36 -0500, "Richard K."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
>>> her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people
>>> there
>>> do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

>> Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
>> "don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
>> Frankly, I don't blame them. I think most natives call their home
>> town by its full name. A friend of mine lived there for many years
>> (transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
>> about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

>could just be the ex... I dunno... When I lived in Denver in the 80s,
>people had bumper stickers that said "Native" "non-native"

Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 9:32*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 04:16:36 -0500, "Richard K."
>

> > wrote:
> >"sf" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:42:36 -0500, "Richard K."

> >> Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
> >> "don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
> >> Frankly, I don't blame them. *I think most natives call their home
> >> town by its full name. *A friend of mine lived there for many years
> >> (transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
> >> about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

> >could just be the ex... *I dunno... *When I lived in Denver in the 80s,
> >people had bumper stickers that said "Native" *"non-native"

> Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.

Gosh, what a coincidence. Folks in the St. Louis metro area refer to
St. Louis as The City.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:39:34 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> Gosh, what a coincidence. Folks in the St. Louis metro area refer to
> St. Louis as The City.

And residents of the SFBA refer to SF that way too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Suggestion:

Wake up.
Breathe in, breathe out
breathe in, breathe out
breathe in, breathe out
breathe in, breathe out
breathe in, breathe out.

Keep doing it till bedtime

Start again the next morning.

PS: Get over yourself. You're lucky to have lived this long,
it's not due to any particular skill or intelligence.

If other people want to celebrate with you, have fun. Otherwise,
count your blessings and get on with it.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 8:00*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
>
> > wrote:
> > Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
> > we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

> Hello? *Are you ***?
> Blond = male
> Blonde = female
> Pay attention to how you present yourself.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Did you not read the whole reply..."God, she was hot". the word "she"
should explain everything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 4:40*am, Krypsis > wrote:
> On 14/11/2012 11:24 AM, Chemo wrote:> On Nov 13, 4:21 pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> >> just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.

> >> I guess I should come up with something... * Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
> >> Pizza.... *maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?

> >> Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? *Let him win? *(He's
> >> 89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

> > Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
> > we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

> You probably didn't "get it", hot or otherwise.
>
> Just wishful thinking on your part!
>
> --
>
> Krypsis

Pic tells all.
http://olskoolrodz.com/images/gallery/photo_30445.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:06:52 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:39:34 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:
>
>> Gosh, what a coincidence. Folks in the St. Louis metro area refer to
>> St. Louis as The City.

>And residents of the SFBA refer to SF that way too.

When I lived in rural Schenectady or Schoharie county, 'the city
usually meant Schenectady'.

Now that I'm in the 'burbs of Schenectady, it means New York City-
though it is 3 hours and a whole lot of cities away.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2012 8:32 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.

And to Long Island as "The Island".

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria p wrote:

> > Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.

> And to Long Island as "The Island".

And Joisey is still Joisey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:31:49 -0700, gloria p >
wrote:

> On 11/14/2012 8:32 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

> > Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.
> >

> And to Long Island as "The Island".

When I first heard that term, I thought it was another way to say
Manhattan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 11:31*am, gloria p > wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 8:32 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>

> > Noo Yawkers refer to NYC as The City.

> And to Long Island as "The Island".

"Candy came from out on The Island".
--Lou Reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSafh_G3skU

> gloria p

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:23:31 -0700, gloria p >
wrote:

> Suggestion:
>
> Wake up.
> Breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out.
>
> Keep doing it till bedtime
>

> Start again the next morning.
>
> PS: Get over yourself. You're lucky to have lived this long,
> it's not due to any particular skill or intelligence.
>
> If other people want to celebrate with you, have fun. Otherwise,
> count your blessings and get on with it.

I vote for celebrating and not waiting for someone to arrange a
surprise party. Call them up and say "Surprise, today is my birthday
and I want to celebrate it with you so come on over."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria p" > wrote in message

> Suggestion:
>
> Wake up.
> Breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out
> breathe in, breathe out.
>
> Keep doing it till bedtime
>

> Start again the next morning.
>
> PS: Get over yourself. You're lucky to have lived this long,
> it's not due to any particular skill or intelligence.
>
> If other people want to celebrate with you, have fun. Otherwise,
> count your blessings and get on with it.
>
> gloria p

agreed... I figure living past 40 is just gravy on the cake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I vote for celebrating and not waiting for someone to arrange a
> surprise party. Call them up and say "Surprise, today is my birthday
> and I want to celebrate it with you so come on over."

actually, I did that. Told my neice to setup a surprise party (for me)...
I originally planned to spend the evening of the 50th sitting in the dark in
a corner of the house-- with a gun in my hand, rocking back and forth in the
fetal position. But remembered I don't own a gun. So might as well go out
and enjoy the day with family! I'm looking forward to the spinach artichoke
dip and super veggie pizza.

http://www.cliftonspizza.com/menu.asp

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote in message

"Candy came from out on The Island".
--Lou Reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSafh_G3skU
===

New York was the album everyone knew he would make someday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJIOl8i9Kdg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 12:58*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message

> "Candy came from out on The Island".
> * * *--Lou Reed
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSafh_G3skU
> ===
>
> New York was the album everyone knew he would make someday.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJIOl8i9Kdg

Nothing comes close to Transformer.

With some artists/groups, there is one obvious best. Steely Dan's
Can't Buy a Thrill is one. Who's Next is another. A lot of bands
really have only one good album in them.

Others released more than one spectacular album. The Stones had
Sticky Fingers, Exile, Let It Bleed... Bowie had Ziggy and Diamond
Dogs.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/11/2012 4:27 AM, Chemo wrote:

>>> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
>>> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

>> You probably didn't "get it", hot or otherwise.
>>
>> Just wishful thinking on your part!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Krypsis

> Pic tells all.
> http://olskoolrodz.com/images/gallery/photo_30445.jpg

Proof positive that it was just wishful thinking.

I rest my case!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-11-14 04:00:22 +0000, sf said:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
> > wrote:
>
>> Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
>> we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

> Hello? Are you ***?
> Blond = male
> Blonde = female
> Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Hmm. News to me!

Oh-oh! Maybe I'm *** and never knew it!