Old 14-11-2012, 12:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What did you do, for your 50th?

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

I guess I should come up with something... Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
Pizza.... maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?

Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? Let him win? (He's
89 but still very cognizant)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

Old 14-11-2012, 12:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 4:21*pm, "Richard K." wrote:
just another day to me... *Seems more important to others.

I guess I should come up with something... * Boston Creme Pie, Super Veggie
Pizza.... *maybe Panera Bread with my sister and ex for lunch?

Maybe I should make my dad come over and play hearts? *Let him win? *(He's
89 but still very cognizant)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utD0Ow_44gw)

Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!
Old 14-11-2012, 01:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Richard K. wrote:
just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

In other words, everyone who has ever been near you for any length of time
ignored your birthday again because you're a sociopathic pest. No doubt
your children have left the country to avoid you, you have no friends at
all, and your father gets violently ill every time he thinks about the fact
that he fathered a worthless pest like you.

Is that approximately correct?

Old 14-11-2012, 02:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" wrote in message
I'm going to Vegas!
---
my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people there
do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

Sin City... The chepo buffets are, just that. Meat is cheapest cuts... We
stayed at the Hooters Hotel the weekend before we got married... And I did
get even one bj!

Old 14-11-2012, 02:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." wrote:

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

I always buy myself a tree to plant on my birthday, usually more than
one. Whenever anyone asks what to buy me for my birthday I tell them
I already have everything and anything I want during the year I buy
whenever I want it so don't buy me anything because I'll only have to
return it. But if they insist on buying me something I tell them they
can buy me a tree or a shrub, they either get the one I tell them I
want or they get me a gift certificate for my favorite plant nursery.
My birthday is in the middle of May, perfect planting time. Planting
a tree gives me enjoyment when I plant it and every day after watching
it grow, and when I'm gone others can still enjoy it.
Old 14-11-2012, 03:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
"Richard K." wrote:

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

I always buy myself a tree to plant on my birthday, usually more than
one. Whenever anyone asks what to buy me for my birthday I tell them
I already have everything and anything I want during the year I buy
whenever I want it so don't buy me anything because I'll only have to
return it. But if they insist on buying me something I tell them they
can buy me a tree or a shrub, they either get the one I tell them I
want or they get me a gift certificate for my favorite plant nursery.
My birthday is in the middle of May, perfect planting time. Planting
a tree gives me enjoyment when I plant it and every day after watching
it grow, and when I'm gone others can still enjoy it.

A plant is a good idea... I don't have any house plants, but used too...
dieffenbachia's are my favorite.

You are good soul-- contrary to what they say about you.

thx for reminding me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6opMEu-zM

Old 14-11-2012, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:22:23 -0500, "Richard K."
wrote:

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

Birthdays are more important to some people than others. Birthdays
are a special day - *your* day. I was raised with birthday parties
and I raised my kids that way too. When their birthday was on a
weekday, their birthday celebration often extended the better part of
a week because we'd do little things almost every day that we didn't
do very often in RL and I'd say "Happy Birthday" when we were doing
it.

I married a guy just like you... birthdays are just like any other
day. In the Way Back, if he didn't get with the program - I'd make my
own party and invite people I loved the most over for dinner. It
worked for me. Those were great times.

Old 14-11-2012, 04:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:24:09 -0800 (PST), Chemo
wrote:

Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

Hello? Are you ***?
Blond = male
Blonde = female
Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Old 14-11-2012, 04:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:42:36 -0500, "Richard K."
wrote:

my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people there
do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
"don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
Frankly, I don't blame them. I think most natives call their home
town by its full name. A friend of mine lived there for many years
(transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

Old 14-11-2012, 09:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

just another day to me... Seems more important to others.

Birthdays are more important to some people than others.

like funerals.

Old 14-11-2012, 09:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message

I married a guy just like you...

Lucky you!
(said tongue in cheek. My ex was not so lucky.)

Old 14-11-2012, 09:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

my ex lived in Vegas for 20 years (I think I saved her soul by extracting
her from there.) I am not going to Las Vegas... btw, she says people
there
do not like it when you call it "Vegas"

Interesting, but I've never heard that before, but it's just like the
"don't call it Frisco" attitude of San Francisco a decade or so ago.
Frankly, I don't blame them. I think most natives call their home
town by its full name. A friend of mine lived there for many years
(transplanted from SF to LV), so I'll ask her if she has ever heard
about anyone having a "don't call it Vegas" attitude.

could just be the ex... I dunno... When I lived in Denver in the 80s,
people had bumper stickers that said "Native" "non-native"

Weird moving from there to here.... Opposite lands. Denver had one of the
highest rates of people that: exercise, non-smokers, non-obese people,
non-natives... It was so easy to meet people in Denver in the 80s, and get
cheap apartments. Most the other people there were non-natives, and out and
about in parks looking to meet other people. It was hard not to be healthy
in Denver. (Except when the air blew south from Rocky Flats. Also, I got
sunburned a lot faster there.)

Old 14-11-2012, 12:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

Hello? Are you ***?
Blond = male
Blonde = female
Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Aside from the irony of someone from SF asking aloud if someone is
***- as if it matters-- and the part where Chemo said "she was hot" --
and the part where my brain tripped because for a long time, for some
reason, I thought Chemo was female. . . . .

I've been schooled. I've survived a couple years of high school
French, and reading and writing a few pages in my 62 years and I'm
pretty sure this is the first time I ever knew blond/blonde was a
gender specific adjective.

I even looked it up
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....ly-synonymous/

I should just go back to bed now-- no sense in trying to learn *2*
things today.

Jim
[and back to the 'milestone' birthdays-- 30 was a real relief because
I had lost 2 good friends in the 5 years before-- both were 29. The
rest are just days. I'll party for the 100th, just because.]
Old 14-11-2012, 12:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Went next door and dinner with the 30 year old blond and then
we...well, you get it. God, she was hot!

Hello? Are you ***?
Blond = male
Blonde = female
Pay attention to how you present yourself.

Never heard that one before!

Jill