Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rice problem, time sensitive

I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?

background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 6:49*pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... *It says
> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. *I did that and the timer just went off,
> but the rice is very sticky and wet... *Is there a way to fix this?
>
> background: *it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
> water. *(Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)

Get a new stove or start eating out. I make brown rice all the
time and never know how it's going to turn out. They actually call
for more than double the water to rice, but I always use just about
double cause I don't like mine wet. But really it doesn't matter a
lot as I typically use the brown rice for daily made stews or soups or
pilafs, so it is not necessary that it be fluffy or perfect. I cook a
pound and it lasts 6 days. I just ran out. Gonna use white rice this
time. Gonna saute a bunch of kale in olive oil and butter, then add
rice and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Then each day I toss whatever I want into the mix, veggies, etc. The
rice is my base.

TJ

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 6:49 pm, "Richard K." > wrote:
> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
> but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>
> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
> water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)

Get a new stove or start eating out. I make brown rice all the
time and never know how it's going to turn out. They actually call
for more than double the water to rice, but I always use just about
double cause I don't like mine wet. But really it doesn't matter a
lot as I typically use the brown rice for daily made stews or soups or
pilafs, so it is not necessary that it be fluffy or perfect. I cook a
pound and it lasts 6 days. I just ran out. Gonna use white rice this
time. Gonna saute a bunch of kale in olive oil and butter, then add
rice and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Then each day I toss whatever I want into the mix, veggies, etc. The
rice is my base.

TJ
===

So I can use it for my broccoli mushroom soup mash? I think I will let it
steam a bit longer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:

>I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>
>background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)

As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2012 9:30 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> > wrote:
>
>> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>> but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>> water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>

> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
> Janet US

Yep, there's a reason they print the directions on the bag I have no
idea how, if he used a lower water ratio, the rice came out sticky.
(I'm surprised it's not uncooked and crunchy!)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:36:28 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/11/2012 9:30 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>>> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>> but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>>
>>> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>> water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>>

>> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
>> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
>> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
>> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
>> Janet US
>>

>Yep, there's a reason they print the directions on the bag I have no
>idea how, if he used a lower water ratio, the rice came out sticky.
>(I'm surprised it's not uncooked and crunchy!)
>
>Jill

I think that is how he started out and probably pot watched and added
some water along the way.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2012 9:43 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:36:28 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2012 9:30 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."

>>> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
>>> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
>>> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
>>> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>>> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>>> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Yep, there's a reason they print the directions on the bag I have no
>> idea how, if he used a lower water ratio, the rice came out sticky.
>> (I'm surprised it's not uncooked and crunchy!)
>>
>> Jill

> I think that is how he started out and probably pot watched and added
> some water along the way.
> Janet US

I'm betting that's it. It's important with regular rice not to pot
watch. Follow the directions on the package, cover the pot and then
leave it alone.

Rice is cheap so he can always buy another bag. I'd also suggest he
start out with 1 cup of rice as a test run rather than try to cook the
entire bag.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in
:

> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for
> dinner... It says boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did
> that and the timer just went off, but the rice is very sticky
> and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>
> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put
> in 8 ounces water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)

A 16 oz bag of rice...were you buying it from a street dealer?
First one's free and all that?

For one thing, brown rice is usually stickier than some white rice,
like Uncle Ben's. That's not an issue.

Brown rice requires a touch more water than white rice, so make it
2 cups plus 1 tbsp per cup of rice.

--

Traditions are group efforts to keep the unexpected
from happening.

-- Barbara Tober

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:30:32 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:
>
>>I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>>boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>>background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>

>As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
>cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.

I think that will work for most [all?] long grained white rice. The
brown Nishiki rice I have in the pantry calls for 2 1/2 cups water per
cup rice. The Sweet Brown Korean rice doesn't say on the package-
but I use 2/1 but cook it longer. I rinse that as it is intended to
be a sticky rice & my 'sticky rice' process calls for the long rinse--
and some 'resting'.

>Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
>a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.

I follow roughly the same program for non-sticky prices- though my
rices all take longer.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:30:32 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:
>
>>I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>>boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>>background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>

>Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice.

Why? Rice isn't pasta. Place everyting in a pot, rice, water,
seasonings, bring to a boil, stir, turn down heat and cover. Often I
toast the rice in the pot and then proceed, if anything add the rice
first.

>Let the pot come back to
>a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
>Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:04:23 -0500, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:30:32 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> wrote:
>>
>>>I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It says
>>>boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>>but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>>
>>>background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>>water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>>

>>Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice.

>Why? Rice isn't pasta. Place everyting in a pot, rice, water,
>seasonings, bring to a boil, stir, turn down heat and cover. Often I
>toast the rice in the pot and then proceed, if anything add the rice
>first.

Agree.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2012 2:49 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:04:23 -0500, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 07:30:32 -0700, Janet Bostwick
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."

>>> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice.

>> Why? Rice isn't pasta. Place everyting in a pot, rice, water,
>> seasonings, bring to a boil, stir, turn down heat and cover. Often I
>> toast the rice in the pot and then proceed, if anything add the rice
>> first.

I usually use Basmati rise. I put it a pot, add some water, swoosh it
around and dump off the water, then add two parts water to each part of
rice, a bit of salt, bring it to a boil, put a top on, turn down the
heat and give it 15 minutes. Fluff it and leave the top on till ready
to serve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
> > wrote:
>
>>I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It
>>says
>>boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>>background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>

> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
> Janet US

I did measure. I think it was the pot size. I was trying to be efficient
using the whole bag but ended up throwing out the rice. Live and learn.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Richard K. wrote:
> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It
>>> says
>>> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went off,
>>> but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>>
>>> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8 ounces
>>> water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>>

>> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
>> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
>> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
>> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
>> Janet US

> I did measure. I think it was the pot size. I was trying to be efficient
> using the whole bag but ended up throwing out the rice. Live and learn.

But the ratio that you said you used made no sense--and wasn't
what the package directions indicated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 10:06*pm, "Jean B." > wrote:

> But the ratio that you said you used made no sense--and wasn't
> what the package directions indicated.

In that case the recipe should have worked since Richard K
himself makes no sense. I'll bet you could put whatever amount of
rice you want in enough water and just boil it till it's done, then
take it and strain it and let it dry. However, I will not bet that
you'd eat it. I have done it that way though, in the past. One
poster in this thread said they learned from the Galloping Gourmet.
Another great teacher is hunger. Oh how inventive the starving
become.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 10:06 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:

> But the ratio that you said you used made no sense--and wasn't
> what the package directions indicated.

In that case the recipe should have worked since Richard K
himself makes no sense.
===

If I get the seasonal job, perhaps I will... Plus learn about seasonings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 11/11/2012 9:30 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:50:22 -0500, "Richard K."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would make some old fashioned brown rice for dinner... It
>>> says
>>> boil then simmer cook 45 minutes. I did that and the timer just went
>>> off,
>>> but the rice is very sticky and wet... Is there a way to fix this?
>>>
>>> background: it was a 16 ounce bag and I used it all, and put in 8
>>> ounces
>>> water. (Bag said 2 cups water, for 1 cup rice.)
>>>

>> As Jill said elsewhere, rice cooking proportions are 1 cup rice, 2
>> cups water. Don't eyeball it, measure.
>> Bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice. Let the pot come back to
>> a boil, turn the heat down as low as it will go, cover the pot and
>> walk away for 20 minutes or more. Don't stir or peek. If the mixture
>> wants to boil over or foam over at first, try a larger pot next time.
>> Janet US
>>

> Yep, there's a reason they print the directions on the bag I have no
> idea how, if he used a lower water ratio, the rice came out sticky. (I'm
> surprised it's not uncooked and crunchy!)

Yeah. That doesn't sound right at all. I always have to add a little more
water. Mine is always perfect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rice problem, no longer time sensitive

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 10:06 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:

> But the ratio that you said you used made no sense--and wasn't
> what the package directions indicated.

I'll bet you could put whatever amount of rice you want in enough water and
just boil it till it's done, then
take it and strain it and let it dry.
TJ

---

On Brooklyn's advice, I put some of the "rice" in the leftover tomato
soup... The bottom of the rice was burned, so think it was the pot was not
right for the amount I tried to cook... Yet, how do rice cookers get it
right? I used that a couple times, and the rice did come out perfect. And
that was about 4 cups of rice. The one I attempted in the pot was just a
couple.

I totally missed watching any (american) football today. How did the
Steelers and Broncos do? Any season ending injuries? When does Palimono
come back?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> Why? Rice isn't pasta. Place everyting in a pot, rice, water,
> seasonings, bring to a boil, stir, turn down heat and cover. Often I
> toast the rice in the pot and then proceed, if anything add the rice
> first.

That's how I do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Yeah. That doesn't sound right at all. I always have to add a little
> more water. Mine is always perfect.

The rice is making me feeling "inadequate"; everyone keeps saying how simple
it is... Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for me, but I
will not give up. And will try again... I've never had a problem making
microwaved rice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Yeah. That doesn't sound right at all. I always have to add a little
>> more water. Mine is always perfect.

> The rice is making me feeling "inadequate"; everyone keeps saying how
> simple it is... Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for
> me, but I will not give up. And will try again... I've never had a
> problem making microwaved rice.

So why don't you keep using that method?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Richard K." > wrote in message
>> The rice is making me feeling "inadequate"; everyone keeps saying how
>> simple it is... Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for
>> me, but I will not give up. And will try again... I've never had a
>> problem making microwaved rice.

> So why don't you keep using that method?

I thought rice in a bag would be cheaper, and perhaps slightly healthier.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Richard K." > wrote in message
>>> The rice is making me feeling "inadequate"; everyone keeps saying how
>>> simple it is... Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult
>>> for me, but I will not give up. And will try again... I've never had
>>> a problem making microwaved rice.

>> So why don't you keep using that method?

> I thought rice in a bag would be cheaper, and perhaps slightly healthier.

Okay... You are confusing me. How do you cook it in the microwave then?
You do know that you can cook rice in the bag in the microwave. Right? Not
that I do it. Because I don't. Once in a while I buy those little cups or
pouches of precooked for my daughter. I don't personally like them but she
doesn't mind. They are okay to put in a quick soup when you're sick but I
don't like to eat them as is. I don't like instant rice either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/12/2012 2:02 AM, Richard K. wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Yeah. That doesn't sound right at all. I always have to add a little
>> more water. Mine is always perfect.

> The rice is making me feeling "inadequate"; everyone keeps saying how simple
> it is... Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for me, but I
> will not give up. And will try again... I've never had a problem making
> microwaved rice.

So go back to buying the Kroger microwave rice you mentioned. Or get
the boil-n bag par-boiled brown rice. I believe the brand name is
Success. My mom used it once she got past thinking the only kind of
rice she could cook was Minute Rice

Jill

--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> So go back to buying the Kroger microwave rice you mentioned. Or get the
> boil-n bag par-boiled brown rice. I believe the brand name is Success.
> My mom used it once she got past thinking the only kind of rice she could
> cook was Minute Rice
>
> Jill

yes there is a Kroger version of Minute Rice, brown rice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 1:54*am, "Richard K." > wrote:

> I totally missed watching any (american) football today. *How did the
> Steelers and Broncos do? *Any season ending injuries? *When does Palimono
> come back?

You don't even care how lame your ploys for response are. All
these questions. It's a tactic a really stupid person would use,
ending a post with a ton of questions. You do that a lot. Unlike
others I am aware that your questions are designed only to get some
kind of response from someone, anyone, even me. And here I am, at
your service once again. There's a 24 hour sports station called ESPN
that would have these answers for you, and you know it. I feel sorry
for you sometimes when your ploys are so lame and obvious and everyone
is beginning to see it. I want you to improve to the point where your
phoniness becomes less obvious. Please improve in that regard. For
my sake as well as your own. Thanks.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 12, 2:01*am, "Richard K." > wrote:

> Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for me, but I will not give up.

Please do.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
On Nov 12, 2:01 am, "Richard K." > wrote:

> Sometimes, the simplest things in life are difficult for me, but I will
> not give up.

Please do.

TJ

---

ummm.... no.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
On Nov 12, 1:54 am, "Richard K." > wrote:

> I totally missed watching any (american) football today. How did the
> Steelers and Broncos do? Any season ending injuries? When does Palimono
> come back?

You don't even care how lame your ploys for response are. All
these questions. It's a tactic a really stupid person would use,
ending a post with a ton of questions. You do that a lot. Unlike
others I am aware that your questions are designed only to get some
kind of response from someone, anyone, even me. And here I am, at
your service once again. There's a 24 hour sports station called ESPN
that would have these answers for you, and you know it. I feel sorry
for you sometimes when your ploys are so lame and obvious and everyone
is beginning to see it. I want you to improve to the point where your
phoniness becomes less obvious. Please improve in that regard. For
my sake as well as your own. Thanks.

TJ

===

I am aware of the ESPN and did consult them when I did not get a response...
btw, your response was not very timely. I am put you in the "questionable"
file as a source.

sometimes, sir. You are a pompous ass... (other times, a nitwit.)

boo to you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 9:43 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:36:28 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Yep, there's a reason they print the directions on the bag I have no
>>> idea how, if he used a lower water ratio, the rice came out sticky.
>>> (I'm surprised it's not uncooked and crunchy!)
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I think that is how he started out and probably pot watched and added
>> some water along the way.
>> Janet US
>>

> I'm betting that's it. It's important with regular rice not to pot
> watch. Follow the directions on the package, cover the pot and then
> leave it alone.
>
> Rice is cheap so he can always buy another bag. I'd also suggest he
> start out with 1 cup of rice as a test run rather than try to cook the
> entire bag.
>
> Jill

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm319827.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 2:21*am, "Richard K." > wrote:
"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> sometimes, sir. *You are a pompous ass... *(other times, a nitwit.)

Add selfish to the list. I enjoyed writing my post, that's what
it's all about, how much enjoyment I can get out of it. My critiques
are never brutal and you know it. I am not pompous, but I am an ass.
I am not a wit, but I am a nit. I'm in this purely for enjoyment - my
own and what I might incidentally or on purpose give to others. I'm a
nice guy. You know it. It's time for you to admit it. It's time for
you to admit many things. Then you will be on the road to recovery.
Let us help you.

Come, follow us
TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> sometimes, sir. You are a pompous ass... (other times, a nitwit.)

Add selfish to the list. I enjoyed writing my post, that's what
it's all about, how much enjoyment I can get out of it. My critiques
are never brutal and you know it. I am not pompous, but I am an ass.
I am not a wit, but I am a nit. I'm in this purely for enjoyment - my
own and what I might incidentally or on purpose give to others. I'm a
nice guy. You know it. It's time for you to admit it. It's time for
you to admit many things. Then you will be on the road to recovery.
Let us help you.

Come, follow us
TJ

===