Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Pecan Pie Bars

I've given the recipe as copied by me, however, I use butter and dark
Karo syrup.

Pecan Pie Bars
CRUST:
Mazola No Stick® cooking spray

2 cups flour

1/2 cup (1 stick) cold Mazola® margarine or butter, cut into pieces

1/3 cup sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

FILLING:
2 eggs

3/4 cup Karo® light or dark corn syrup

3/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons Mazola® margarine or butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with
cooking spray or line with foil; spray foil
2. FOR CRUST: In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat flour,
margarine, sugar and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press
firmly into bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. FOR FILLING: In large bowl beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, margarine
and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust;
spread evenly.
5. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is firm around edges and slightly
firm in center. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 x 1-1/2-inch bars.
Serves

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:01:48 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> I've given the recipe as copied by me, however, I use butter and dark
> Karo syrup.
>
> Pecan Pie Bars

Thanks Janet!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Bostwick > wrote:

> I've given the recipe as copied by me, however, I use butter and dark
> Karo syrup.
>
> Pecan Pie Bars
> CRUST:
> Mazola No Stick® cooking spray
>
> 2 cups flour
>
> 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold Mazola® margarine or butter, cut into pieces
>
> 1/3 cup sugar
>
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>

> FILLING:
> 2 eggs
>
> 3/4 cup Karo® light or dark corn syrup
>
> 3/4 cup sugar
>
> 2 tablespoons Mazola® margarine or butter, melted
>
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>
> 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
>

> 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with
> cooking spray or line with foil; spray foil
> 2. FOR CRUST: In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat flour,
> margarine, sugar and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press
> firmly into bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of prepared pan.
> 3. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
> 4. FOR FILLING: In large bowl beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, margarine
> and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust;
> spread evenly.
> 5. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is firm around edges and slightly
> firm in center. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 x 1-1/2-inch bars.
> Serves
>
> Janet US

Thank you! I've been hunting for a good version of these cookies.

marcella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 08:06:52 -0800, Marcella Peek
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Janet Bostwick > wrote:
>
>> I've given the recipe as copied by me, however, I use butter and dark
>> Karo syrup.
>>
>> Pecan Pie Bars
>> CRUST:
>> Mazola No Stick® cooking spray
>>
>> 2 cups flour
>>
>> 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold Mazola® margarine or butter, cut into pieces
>>
>> 1/3 cup sugar
>>
>> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>>

>> FILLING:
>> 2 eggs
>>
>> 3/4 cup Karo® light or dark corn syrup
>>
>> 3/4 cup sugar
>>
>> 2 tablespoons Mazola® margarine or butter, melted
>>
>> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>>
>> 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
>>

>> 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with
>> cooking spray or line with foil; spray foil
>> 2. FOR CRUST: In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat flour,
>> margarine, sugar and salt until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press
>> firmly into bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of prepared pan.
>> 3. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
>> 4. FOR FILLING: In large bowl beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, margarine
>> and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust;
>> spread evenly.
>> 5. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is firm around edges and slightly
>> firm in center. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 x 1-1/2-inch bars.
>> Serves
>>
>> Janet US

>Thank you! I've been hunting for a good version of these cookies.
>
>marcella

You're welcome.
Janet US