Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default only ten more days!

I can hardly stand it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 8:10*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> I can hardly stand it!

Party at your house?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Oct 11, 8:10?pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> I can hardly stand it!

> Party at your house?

hmmm...you know what? that is a GREAT idea!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

> I can hardly stand it!

Don't leave us hanging!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I can hardly stand it!
>>

> Don't leave us hanging!

it is food related

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 04:16:42 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> Cheryl wrote:
> > On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> >
> >> I can hardly stand it!
> >>

> > Don't leave us hanging!

> it is food related

So, this is a guessing game?

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 04:16:42 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> Cheryl wrote:
> > On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> >
> >> I can hardly stand it!
> >>

> > Don't leave us hanging!

> it is food related

So, this is a guessing game?

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Chances are I won't bother to find out what this is about because I don't
like mystery posts. At least it's not a cross post about "vegetarian
sausage" LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/11/2012 10:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> I can hardly stand it!

Me too, that is when Early Voting begins in Texas. So, what is your deal?

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 10:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>> I can hardly stand it!

> Me too, that is when Early Voting begins in Texas. So, what is your deal?
>
> Becca

we vote by mail in Washington

kinda takes all the fun out of it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 11, 9:20*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
> > On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

> >> I can hardly stand it!

> > Don't leave us hanging!

> it is food related

Chantrelle season?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On 10/11/2012 11:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I can hardly stand it!
>>

> Don't leave us hanging!

it is his bath day

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle > wrote:

>we vote by mail in Washington
>
>kinda takes all the fun out of it

Is there an option of voting in-person at the courthouse?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2012 1:32 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

> we vote by mail in Washington
>
> kinda takes all the fun out of it

One of these days, we will be voting online. The website could show
photos of long lines at the voting booth, the background could be the
flag. This would get me in the spirit of voting. I looked at the sample
general ballot, so I am ready.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 18:32:59 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> Ema Nymton wrote:
> > On 10/11/2012 10:07 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> >> I can hardly stand it!

> > Me too, that is when Early Voting begins in Texas. So, what is your deal?
> >
> > Becca

> we vote by mail in Washington
>
> kinda takes all the fun out of it

The only food related topic worth any excitement is the beginning of
crab season... but that's not it.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:09:35 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

> I looked at the sample general ballot, so I am ready.

Are you going to take advantage of early voting or will you wait for
the big day? I learned that early voting is hand counted along with
absentee ballots here (which ends up being after elections have been
called - even if it's not officially official), so I prefer to wait
until voting day and have my ballot count.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Oct 11, 9:20?pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> Cheryl wrote:

>> > Don't leave us hanging!

>> it is food related

> Chantrelle season?

no

well maybe it is but that's not what I'm all excited about (and it's not
because I get a bath either, which is not food related, unless you are
Kramer, blecch)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2012 7:42 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:09:35 -0500, Ema Nymton >
> wrote:
>
>> I looked at the sample general ballot, so I am ready.

> Are you going to take advantage of early voting or will you wait for
> the big day? I learned that early voting is hand counted along with
> absentee ballots here (which ends up being after elections have been
> called - even if it's not officially official), so I prefer to wait
> until voting day and have my ballot count.

We will do Early Voting. Here, the Early Voting is counted
electronically at the central counting station, but the voting boxes are
not opened until election day. It would be a lot of trouble to hand
count all of those ballots, almost everyone here votes early. I don't
know how the absentee or "vote by mail" ballots are counted.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:

> We will do Early Voting. Here, the Early Voting is counted
> electronically at the central counting station, but the voting boxes are
> not opened until election day. It would be a lot of trouble to hand
> count all of those ballots, almost everyone here votes early. I don't
> know how the absentee or "vote by mail" ballots are counted.

Several years in a row until last year we voted early. The votes were
stored electronically.

This year it looks like we may be out of town on election day so we
applied for an absentee ballot. We sent ours this weekend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 12, 11:00*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> merryb wrote:

> >> it is food related

> > Chantrelle season?

> no
>
> well maybe it is but that's not what I'm all excited about (and it's not
> because I get a bath either, which is not food related, unless you are
> Kramer, blecch)

So are you going to tell us? If it's a party, I'll need directions...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Oct 12, 11:00?pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> merryb wrote:

>> > Chantrelle season?

>> no
>>
>> well maybe it is but that's not what I'm all excited about (and it's not
>> because I get a bath either, which is not food related, unless you are
>> Kramer, blecch)

> So are you going to tell us? If it's a party, I'll need directions...

it's not a party, sorry

although I suppose it could be

the food in question is definitely party food

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:59:12 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> National pumpkin cheesecake day.
>>
>> Show's over. Nothing more to see here. Tert has left the newsgroup.

> It's also Caramel Apple Day and Day of the Nacho.
>
> NOW the show is over.
>
> -sw

now it's just begun

which one is it? first guess only, or else you LOSE

loser

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:19:41 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> It's also Caramel Apple Day and Day of the Nacho.
>>>
>>> NOW the show is over.

>> now it's just begun
>>
>> which one is it? first guess only, or else you LOSE

> It WAS my first guess - "Pumkin Cheeszecake". Why? Because you
> wanted to make one last year but were too lazy and late.
>
> I just added those other two after I looked up what else was happening
> that day - for others who may may want to celbrate something *other*
> than your lame pumpkin cheesecake day (gag).
>
> Now get on your knees, do the hail Mary thing, kiss my bare feet, and
> tell me I was right.
>
> -sw

sorry, lord 'n' mastur -- UR WRONG.

Of course, I was going to say yer wrong no matter what, but it turns out
I don't have to lie after all.

You must have me confused with ... jeez I don't know who said anything
about pumpkin cheesecake last year ... Andy? Gee thanks Steve! Jerk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> tert in seattle > wrote:
>
>> You must have me confused with ... jeez I don't know who
>> said anything about pumpkin cheesecake last year ... Andy?
>> Gee thanks Steve! Jerk.

> tert,
>
> First you've been plonked for over a year.
>
> Second, I have no interest in pumpkin cheesecake.
>
> Third, I'm nobody's scapegoat at rfc. You're the jerk fre even
> thinking to blame me!
>
> BITCH!
>
> Andy

*SMOOOOOOCH!*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 7:50*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > tert in seattle > wrote:

> >> You must have me confused with ... jeez I don't know who
> >> said anything about pumpkin cheesecake last year ... Andy?
> >> Gee thanks Steve! *Jerk.

> > tert,

> > First you've been plonked for over a year.

> > Second, I have no interest in pumpkin cheesecake.

> > Third, I'm nobody's scapegoat at rfc. You're the jerk fre even
> > thinking to blame me!

> > BITCH!

> > Andy

> *SMOOOOOOCH!*

Is this Seattle restaurant week?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Oct 16, 7:50?pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> Andy wrote:

>> > tert,

>> > First you've been plonked for over a year.

>> > Second, I have no interest in pumpkin cheesecake.

>> > Third, I'm nobody's scapegoat at rfc. You're the jerk fre even
>> > thinking to blame me!

>> > BITCH!

>> > Andy

>> *SMOOOOOOCH!*

> Is this Seattle restaurant week?

googfing borked?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 17, 9:30*am, tert in seattle > wrote:
> spamtrap1888 wrote:

> >> *SMOOOOOOCH!*

> > Is this Seattle restaurant week?

> googfing borked?

That was my guess, silly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:
> I can hardly stand it!

whoops...completely missed it

dang

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:59:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> tert in seattle wrote:
> > I can hardly stand it!

> whoops...completely missed it
>
> dang

After all that build up too.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:59:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>
>> tert in seattle wrote:
>> > I can hardly stand it!

>> whoops...completely missed it
>>
>> dang
>>

> After all that build up too.

go ahead, rub it in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 21, 11:20*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:59:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:

> >> whoops...completely missed it

> >> dang

> > After all that build up too.

> go ahead, rub it in

No sex until next year? (Speaking of rubbing it in.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:15:39 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:59:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:

> >> whoops...completely missed it
> >>
> >> dang
> >>

> > After all that build up too.

> go ahead, rub it in

Heh! I guess we'll never know what it was.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:15:39 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>> > After all that build up too.

>> go ahead, rub it in

> Heh! I guess we'll never know what it was.

it was international nachos day

but like Steve astutely observes, you can make nachos any old day

I made keta chowder instead which I don't believe has its own special day

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:59:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> tert in seattle wrote:
>>> I can hardly stand it!

>> whoops...completely missed it
>>
>> dang

> And the crowd cheers! Must have been really important to you if you
> missed it. Now you can imagine how important is was to us, too!
>
> -sw

I hate deadlines

we'll see if I can get an extention

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:45:21 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:15:39 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
> >
> >> sf wrote:

> > Heh! I guess we'll never know what it was.

> it was international nachos day
>
> but like Steve astutely observes, you can make nachos any old day
>
> I made keta chowder instead which I don't believe has its own special day

Tert, I bet you could find different International Nachos day if you
shopped calendars! I've looked at a few of them for days that are
near and dear to my heart (like national martini day) and it seems
they can't/don't agree.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 7:50*am, tert in seattle > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:15:39 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:

> >> go ahead, rub it in

> > Heh! *I guess we'll never know what it was.

> it was international nachos day
>
> but like Steve astutely observes, you can make nachos any old day
>
> I made keta chowder instead which I don't believe has its own special day

I remember when keta used to be called dog salmon -- except at
Safeway, which made a big deal over their "Silverbrite" salmon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 7:50*am, tert in seattle > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

> >> whoops...completely missed it

> >> dang

> > And the crowd cheers! *Must have been really important to you if you
> > missed it. *Now you can imagine how important is was to us, too!

> > -sw

> I hate deadlines
>
> we'll see if I can get an extention

So I was right and it DID have something to do with sex.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:27:38 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> I remember when keta used to be called dog salmon -- except at
> Safeway, which made a big deal over their "Silverbrite" salmon.

Haven't heard it called keta or dog salmon before, but I just found a
salmon burger recipe that looks promising.
http://spoonful.com/recipes/pacific-...salmon-burgers

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Oct 23, 7:50?am, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> sf wrote:

>> > Heh! ?I guess we'll never know what it was.

>> it was international nachos day
>>
>> but like Steve astutely observes, you can make nachos any old day
>>
>> I made keta chowder instead which I don't believe has its own special day

> I remember when keta used to be called dog salmon -- except at
> Safeway, which made a big deal over their "Silverbrite" salmon.

I finally caved and bought some of that polenta-in-a-tube and fried
up some rounds. My son asked what I was making -- I called them
"corn cakes". He said he wanted some, and ate them right up. If
I'd called it polenta he would have told me it's icky.

I'm learning....slowly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:27:38 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:
>
>> I remember when keta used to be called dog salmon -- except at
>> Safeway, which made a big deal over their "Silverbrite" salmon.

> Haven't heard it called keta or dog salmon before, but I just found a
> salmon burger recipe that looks promising.
> http://spoonful.com/recipes/pacific-...salmon-burgers

it's also known as chum

I've had good luck with salmon burgers... use panko ... can't remember
if I mixed an egg in there for good measure

salmon salad is more or less the cold, non patty version (minus egg
and bc's of course)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 1:00*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> spamtrap1888 wrote:

> >> it was international nachos day

> >> but like Steve astutely observes, you can make nachos any old day

> >> I made keta chowder instead which I don't believe has its own special day

> > I remember when keta used to be called dog salmon -- except at
> > Safeway, which made a big deal over their "Silverbrite" salmon.

> I finally caved and bought some of that polenta-in-a-tube and fried
> up some rounds. *My son asked what I was making -- I called them
> "corn cakes". *He said he wanted some, and ate them right up. *If
> I'd called it polenta he would have told me it's icky.
>
> I'm learning....slowly.

I bought the tubular polenta because the rest of the food I was making
was complicated enough, and I didn't want to think about the starch. I
nuked the rounds though, because I wanted them to absorb sauce. I did
fry the leftovers.