Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fish and Eggplant in Curry Tomatoe Sauce

I thought I'd post a link to this one - we like it in our house and it's
on the Internet.

http://www.warriordiet.com/content/view/29/40/#fish_egg

We steam the eggplant in the microwave instead of using a steamer.

We use everything that's listed as optional in the recipe - caraway
seeds are an interesting flavor.

Plus I found a good use for leftovers for this that I wasn't expecting
to turn out as nicely as it did.

For leftovers, I had the thought that since this was a tomato-based
dish, maybe I could treat it as tomato sauce and make some sort of
pizza- or lasagna-like thing.

Layer a flour tortilla, a spoonful or two of the fish and eggplant
mixture, and a 4-grated-cheese blend from TJ's consisting of parmesan,
asiago, fontina, and "mild" provolone.

You could use a big dish but, since I was just making it for me, I used
a big soup bowl, preparing it several hours ahead of time and letting it
sit at room temperature for the tortilla to soak up the tomato sauce.
Cooking was microwaving it until the cheese at the outside edges was
well melted - an oven would have done a better job but this was more
than good enough. Delicious, and I've had this leftover 'lasagna' three
times now in the last week.

(For those who haven't heard of it, the Warrior Diet book is what I
credit for keeping me at my high school graduation weight through middle
age - the basic principle is that you only eat a little during the day,
nothing that feels like a complete meal, and then you eat a big dinner.
It's worked great for me - I've added muscle and lost fat during the
years I've been on it and my body composition continues to slowly
improve, nothing to sneeze at when you're 57. An added benefit is that
I feel much more alert during the day and fall asleep easily at
night.. Regardless of how you feel about this approach to eating, the
book and now the web site do have some interesting recipes.)

-S-