Bigbazza

Default OT...Breast Cancer Bill in Congress

Breast Cancer Bill in Congress

Please pass this on to all your friends and family...

Breast Cancer Hospitalization Bill - Important legislation for all women
and all men who love them. Please send this to everyone in your address
book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be
heard, this is one of those times. If you are receiving this it's because I
think you will take the 30 seconds to go and vote on this issue...and send
it on to others you know who will do the same.

There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will
require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for
patients undergoing a mastectomy and a 24-hour stay for a woman undergoing a
lymph node dissection. It's about eliminating the "drive-through
mastectomy" where women are forced to go home hours after surgery against
the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with
drainage tubes still attached. Lifetime Television has put this bill on
their web page with a petition drive to show your support. Last year over
half the House signed on.

PLEASE!!!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not
give more than your name and zip code number.

http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/bre...my_pledge.html

WardNA

>It's about eliminating the "drive-through
>mastectomy" where women are forced to go home hours after surgery against
>the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with
>drainage tubes still attached.

Does it affect their prognosis or survival rate? Does it lower the cost? Does
it permit a society with limited resources to offer treatment to women who
might not otherwise get it?