Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This is not your average cook book, What is the Paleo CookBook?

This is not your average cook book. During my first glance through Sébastien's phenomenal new cooking guide I was blown away by the shear volume of helpful cooking information it contains. This isn't just a collection of delicious paleo recipes (of which it contains well over 300!), it's also an indispensable guide on how to master the preparation of various complicated dishes.
What is the Paleo CookBook?
Here's just a small preview of what you're about to get with the Paleo Recipe Book:
Over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food.
100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives.
Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips... Nothing has been left out!
The cookbook is an instant access eBook so you can get things started right away and don't have to wait to start making positive health changes in your life.
Cooking guides, charts and reference sheets have been included to make your life even easier and to help you cook just about anything. Your guide to cooking the perfect steak and the Paleo food list are two examples of what's included.

What is the Paleo CookBook?

http://paleo.fv789.com Sponsored
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, alval > wrote:

>What is the Paleo CookBook?
>
>http://paleo.fv789.com Sponsored

This is spam. If you click that link and then buy the $27 PDF book the
spammer will make about a 50% commission through Clickbank.

Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 12:24:46 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

>Not to mention the book probably sucks and isn't worth $.10. Just a
>bunch of recipes slapped together with maybe some half-witted preface.

Oh they may not be so bad. You can see most of them at Sebastien's site:

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-diet-recipes/
http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-recipes/

Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

alval wrote:
> This is not your average cook book. During my first glance through
> Sébastien's phenomenal new cooking guide I was blown away by the
> shear volume of helpful cooking information it contains. This isn't
> just a collection of delicious paleo recipes (of which it contains
> well over 300!), it's also an indispensable guide on how to master
> the preparation of various complicated dishes.
> What is the Paleo CookBook?
> Here's just a small preview of what you're about to get with the
> Paleo Recipe Book:
> Over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough
> options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest
> and tastiest food.
> 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no
> vegetable oils and no preservatives.
> Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides,
> dips... Nothing has been left out!
> The cookbook is an instant access eBook so you can get things started
> right away and don't have to wait to start making positive health
> changes in your life.
> Cooking guides, charts and reference sheets have been included to
> make your life even easier and to help you cook just about anything.
> Your guide to cooking the perfect steak and the Paleo food list are
> two examples of what's included.
>
> What is the Paleo CookBook?

<spam snipped>

Not at all new. Not at all interested.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 04:10:54 -0700 (PDT), alval wrote:
>
>> What is the Paleo CookBook?
>>
>> http://paleo.fvsnip.com Sponsored

> Or you can save the $27 and not deal with spammers. Just download the
> book for free from:
>
> http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/2...pe?tab=summary
>
> -sw

Or read Neanderthin, same thing.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:37:06 -0700, Cheri > wrote:

>Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Just download the book for free from:
>> http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/2...pe?tab=summary

Thanks! It never dawned on me to look for it on a bit torrent site.

>Or read Neanderthin, same thing.

Neanderthin does not have as many recipes.

Ray Audette has done a couple of interviews recently which has driven up
the price of the book on the used market. They used to start around $20.
Now you can't really find one for under $30. See:

http://www.amazon.com/NeanderThin-Ca...dp/0312975910/

And yes, we have pestered Ray about reprinting.

Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives.
>Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips... Nothing has been left out!

Dr Chung, is that you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:42:26 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

>There was another collection of 8 paleo cooking books out there as
>well. It think it was on bitsnoop (which BitChe found for me - a
>standalone local torrent search client). There looked to be some
>"real" books in the collection.

I haven't been into e-books. Though I do have Kindle for PC installed that
lets me check out Kindle books on their free day. Or to buy and return
books, so that I can analyze the recipe sources and write a review.

Searching only on Demonoid I did come across this collection:
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2756394/

It requires an e-book reader, like: http://calibre-ebook.com/

I went through the demo. A very slick reader!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:40:59 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

>> Searching only on Demonoid I did come across this collection:
>> http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2756394/

>I hadn't noticed that they were making collections of ebook formatted
>books. Ah, what the heck... it's only 4.5 gigs (ouch ;-)

You could halve it by selectively only downloading one of the two formats.
Like the ePub ones only. Each book also has two other files. A jpg of the
cover and an opf file. The latter is part of the ePub format and stores
eBook information such as the title, language, book ID, creator, reading
order, and display formatting. So you could skip all the mobi files and cut
the download in half.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:42:35 -0500, Sqwertz > wrote:

>I didn't realize that both formats were included for EACH book. I
>thought it was an either/or thing. Unfortunately uTorrent doesn't
>have an easy way to select files based on extension.

This is true.

> Nor a way to
>expand all the titles so that you can see the individual files.

Sure you can. The column widths on the bottom are variable. Just expand the
first column (called Path) as wide as necessary. Then using the Ctrl key
you can select all the mobi files one by one and then right click and
select Don't Download.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Don Wiss wrote:
> Cheri > wrote:
>
>>Or read Neanderthin, same thing.

The first book I read on the Paleolithic system. Always my favorite.

> Neanderthin does not have as many recipes.

Yeah, but gotta love a book that recommends falconry for exercise!

> And yes, we have pestered Ray about reprinting.

His book is a classic. At some point it will pay enough to have a
printing run.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012), Doug Freyburger > wrote:

>Don Wiss wrote:
>> Neanderthin does not have as many recipes.

>Yeah, but gotta love a book that recommends falconry for exercise!

Unfortunately Ray no longer has a hawk. He lives in an apartment now. He
got divorced, then married his high school sweetheart, and then divorced
again. He is now working as a sales rep in a furniture store.

>His book is a classic. At some point it will pay enough to have a
>printing run.

It is up to the publisher. They should at least come out with an e-book
version. With the high used price the publisher should take notice.

I pulled what I could out of archive.org and I've recreated his website the
best I could. See: http://neanderthin.com/. You will see some missing
images that I couldn't get. And Ray has nothing to fill in the missing
pieces.

Don. http://paleodiet.com/definition.htm (e-mail link at page bottom).