FoodBanter.com

-   -   How Do You Best Like Chicken Prepared? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/418543-re-how-do-you.html)

Steve Pope 27-06-2012 06:08 PM

How Do You Best Like Chicken Prepared?

Recently we found it necessary to cook up some chicken on short notice,
and there happened to be a copy of Mark Bittman's "How To Cook Everything"
on hand. He recommended baking it quickly (20 minutes at 500F) with
a minimal amount of tomato/broth/herbs around it. Turned out excellent.
(These re bone-in skinless breasts, which was all the local butcher had.)

Steve

Steve Pope 27-06-2012 07:15 PM

Sqwertz > wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:08:51 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

>> (These re bone-in skinless breasts, which was all the local butcher had.)

>How hard is it for a butcher to stock skin-on chicken breasts (or
>thighs) and then just rip off the skin if/when a customer insists on
>skinless?

There is only one small butcher in Saluda, North Carolina and this
is what he had.

>(Bone-in skinless breasts seems kinda silly anyway - I haven't seen
>them for practically ever)

May be a regional sort of thing.

Steve

Steve Pope 27-06-2012 08:36 PM

Sqwertz > wrote:

>(Bone-in skinless breasts seems kinda silly anyway - I haven't seen
>them for practically ever)

I noticed that compared to boneless chicken breasts, they do not
flop around, curl up, or otherwise change their shape as much while
you are cooking them. Maybe there is some sort of advantage to this.

Steve

sf[_9_] 28-06-2012 06:22 AM

How Do You Best Like Chicken Prepared?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:36:41 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve Pope) wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> >(Bone-in skinless breasts seems kinda silly anyway - I haven't seen
> >them for practically ever)

> I noticed that compared to boneless chicken breasts, they do not
> flop around, curl up, or otherwise change their shape as much while
> you are cooking them. Maybe there is some sort of advantage to this.

I don't have a problem with skinless, boneless chicken breasts doing
anything weird either... except for the fact that I don't like white
meat as well as I like dark ( which I prefer skinless and boneless
too) - they're fine.

sf[_9_] 28-06-2012 03:43 PM

How Do You Best Like Chicken Prepared?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 00:39:42 -0500, Needs Glasses >
wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 22:22:44 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:36:41 +0000 (UTC),
> > (Steve Pope) wrote:

> >> I noticed that compared to boneless chicken breasts, they do not
> >> flop around, curl up, or otherwise change their shape as much while
> >> you are cooking them. Maybe there is some sort of advantage to this.
> >>

> > I don't have a problem with skinless, boneless chicken breasts doing
> > anything weird either...

> And yet again Barbie the Brain totally misunderstood what she was
> reading.
>
> Bravo!
>
> What comes around goes around. Hugs and kisses, Barbie!

Yup. Steve Wertz the nym shifter, whatta guy.