Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Giant vegetarian lunch

I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
eating a huge meal.

1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
1/2# button mushrooms
One red onion
4 serranos
a bunch of pressed garlic
pecan oil to saute it all
about 2T sesame seeds

Soy sauce added on the plate. I'm going to have to open some windows
to get the garlic out.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 10:03*am, Bryan > wrote:
> I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
> eating a huge meal.
>
> 1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
> 1/2# button mushrooms
> One red onion
> 4 serranos
> a bunch of pressed garlic
> pecan oil to saute it all
> about 2T sesame seeds
>
> Soy sauce added on the plate. *I'm going to have to open some windows
> to get the garlic out.
>
> --Bryan

that gives me gas just thinking about it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:04:14 PM UTC-6, Andy Tillinghast wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:03*am, Bryan
> wrote:
> > I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
> > eating a huge meal.
> >
> > 1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
> > 1/2# button mushrooms
> > One red onion
> > 4 serranos
> > a bunch of pressed garlic
> > pecan oil to saute it all
> > about 2T sesame seeds
> >
> > Soy sauce added on the plate. *I'm going to have to open some windows
> > to get the garlic out.
> >
> > --Bryan

> that gives me gas just thinking about it.

If I had to eat food like that every day I would barf myself skinny.
==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 12:03*pm, Bryan > wrote:

> I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
> eating a huge meal.
>
> a bunch of pressed garlic
>

> Soy sauce added on the plate. *I'm going to have to open some windows
> to get the garlic out.
>
> Bryan

And I hope you're not expecting company today. I heard Dracula say
he'd stop another day when the 'stinking rose' won't be in evidence.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
> eating a huge meal.
>
> 1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
> 1/2# button mushrooms
> One red onion
> 4 serranos
> a bunch of pressed garlic
> pecan oil to saute it all
> about 2T sesame seeds
>
> Soy sauce added on the plate. I'm going to have to open some windows
> to get the garlic out.
>
> --Bryan

Congratulations on the weight loss, Bryan. Not many ppl can stick to
working diet. Your meal sounds good to me except... "Where's the beef?"
(chicken actually is what I would add)

Also maybe consider this? Instead of just soy sauce on the plate, maybe a
mix of soy sauce, vinegar, and a bit of sesame oil? Just a thought about
what I might do for myself.

Gary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:37:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bryan wrote:
>>
>> I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
>> eating a huge meal.
>>
>> 1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
>> 1/2# button mushrooms
>> One red onion
>> 4 serranos
>> a bunch of pressed garlic
>> pecan oil to saute it all
>> about 2T sesame seeds
>>
>> Soy sauce added on the plate. I'm going to have to open some windows
>> to get the garlic out.
>>
>> --Bryan

>Congratulations on the weight loss, Bryan. Not many ppl can stick to
>working diet. Your meal sounds good to me except... "Where's the beef?"
>(chicken actually is what I would add)
>
>Also maybe consider this? Instead of just soy sauce on the plate, maybe a
>mix of soy sauce, vinegar, and a bit of sesame oil? Just a thought about
>what I might do for myself.
>
>Gary

Well, it would not be "vegetarian" then, would it? ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:37:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Bryan wrote:
> >>
> >> I decided to celebrate my lowest weight so far (175.8 this morning) by
> >> eating a huge meal.
> >>
> >> 1 each, red, orange and green bell pepper
> >> 1/2# button mushrooms
> >> One red onion
> >> 4 serranos
> >> a bunch of pressed garlic
> >> pecan oil to saute it all
> >> about 2T sesame seeds
> >>
> >> Soy sauce added on the plate. I'm going to have to open some windows
> >> to get the garlic out.
> >>
> >> --Bryan

> >Congratulations on the weight loss, Bryan. Not many ppl can stick to
> >working diet. Your meal sounds good to me except... "Where's the beef?"
> >(chicken actually is what I would add)
> >
> >Also maybe consider this? Instead of just soy sauce on the plate, maybe a
> >mix of soy sauce, vinegar, and a bit of sesame oil? Just a thought about
> >what I might do for myself.
> >
> >Gary

> Well, it would not be "vegetarian" then, would it? ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Brian is not a vegetarian so why do you mention that?

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 7:48*pm, Gary > wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> > >Congratulations on the weight loss, Bryan. *Not many ppl can stick to
> > >working diet.

It's gotten pretty easy. I just avoid starch--which is more
logistically difficult than it is curbing desire. Luckily, I actually
enjoy sucralose. I've come to enjoy totally pigging out on low carb
veggies, especially lettuce. Last night I made my wife spinach from
our garden with cheese sauce made with Gouda, and I ate whatever she
didn't finish, just kind of snacking on it over a couple of hours. It
was a happy thing when this morning I discovered that there were a
couple of bites of it still in the pan.

I never count calories or carbs, and I realize that I'm real-assed
lucky that I don't have to. Optimizing ones body to operate primarily
on ketones rather than glucose works for a lot of people, and it's not
really radical, and certainly not unhealthful.

> > > Your meal sounds good to me except... "Where's the beef?"
> > >(chicken actually is what I would add)

I had a major protein breakfast, 5 sausage patties and three eggs.

> > >Gary

> > Well, it would not be "vegetarian" then, would it? ;-)

> > John Kuthe...

> Brian is not a vegetarian so why do you mention that?

It was a vegetarian meal, one that vegetarians could also enjoy. I
eat more meat than is probably ideal heath-wise, but I can enjoy a
vegan meal as long as it doesn't include a bunch of starch. I don't
try to substitute calories from protein for calories from carbs. That
doesn't make me feel good. Instead, I substitute fat for carbs,
mostly neutral or good fat. The lunch I described had a half a pound
of cheap button mushrooms instead of meat, and the soy sauce provided
plenty of umami.

> Gary

--Bryan