FoodBanter.com

-   -   Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/414439-pizza-magic-alla-pandora.html)

Pandora[_2_] 31-12-2011 04:41 PM

On 31 Dic, 03:11, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 12/30/2011 9:42 AM, Pandora wrote:

> >> Here you are, just scroll the page to the top:

> >>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...thread/thread/....

> > Vilcucciooooooo! **YOU* are an Angel!!!! I have found it. But it's a
> > pity for the pic because tynipic has removed!!!!! But I think i have a
> > foto in a CD or in some forum! I will see. Thank you very much!
> > cheers
> > Pandora

> I was looking forward to the pics, too. *:) *But it was good to see the
> recipes.
>
> Thanks!

Here the pic
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4996/cimg0152p.jpg
Cheers and Good New year
Pandora

sf[_9_] 31-12-2011 07:05 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:22:10 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 12/30/2011 10:39 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:19 pm, > wrote:
> >> Make the fountain with the flour. In the middle put yeast and sugar.
> >> Add oil and water few at a time. Knead till the dough is perfectly
> >> smooth (about 10’); if it is too much sticky add some other flour.
> >> Make 2 balls and with a knife impress a cross over them. Let them rise
> >> (covered with a damped kitchen towel) for half an hour. When is the
> >> time, take 1 ball and, with a rolling pin, roll out the dough at about
> >> 3 mm. thickness (think it will rise again more then double. Oil the
> >> baking pin and put inside the dough just made.

> > I'm glad to see that you used a rolling pin. I don't know how many
> > times I've read never to roll out pizza dough, but heck - how many ppl
> > can do the air-twirl? Not THIS kid. I gently roll mine all the time.
> >
> > Your recipe is like mine - only I let my ABM do the work.

> Same here. I was surprised when people told me not to roll the crust. I
> will be trying this with my new FP. :) I've never had a full sized FP
> before, and now I have one!

There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
practical experience. The FP is fast and easy. I use it for all of
my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. I want a thin
pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it. If the
kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. If it rises, I find it wants to
stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
losing any toppings is a bear. I usually have to run a spatula under
it to make sure everything is loose first.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

sf[_9_] 31-12-2011 07:06 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:29:36 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
wrote:

> On 31 Dic, 03:22, Cheryl > wrote:
> > On 12/30/2011 10:39 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> >

> > Same here. I was surprised when people told me not to roll the crust. *I
> > will be trying this with my new FP. *:) *I've never had a full sized FP
> > before, and now I have one!

> What is an FP????? Sorry for the question:)

That's rfc talk for Food Processor.

Serene Vannoy 31-12-2011 07:31 PM

On 12/30/2011 05:41 AM, Pandora wrote:
> On 29 Dic, 22:07, Serene > wrote:
>> On 12/29/2011 10:19 AM, Pandora wrote:
>>
>>> Here is my tested recipe. Crisp and soft in the same time, and you can
>>> make many types in advance. Try it!

>> I will! I had so much luck with your angel's breads that I'm always
>> happy to try your recipes!
>>
>> Serene
>> --http://www.momfoodproject.com

> Ehilaaaaa!!!! Serene!! I remember of it!!!!! Unfortunately I have no
> more recipe and pic because I have changed PC and I had no time to see
> if Something saved in the hard disk!!!!! Do you remember the year I
> have posted it on RFC? BTW if you try this pizza you will be
> satisfied! A kiss and Happy New year!

I actually posted about it to my food blog, with links to your recipe. I
emailed you at the time, but you were out of contact.

Here's the salted version: http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=406

Here's the sweet: http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=364

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com

Serene Vannoy 31-12-2011 07:33 PM

On 12/31/2011 11:31 AM, Serene Vannoy wrote:

> Here's the salted version: http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=406
>

> Here's the sweet: http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=364

Which made me realize the photo links are broken. Give me a few minutes
and I'll get them back up.

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com

Pandora[_2_] 31-12-2011 08:49 PM

On 31 Dic, 20:33, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 11:31 AM, Serene Vannoy wrote:
>

> > Here's the salted version:http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=406

> > Here's the sweet:http://www.momfoodproject.com/?p=364

> Which made me realize the photo links are broken. Give me a few minutes
> and I'll get them back up.
>
> Serene
>
> --http://www.momfoodproject.com

Serene!!! THIS IS A VERY SURPRISE!!!! I have never seen or heard of
that site!!! Is it of your doughter????
I have answered now on that site. Thank you for having posting the
link!!!!I Am so moved to tears:)
Cheers and Good year
Pandora

Cheryl[_3_] 31-12-2011 09:29 PM

On 12/31/2011 11:29 AM, Pandora wrote:

> On 31 Dic, 03:22, > wrote:
>>
>> Same here. I was surprised when people told me not to roll the crust. I
>> will be trying this with my new FP. :) I've never had a full sized FP
>> before, and now I have one!

> What is an FP????? Sorry for the question:)
> Happy New year
> Pandora

Sorry, food processor.

Cheryl[_3_] 01-01-2012 01:41 AM

On 12/31/2011 2:05 PM, sf wrote:

> There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
> practical experience. The FP is fast and easy. I use it for all of
> my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. I want a thin
> pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it.

My last attempt at a thin crispy crust took out a crown. I like the
idea of making it thin, then let it rise just a bit before putting on
the toppings to bake it.

If the
> kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. If it rises, I find it wants to
> stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
> floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
> losing any toppings is a bear. I usually have to run a spatula under
> it to make sure everything is loose first.

I'm going to try it. I just made a huge pot of pasta and sauce for
freezing for meals, and wow is it yummy. I used meatballs I made a
couple of weeks ago. Individual servings are just now frozen in
foodsaver bags. I found a recipe for chocolate, walnut, raisin cookies
I'm doing next, and the pizza is going to be after that.

Pandora[_2_] 01-01-2012 02:02 AM

On 31 Dic 2011, 20:05, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:22:10 -0500, Cheryl >
> wrote:

> > > I'm glad to see that you used a rolling pin. *I don't know how many
> > > times I've read never to roll out pizza dough, but heck - how many ppl
> > > can do the air-twirl? *Not THIS kid. *I gently roll mine all the time.

> > > Your recipe is like mine - only I let my ABM do the work.

> > Same here. I was surprised when people told me not to roll the crust. *I
> > will be trying this with my new FP. *:) *I've never had a full sized FP
> > before, and now I have one!

> There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
> practical experience. *The FP is fast and easy. *I use it for all of
> my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. *I want a thin
> pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it. *If the
> kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. *If it rises, I find it wants to
> stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
> floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
> losing any toppings is a bear. *I usually have to run a spatula under
> it to make sure everything is loose first.
> --
>
> Ham and eggs.
> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Yes but pizza Must rise! In a way or another! :)

Pandora[_2_] 01-01-2012 02:07 AM

On 31 Dic 2011, 22:29, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 11:29 AM, Pandora wrote:
>
> > On 31 Dic, 03:22, > *wrote:

> >> Same here. I was surprised when people told me not to roll the crust. *I
> >> will be trying this with my new FP. *:) *I've never had a full sized FP
> >> before, and now I have one!

> > What is an FP????? Sorry for the question:)
> > Happy New year
> > Pandora

> Sorry, food processor.

yes! Now I understand. I don't use Fb for pizza because I believe that
energy of fingers can do more fore a good rising.

sf[_9_] 01-01-2012 05:02 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:02:03 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
wrote:

> On 31 Dic 2011, 20:05, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:22:10 -0500, Cheryl >
> > wrote:
> >

> > There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
> > practical experience. *The FP is fast and easy. *I use it for all of
> > my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. *I want a thin
> > pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it. *If the
> > kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. *If it rises, I find it wants to
> > stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
> > floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
> > losing any toppings is a bear. *I usually have to run a spatula under
> > it to make sure everything is loose first.
> > --

> Yes but pizza Must rise! In a way or another! :)

The dough needs to rise, but not after it's shaped into a pizza. The
only dough that rises after I've made it into pizza is focaccia, but
it's in a pan and doesn't come out until after it's baked, so no
problem.

Pandora[_2_] 01-01-2012 07:47 PM

On 1 Gen, 18:02, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:02:03 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
> wrote:
>

> > On 31 Dic 2011, 20:05, sf > wrote:
> > > On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:22:10 -0500, Cheryl >
> > > wrote:

> > > There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
> > > practical experience. *The FP is fast and easy. *I use it for all of
> > > my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. *I want a thin
> > > pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it. *If the
> > > kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. *If it rises, I find it wants to
> > > stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
> > > floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
> > > losing any toppings is a bear. *I usually have to run a spatula under
> > > it to make sure everything is loose first.
> > > --

> > Yes but pizza Must rise! In a way or another! :)

> The dough needs to rise, but not after it's shaped into a pizza. *The
> only dough that rises after I've made it into pizza is focaccia, but
> it's in a pan and doesn't come out until after it's baked, so no
> problem.
> --
>
> Ham and eggs.
> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Excuse me but I have to contradict you. I have made thousand of pizzas
and focacce. I know that focaccia rise in the baking pan befor you
bake. I Know. I have never dreamt to make pizza in this way befor
having tasted this way of cooking.
Cheers and good year
Pandora

Pandora[_2_] 01-01-2012 07:49 PM

On 1 Gen, 18:02, sf > wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:02:03 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
> wrote:
>

> > On 31 Dic 2011, 20:05, sf > wrote:
> > > On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:22:10 -0500, Cheryl >
> > > wrote:

> > > There are a lot of people on rfc who are steeped more in theory than
> > > practical experience. *The FP is fast and easy. *I use it for all of
> > > my bread purposes, pizza dough being the primary one. *I want a thin
> > > pizza crust, so I don't let it rise after I've formed it. *If the
> > > kitchen is hot, it will rise anyway. *If it rises, I find it wants to
> > > stick to the sheet it's on (no matter how well the sheet has been
> > > floured or cornmealed), so getting it onto the baking tiles without
> > > losing any toppings is a bear. *I usually have to run a spatula under
> > > it to make sure everything is loose first.
> > > --

> > Yes but pizza Must rise! In a way or another! :)

> The dough needs to rise, but not after it's shaped into a pizza. *The
> only dough that rises after I've made it into pizza is focaccia, but
> it's in a pan and doesn't come out until after it's baked, so no
> problem.
> --
>
> Ham and eggs.
> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

We will discuss on this when you will try it. then you will tell me.
So you can se the difference between a normal rising pizza and a
"focaccia rising pizza". :)))

sf[_9_] 01-01-2012 09:03 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 11:49:50 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
wrote:

> On 1 Gen, 18:02, sf > wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:02:03 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
> > wrote:

> > > Yes but pizza Must rise! In a way or another! :)

> > The dough needs to rise, but not after it's shaped into a pizza. *The
> > only dough that rises after I've made it into pizza is focaccia, but
> > it's in a pan and doesn't come out until after it's baked, so no
> > problem.
> >

> We will discuss on this when you will try it. then you will tell me.
> So you can se the difference between a normal rising pizza and a
> "focaccia rising pizza". :)))

Yes, there's a big difference between the two the way I make them.

Say, you're Roman so you'll know this. How do the "walk away" pizza
shops make the pizza with salad greens on top? What are the various
layers? I don't remember a sauce between the crust and the greens,
but it looks like there is sauce or maybe cheese in the picture below.
I'd skip the tuna and make a Caprese out of the tonno. Is the tonno
basically the same as the one topped with greens until you get to the
visible toppings? They seemed to be constructed pretty much the same
way from shop to shop. http://oi37.tinypic.com/16ixhxf.jpg

Pandora[_2_] 02-01-2012 01:13 PM

On 1 Gen, 22:03, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 11:49:50 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
> wrote:
>

> > On 1 Gen, 18:02, sf > wrote:

> > > The dough needs to rise, but not after it's shaped into a pizza. The
> > > only dough that rises after I've made it into pizza is focaccia, but
> > > it's in a pan and doesn't come out until after it's baked, so no
> > > problem.

> > We will discuss on this when you will try it. then you will tell me.
> > So you can se the difference between a normal rising pizza and a
> > "focaccia rising pizza". :)))

> Yes, there's a big difference between the two the way I make them.
>
> Say, you're Roman so you'll know this. *How do the "walk away" pizza
> shops make the pizza with salad greens on top? *What are the various
> layers? *I don't remember a sauce between the crust and the greens,
> but it looks like there is sauce or maybe cheese in the picture below.
> I'd skip the tuna and make a Caprese out of the tonno. *Is the tonno
> basically the same as the one topped with greens until you get to the
> visible toppings? *They seemed to be constructed pretty much the same
> way from shop to shop.http://oi37.tinypic.com/16ixhxf.jpg
> --
>
> Ham and eggs.
> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Well, there are different way. They bake pizza with a very small
quantity of tomatoe sauce and then they put all the raw ingredients on
top. Others make a white pizza and then put the greens like in your
pic. I prefer the second way....
I don't think, in the pic, they have put some sausage. BTW a pizza
caprese is very good in summer because the ingredients on top are
cold. Don't you thonk so?
Cheers
Pandora

sf[_9_] 02-01-2012 03:30 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 05:13:13 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
wrote:

> Well, there are different way. They bake pizza with a very small
> quantity of tomatoe sauce and then they put all the raw ingredients on
> top. Others make a white pizza and then put the greens like in your
> pic. I prefer the second way....

What exactly is a Roman style white pizza? I think it means olive oil
and herbs, but I don't know for sure. I've never ordered one over
here mainly because I don't go to pizza restaurants that have them on
the menu, but secondly because I've read that some places over here
use some sort of white cheesy sauce and that thought doesn't appeal to
me. I'd rather find out how a Roman style white pizza is made and
make it myself at home.

> I don't think, in the pic, they have put some sausage.

No sausage on either one.

> BTW a pizza
> caprese is very good in summer because the ingredients on top are
> cold. Don't you thonk so?

They didn't have Caprese when I was in Rome (Autumn), but I would have
tried it if I had the chance. I fell in love with the concept of cold
toppings that shouldn't be heated.

Pandora[_2_] 02-01-2012 05:18 PM

On 2 Gen, 16:30, sf > wrote:

> What exactly is a Roman style white pizza? *I think it means olive oil
> and herbs, but I don't know for sure. *I've never ordered one over
> here mainly because I don't go to pizza restaurants that have them on
> the menu, but secondly because I've read that some places over here
> use some sort of white cheesy sauce and that thought doesn't appeal to
> me. *I'd rather find out how a Roman style white pizza is made and
> make it myself at home.

Well, the real roman style pizza is like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/56929836.jpg/
But is a little difficult to make it at home unless you have a wood
burning oven! They also do it with other kinf of ovens, but is not the
same.
You can find Roman pizza in baker's shop. Roman people use eat it
(expecially at half morning) stuffed with mortadella! It is a very
dainty!
It comes out like you see in the pic because they use sourdough! For
this reason I have told you is a little difficult to make it! When I
had wood burning oven and sourdough, it came out perfectly! No herbs
on it, only oil and salt (often kitchen salt). And no cheese!!!

> They didn't have Caprese when I was in Rome (Autumn), but I would have
> tried it if I had the chance. *I fell in love with the concept of cold
> toppings that shouldn't be heated.

Ohhh! It's a pity you didn't taste teh roman pizza. You was in
Rome!!!! Perhaps you didn't know you had to finbd it in baker's shop!
Yes I agree with your concept of cold toppings, but only in summer or
like an appetizer!
cheers
Pandora

sf[_9_] 02-01-2012 06:25 PM

Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 09:18:46 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
wrote:

> On 2 Gen, 16:30, sf > wrote:
>

> > What exactly is a Roman style white pizza? *I think it means olive oil
> > and herbs, but I don't know for sure. *I've never ordered one over
> > here mainly because I don't go to pizza restaurants that have them on
> > the menu, but secondly because I've read that some places over here
> > use some sort of white cheesy sauce and that thought doesn't appeal to
> > me. *I'd rather find out how a Roman style white pizza is made and
> > make it myself at home.

> Well, the real roman style pizza is like this:
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/56929836.jpg/

I did see those somewhere (don't remember where), but I wasn't hungry
when I ran across them. Too bad! Well, maybe next time.

> But is a little difficult to make it at home unless you have a wood
> burning oven! They also do it with other kinf of ovens, but is not the
> same.
> You can find Roman pizza in baker's shop. Roman people use eat it
> (expecially at half morning) stuffed with mortadella! It is a very
> dainty!
> It comes out like you see in the pic because they use sourdough! For
> this reason I have told you is a little difficult to make it! When I
> had wood burning oven and sourdough, it came out perfectly! No herbs
> on it, only oil and salt (often kitchen salt). And no cheese!!!

Aha, I see! Well, I can try it anyway. Never having had the real
thing, I'll be happy with "not so good".

> > They didn't have Caprese when I was in Rome (Autumn), but I would have
> > tried it if I had the chance. *I fell in love with the concept of cold
> > toppings that shouldn't be heated.

> Ohhh! It's a pity you didn't taste teh roman pizza. You was in
> Rome!!!! Perhaps you didn't know you had to finbd it in baker's shop!

Correct, I didn't. I can get wood fired pizza here, so I don't feel
like I missed anything in that respect. However, sourdough pizza is
not common here... so I missed out that way. Well, it's just another
good reason to return. :)

> Yes I agree with your concept of cold toppings, but only in summer or
> like an appetizer!
> cheers

The picture I posted was the typical of the type of shop where I found
pizza. It was very common. What do you call them if they aren't
pizza? They were "walk away" type that are sold by the 100 grams. I
thought what I tried was very tasty.

Pandora[_2_] 02-01-2012 07:05 PM

On 2 Gen, 19:25, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 09:18:46 -0800 (PST), Pandora >
> wrote:

> I did see those somewhere (don't remember where), but I wasn't hungry
> when I ran across them. *Too bad! *Well, maybe next time.

You must try it with mortadella inside. Paradisiac!

> Aha, I see! *Well, I can try it anyway. *Never having had the real
> thing, I'll be happy with "not so good".

Yes! "Not so good" is just enough for the not-bakers people:)

> > Ohhh! It's a pity you didn't taste teh roman pizza. You was in
> > Rome!!!! Perhaps you didn't know you had to finbd it in baker's shop!

> Correct, I didn't. *I can get wood fired pizza here, so I don't feel
> like I missed anything in that respect. *However, sourdough pizza is
> not common here... so I missed out that way. *Well, it's just another
> good reason to return. *:)

Well I hope you to taste it ASAP

> The picture I posted was the typical of the type of shop where I found
> pizza. *It was very common. *What do you call them if they aren't
> pizza? *They were "walk away" type that are sold by the 100 grams. *I
> thought what I tried was very tasty.

It is pizza, and we call it pizza! "Walk away pizza" is "Pizza al
taglio" for us. And it is written out of the shop...
Very often Roman people use to eat (before pizza) some "supplì al
telefono" as appetizer. The maximum for me!
Cheers
Pandora