Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 200 Fresh Bing Cherries, pitted and soaking in MAJIC JUICE!

Yes, liquor is involved!

:-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2011 7:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> Yes, liquor is involved!
>
> :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

A neighbor used to make those every year as Christmas gifts. She called
them "Cherry Bombs".

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 8:59*pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 7:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > Yes, liquor is involved!

> > :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> A neighbor used to make those every year as Christmas gifts. *She called
> them "Cherry Bombs".
>
> gloria p

I call mine Chocolate Covered Cherries!

Tomorrow I'll dip them:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 8:59*pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 7:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > Yes, liquor is involved!

> > :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> A neighbor used to make those every year as Christmas gifts. *She called
> them "Cherry Bombs".
>
> gloria p

After I dip them tomorrow, I will call them Chocolate Covered
Cherries:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 10:15*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 16, 8:59*pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
>
> > On 12/16/2011 7:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

> > > Yes, liquor is involved!

> > > :-)

> > > John Kuthe...

> > A neighbor used to make those every year as Christmas gifts. *She called
> > them "Cherry Bombs".

> > gloria p

> I call mine Chocolate Covered Cherries!
>
> Tomorrow I'll dip them:
>
> http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg
>
> John Kuthe...

I use hospital-grade alcohol for that, something I learned from my
MIL. Look up vishnick a.k.a. wisniak.

Jerry
--
"I view the progress of science as being the slow erosion of the
tendency to dichotomize." Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 16, 9:46*pm, Jerry Avins > wrote:
> On Dec 16, 10:15*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > A neighbor used to make those every year as Christmas gifts. *She called
> > > them "Cherry Bombs".

> > > gloria p

> > I call mine Chocolate Covered Cherries!

> > Tomorrow I'll dip them:

> >http://oi55.tinypic.com/244pkch.jpg

> > John Kuthe...

> I use hospital-grade alcohol for that, something I learned from my
> MIL. Look up vishnick a.k.a. wisniak.
>
> Jerry

I do it for the flavor, not to make them alcoholic. The stuff I'm
soaking them in is about 20% at most.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I just read a recipe from a cookbook about soaking 1 lb pitted dates in
1 cup brandy turning occasionally until most of the brandy is absorbed,
about 24hrs. Stuff each date with a pecan halve. Press to close. Roll in
sugar. Store airtight in refrigerator.

They might be good for dipping.