Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default great 3 in 1 tool

I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
well. All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
puppy. Sur la Table offered a spat for twenty some bucks - made in
Italy. Fuhgeddit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

>I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
>slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
>AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
>well. All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
>puppy.

What is it made of? Can you post a picture or a link from the
manufacturer so I can see it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

> I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
> slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
> AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
> well. All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
> puppy. Sur la Table offered a spat for twenty some bucks - made in
> Italy. Fuhgeddit.

I had something like that years ago. Almost like
a wide chisel. It had a short handle, and not enough
angle, so it wasn't easy to use in a pot with steep
sides. I stressed it too much because of that, and
the handle broke off. I got another one, and it
happened again. I don't remember if it happened
a third time. That was my last spatula until a week
ago. I changed my habits to not cook stuff that would
stick enough to require a spatula.

A week ago, I was going to cook something I feared
would stick (fresh wheat gluten) so I bought my first
spatula in years. I was at the nearby Asian supermarket,
and I didn't see anything resembling a conventional
spatula, but there ones for a wok. For $3, I could
get one with the blade spot-welded in four spots to
the handle, or for $4 all formed from one piece. I've
had them break at that point before, so I bought the
deluxe model.

The fresh wheat gluten fried nicely without sticking
at all, and the wok spatula worked well. Unlike a
conventional Western spatula, the wok spatula has
a raised edge along two sides like a shovel, which
makes it easier to capture and hold small fried things.
It probably would not work so nicely with a big thing
like a fish fillet or hamburger. I was using it in
the same flat-bottom cast iron pot that defeated my
previous spatulae.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 10, 10:26*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
>
> >I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
> >slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
> >AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
> >well. * All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
> >puppy.

> What is it made of? *Can you post a picture or a link from the
> manufacturer so I can see it.

Stainless with plastic handle.
www.goodcook.com

Just made a sangwidge - used it to flip the bean burger, slice the
roll, slice the tomato, and slice the sandwidge for gracious eating.
I expect a huge reduction in water usage now - ha.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Dec 11, 10:01*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Dec 10, 10:26*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
> > Kalmia wrote:

> > >I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
> > >slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
> > >AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
> > >well. * All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
> > >puppy.

> > What is it made of? *Can you post a picture or a link from the
> > manufacturer so I can see it.

> Stainless with plastic handle.www.goodcook.com
>
> Just made a sangwidge - used it to flip the bean burger, slice the
> roll, slice the tomato, and slice the sandwidge for gracious eating.
> I expect a huge reduction in water usage now - ha.

that link doesn't work

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:22:21 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 10:01*am, Kalmia > wrote:

> > > What is it made of? *Can you post a picture or a link from the
> > > manufacturer so I can see it.

> > Stainless with plastic handle.www.goodcook.com
> >
> > Just made a sangwidge - used it to flip the bean burger, slice the
> > roll, slice the tomato, and slice the sandwidge for gracious eating.
> > I expect a huge reduction in water usage now - ha.

> that link doesn't work

Ditto.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:01:55 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Dec 10, 10:26*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> Kalmia wrote:
>>
>> >I have been threatening to latch onto a narrowish spatula-turner sans
>> >slots or holes. Found one in supermkt WITH serrated edge on one side
>> >AND the leading edge almost razor sharp - well, beveled to a fare-thee-
>> >well. * All for 4 bucks. I can almost prepare a whole meal with this
>> >puppy.

>> What is it made of? *Can you post a picture or a link from the
>> manufacturer so I can see it.

>Stainless with plastic handle.
>www.goodcook.com

Hmm, that link doesn't work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 2:46*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> Hmm, that link doesn't work.

I still have the tag. It's called the 'mini spatula'. The tag also
shows the name of

Bradshaw International
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

#25800 which I take to be a serial number. Buena suerte.

Oh - made in China, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2011 7:02 AM, Kalmia wrote:

> I still have the tag. It's called the 'mini spatula'. The tag also
> shows the name of
>
> Bradshaw International
> Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
>
> #25800 which I take to be a serial number. Buena suerte.
>
> Oh - made in China, of course.

Is this it?

http://tinyurl.com/7svfxhe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:40:56 -0700, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>On 12/12/2011 7:02 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>
>> I still have the tag. It's called the 'mini spatula'. The tag also
>> shows the name of
>>
>> Bradshaw International
>> Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
>>
>> #25800 which I take to be a serial number. Buena suerte.
>>
>> Oh - made in China, of course.

>Is this it?
>

>http://tinyurl.com/7svfxhe

Made me look to see how much my wife paid for me Pampered Chef one.<g>
Only $5.50.

Another one of those things that I chuckled when she bought it,
thinking it would be another useless tool cluttering up 'the drawer'.
Turns out I really like it-- especially when freeing lots of little
cookies from a crowded pan.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 12, 9:40*am, Pennyaline >
wrote:

> Is this it?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7svfxhe

BINGO
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

>Bradshaw International
>Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

One of these?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:41:05 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:40:56 -0700, Pennyaline
> wrote:
>
>>On 12/12/2011 7:02 AM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>>> I still have the tag. It's called the 'mini spatula'. The tag also
>>> shows the name of
>>>
>>> Bradshaw International
>>> Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
>>>
>>> #25800 which I take to be a serial number. Buena suerte.
>>>
>>> Oh - made in China, of course.

>>Is this it?
>>

>>http://tinyurl.com/7svfxhe

>Made me look to see how much my wife paid for me Pampered Chef one.<g>
>Only $5.50.
>
>Another one of those things that I chuckled when she bought it,
>thinking it would be another useless tool cluttering up 'the drawer'.
>Turns out I really like it-- especially when freeing lots of little
>cookies from a crowded pan.

This costs more but nothing else I've used compares, I love it:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...=2,40733,44734

I paid $30+ for a similar tool by All-Crap, it sucks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:41:05 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:40:56 -0700, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>>>Is this it?
>>>

>>>http://tinyurl.com/7svfxhe

>>Made me look to see how much my wife paid for me Pampered Chef one.<g>
>>Only $5.50.
>>
>>Another one of those things that I chuckled when she bought it,
>>thinking it would be another useless tool cluttering up 'the drawer'.
>>Turns out I really like it-- especially when freeing lots of little
>>cookies from a crowded pan.

> This costs more but nothing else I've used compares, I love it:
> http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/p...=2,40733,44734
>
> I paid $30+ for a similar tool by All-Crap, it sucks.

But Kalmia said it had a serrated edge. I've got something similiar to the
first posted description. On mine the blade is stainless, the handle is
wooden but it does have a serrated edge. I wouldn't call it a tool I use
for everything. It comes in handy if I've made a pan of cornbread. I use
it to cut and then remove a piece of cornbread from the pan. That's about
it.

Jill