mjones

Default My solution food storing FP blades

I happened to catch an episode of 30 min. meals yesterday and the hostess,
Rachael Ray, explained how she never could find the extra blades that came
with her food processor.

When I bought my food processor, a Cuisenart basic, it came with two extra
blades with fixed posts. To store them I constructed a simple rack to hold
them out of the way, yet handy on the inside of a cabinet door. (I used the
cabinet over the refrigerator, but I would think that any door wide enough
would work. To make the rack I used a 13" long piece of 3 1/2" "baseboard"
molding and coped two 1/2 circles for the posts to rest in. I made two
spacers to hold the board away from the door and allow room for the blades.
This storage system works great.The blades are out of the way, stay sharp
and are always handy. To see a couple pictures of the rack go to;
http://groups.msn.com/NCStargazersPlace/pictures and click on the "FP blade
holder" album.
Marc

PENMART01

>"mjones" writes:
>
>I happened to catch an episode of 30 min. meals yesterday and the hostess,
>Rachael Ray, explained how she never could find the extra blades that came
>with her food processor.
>
>When I bought my food processor, a Cuisenart basic, it came with two extra
>blades with fixed posts. To store them I constructed a simple rack to hold
>them out of the way, yet handy on the inside of a cabinet door. (I used the
>cabinet over the refrigerator, but I would think that any door wide enough
>would work. To make the rack I used a 13" long piece of 3 1/2" "baseboard"
>molding and coped two 1/2 circles for the posts to rest in. I made two
>spacers to hold the board away from the door and allow room for the blades.
>This storage system works great.The blades are out of the way, stay sharp
>and are always handy. To see a couple pictures of the rack go to;
>http://groups.msn.com/NCStargazersPlace/pictures and click on the "FP blade
>holder" album.

I'd have used a second strip of wood so the inside of your cabinet door would
be protected, eventually it will become all abraded and look like crap....
actually I'd have used two strips of lucite spaced with a few washers, would
look a lot more attractive, as that molding looks like the left over scrap
molding it is, and it's a different wood from the cabinet wood which makes it
look kind of amaturish and I know you can do better.

I like your mailbox art, but why so far in from the road... I don't like the
mail deliverer's wheel ruts in your lawn.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
mjones

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add a little protection to the door, but then
the rack has been there for 8 years and it doesn't "look like crap" yet.
I'm sure yours does the job much better and certainly looks better than the
amateurish job I did.
Gee, I'm sorry that I put my mailbox too far off the road for you and that
you don't like the way it looks....I'll go right out and move it....just for
you.
Marc

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >"mjones" writes:
>>
>>I happened to catch an episode of 30 min. meals yesterday and the hostess,
>>Rachael Ray, explained how she never could find the extra blades that came
>>with her food processor.
>>
>>When I bought my food processor, a Cuisenart basic, it came with two extra
>>blades with fixed posts. To store them I constructed a simple rack to hold
>>them out of the way, yet handy on the inside of a cabinet door. (I used
>>the
>>cabinet over the refrigerator, but I would think that any door wide enough
>>would work. To make the rack I used a 13" long piece of 3 1/2" "baseboard"
>>molding and coped two 1/2 circles for the posts to rest in. I made two
>>spacers to hold the board away from the door and allow room for the
>>blades.
>>This storage system works great.The blades are out of the way, stay sharp
>>and are always handy. To see a couple pictures of the rack go to;
>>http://groups.msn.com/NCStargazersPlace/pictures and click on the "FP
>>blade
>>holder" album.

> I'd have used a second strip of wood so the inside of your cabinet door
> would
> be protected, eventually it will become all abraded and look like crap....
> actually I'd have used two strips of lucite spaced with a few washers,
> would
> look a lot more attractive, as that molding looks like the left over scrap
> molding it is, and it's a different wood from the cabinet wood which makes
> it
> look kind of amaturish and I know you can do better.
>
> I like your mailbox art, but why so far in from the road... I don't like
> the
> mail deliverer's wheel ruts in your lawn.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

PENMART01

>"mjones" writes:
>
>I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add a little protection to the door, but then
>the rack has been there for 8 years and it doesn't "look like crap" yet.
>I'm sure yours does the job much better and certainly looks better than the
>amateurish job I did.
>Gee, I'm sorry that I put my mailbox too far off the road for you and that
>you don't like the way it looks....I'll go right out and move it....just for
>you.
>Marc

Hey, you paranoid prick... I gave you compliments.... too bad you see the glass
half empty, and are too shallow to recognize and appreciate *constructive*
criticism. If you're too sensitive to risk receiving comments you have no
business posting to Newsgroups... it's whiney little douche bags like you who
obviously post personal bs just to start trouble.... why should people be
ogligated to fawn all over your fercocktah ideas regardless their
worthwhileness, do you appreciate being patronized more than hearing honesty,
obviously so. Your posting pictures is simply you crowing and trolling, you
got hooked by your own petard, and as proven by your inappropriate response,
deservingly so.