Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Default FoodSaver owners

If you have not already, register with www.foodsaver.com to get
offers of bargains. I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls at
$8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.

I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
mini machine was listed at $69.95. The mini is for a Christmas
present.

I get notices from them frequently. Once in a while I will place an
order. I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
order.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 10/23/2011 11:54 AM, The Cook wrote:
> If you have not already, register with www.foodsaver.com to get
> offers of bargains. I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls at
> $8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.
>
> I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
> mini machine was listed at $69.95. The mini is for a Christmas
> present.
>
> I get notices from them frequently. Once in a while I will place an
> order. I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
> order.

I ordered some vacuum containers last year and they tossed in a
FoodSaver for free then too. Gave it to our son and his family. I had
registered for emails the year before that. It's a good move sometimes.

Good price on the rolls. I generally buy mine on eBay from Christian's
Cabinet of Curiosities, an 8 inch by 50 foot roll of his variety is
about 20 bucks but I occasionally find a set of two each 8 inch and 11
inch for a reasonable price. I think there are about 4 rolls of each in
the pantry now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 10/23/2011 1:13 PM, George Shirley wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 11:54 AM, The Cook wrote:
>> If you have not already, register with www.foodsaver.com to get
>> offers of bargains. I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls at
>> $8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.
>>
>> I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
>> mini machine was listed at $69.95. The mini is for a Christmas
>> present.
>>
>> I get notices from them frequently. Once in a while I will place an
>> order. I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
>> order.

> I ordered some vacuum containers last year and they tossed in a
> FoodSaver for free then too. Gave it to our son and his family. I had
> registered for emails the year before that. It's a good move sometimes.
>
> Good price on the rolls. I generally buy mine on eBay from Christian's
> Cabinet of Curiosities, an 8 inch by 50 foot roll of his variety is
> about 20 bucks but I occasionally find a set of two each 8 inch and 11
> inch for a reasonable price. I think there are about 4 rolls of each in
> the pantry now.

I forget the actual price but Target is usually quite good for the rolls.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

and sams and costco often have great bundles if you need everything in
there, Lee
"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 10/23/2011 1:13 PM, George Shirley wrote:
>> On 10/23/2011 11:54 AM, The Cook wrote:
>>> If you have not already, register with www.foodsaver.com to get
>>> offers of bargains. I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls at
>>> $8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.
>>>
>>> I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
>>> mini machine was listed at $69.95. The mini is for a Christmas
>>> present.
>>>
>>> I get notices from them frequently. Once in a while I will place an
>>> order. I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
>>> order.

>> I ordered some vacuum containers last year and they tossed in a
>> FoodSaver for free then too. Gave it to our son and his family. I had
>> registered for emails the year before that. It's a good move sometimes.
>>
>> Good price on the rolls. I generally buy mine on eBay from Christian's
>> Cabinet of Curiosities, an 8 inch by 50 foot roll of his variety is
>> about 20 bucks but I occasionally find a set of two each 8 inch and 11
>> inch for a reasonable price. I think there are about 4 rolls of each in
>> the pantry now.

> I forget the actual price but Target is usually quite good for the rolls.
>
> --
>

> James Silverton, Potomac
>
> I'm *not*

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Oct 23, 12:13*pm, George Shirley > wrote:

> Good price on the rolls. I generally buy mine on eBay from Christian's
> Cabinet of Curiosities, an 8 inch by 50 foot roll of his variety is
> about 20 bucks but I occasionally find a set of two each 8 inch and 11
> inch for a reasonable price. I think there are about 4 rolls of each in
> the pantry now.

That's good price for the 8" size. Bed, Bath, and Beyond has both
sizes, the 11" rolls are $19.99 for a box of two and a 20% off coupon
will knock off $4. The $5 off $15 or more is even better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 10/23/2011 10:54 AM, The Cook wrote:
> If you have not already, register with www.foodsaver.com to get
> offers of bargains. I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls at
> $8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.
>
> I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
> mini machine was listed at $69.95. The mini is for a Christmas
> present.
>
> I get notices from them frequently. Once in a while I will place an
> order. I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
> order.

Kohl's is a good place to find them when they are on sale plus an
additional 15-20% off coupon.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Default Vaccum Bags Made In The US!

On Oct 27, 1:52*pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 10:54 AM, The Cook wrote:
>
> > If you have not already, register with *www.foodsaver.comto get
> > offers of bargains. *I ordered a few days ago for 12 8" rolls *at
> > $8.39 each and I got a mini foodsaver and shipping for free.

> > I saved $43.2 on the rolls, shipping would have been over $15 and the
> > mini machine was listed at $69.95. *The mini is for a Christmas
> > present.

> > I get notices from them frequently. *Once in a while I will place an
> > order. *I am running short of the 8" rolls so was a good time to
> > order.

> Kohl's is a good place to find them when they are on sale plus an
> additional 15-20% off coupon.
>
> gloria p

I love the FoodSaver I inherited from my MIL but was seriously bummed
when I found out the bags were made in China. At Bi-Mart today, I
found a brand called ZipVac that is made in the US - woot! An 11"
wide roll was $5.99 - less than FoodSaver but hopefully, the quality
is as good.

-Beti
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 10/30/2011 08:10 PM, Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:
> In article
> >,
> > wrote:
>
>> I love the FoodSaver I inherited from my MIL but was seriously bummed
>> when I found out the bags were made in China. At Bi-Mart today, I
>> found a brand called ZipVac that is made in the US - woot! An 11"
>> wide roll was $5.99 - less than FoodSaver but hopefully, the quality
>> is as good.

> Let us know how it works, I'd be interested.

Same here!

Serene, new Foodsaver owner

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On Oct 30, 11:16*pm, Serene Vannoy > wrote:
> On 10/30/2011 08:10 PM, Ran e at Arabian Knits wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,
> > * > *wrote:

> >> I love the FoodSaver I inherited from my MIL but was seriously bummed
> >> when I found out the bags were made in China. *At Bi-Mart today, I
> >> found a brand called ZipVac that is made in the US - woot! *An 11"
> >> wide roll was $5.99 - less than FoodSaver but hopefully, the quality
> >> is as good.

> > * * Let us know how it works, I'd be interested.

> Same here!
>
> Serene, new Foodsaver owner
>
> --http://www.momfoodproject.com

I found my food saver and my bags at the good will. about 2 years
apart!! don't know where they were made, but I'll check. Made in
china bags would scare me. thanks for the idea.

FoodSaver owners The Cook Preserving 9 10-12-2011 05:33 AM
Question for Tilia Foodsaver/Freshsaver vaccum preserving system owners [email protected] General Cooking 8 15-01-2005 05:50 PM
Question for Tilia Foodsaver/Freshsaver vaccum preserving system owners [email protected] Cooking Equipment 8 15-01-2005 05:50 PM
Question for Tilia Foodsaver/Freshsaver vaccum preserving system owners [email protected] Preserving 8 15-01-2005 05:50 PM